The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-12-2011, 11:32 PM
Courtier

I wish this thread, as well as all other threads in this section entitled Wedding of HSH Prince Albert II and Miss Charlene Wittstock, 1-2 July 2011 truly dealt with just these two individuals involved, and their guests and families, and did *not* bring in other royal families, marriages, et al, for comparisons sake.

This is the root of the problem in this section imho. I know I myself, as a long-time fan of the Grimaldi Family, only post in the part of the forum devoted to them (and occasionally in other forums like the Fashion Forum, Jewelry Forum, the death of HI&RH Archduke Otto of Habsburg, couple of times in the Swedish Royal Family/Belgium Royal Family/Luxembourg Royal Family). That's it. Finito. It's all about respect, not going into a forum and disrupting & disrespecting the members there, not to mention the subjects as well, especially when that part of the forum is specifically devoted to such a joyous event as a wedding, and therefore those two individuals involved, as well as their families and guests.

There's more than enough leeway of comparisons, gossip, rumour, bad feelings going on in the other sections of the Grimaldi Forum, therefore I'm just disappointed that this section specifically devoted to the wedding of Albert & Charlene has been disrupted. :(

And to get back on topic, Thank You, Albert & Charlene, once again, for putting on such a lovely wedding and sharing it with the world.

Not being alive to share in the joy of your parents' wedding, Albert, this is the very first time I've ever had the pleasure of being alive & sharing in the joy of a Grimaldi Wedding via the 'net. I am truly humbled. Thank you.

My gift to you two very special people:

"My love for Linton is like the foliage in the woods...time will change it...as winter changes the trees. My love for Heathcliff...is like eternal rocks beneath...a source of little physical delight, but necessary. Nelly, I am Heathcliff."

Old 07-13-2011, 03:28 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Did attend the wedding any member from Greek Royal Family?

Old 07-13-2011, 04:00 PM
Gentry

No, Salma, no one of the greeks were there.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:13 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by abril View Post
No, Salma, no one of the greeks were there.
Thank you
Old 07-20-2011, 09:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

I dont know what is with this idea that William's wedding wasn't grand enough. I think it was very grand and much more of a respectful feel than CnA's; some of the guest seemed to just be dressing for yet another Sunday at a boring church service.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 07-21-2011, 04:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Xenia, I agree with you - but then I would ! I know Rowan Williams (the Archbishop of Canterbury) and the two religious sisters personally. That made it special to me, but probably nobody else.
Compared to the Monaco "bash", I felt on familiar territory.
But it's "horses for courses"....
Old 07-22-2011, 03:22 PM
Aristocracy

Except for the pgoto of group, there are not the other official photos????
Old 07-22-2011, 03:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I dont know what is with this idea that William's wedding wasn't grand enough. I think it was very grand and much more of a respectful feel than CnA's; some of the guest seemed to just be dressing for yet another Sunday at a boring church service.
Any event that was as hyped as much as W & K's wedding, is bound to bring disappointment to some fans.

There wasn't nearly as much anticipation with A & C's wedding until the week before, therefore it turned out to be much more than I, and many others, had expected.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:37 PM
Heir Apparent

The W & K wedding wasn't hyped as such. Everyone knew when and where the ceremony was. But people get over-excited as regards the details - just think how many times we all vied with one another over a precious bit of info to share around !
Not to mention the clothes, bridemaids etc.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

LOL...I remember the frenzy on this forum; such a palaver! It was fun though, wasn't it.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, it was fun .... but we'd better make the best of it because it won't come again twice in a lifetime...
Old 07-26-2011, 03:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh, Renata, do you think there will be no interest when the Casaraghi boys marry. Granted, they are not royal, per se, but I think they will generate quite a buzz.

My first Royal Wedding was that of the Princess Elizabeth. I've had lots and lots of Royal Weddings! (I was three weeks old at the time of her wedding.) My first cognizant Royal Wedding was that of Grace and Rainier. My mother had a terrible crush on Rainier and she never spoke his name again after he married Grace.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:46 PM
Royal Highness

Congratulations Princess Charlene & Prince Albert,
Princess Charlene elegance,noble and beautiful royal bride.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

I admit I don't find Rainer that attractive, sometimes his face seems a little weird. But he is much more of a gentleman than his son.
Anyway, I wasn't alive for CnDs wedding but I did see clips of it and a few years ago the entire thing.
I think the best thing about Charlene and Albert's wedding is it goes back to the majesty and beauty of Grace and Rainer's wedding, which Stephanie and Caroline didn't have.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 08-03-2011, 01:11 PM
Nobility

I loved the length of Charlene's train and the three-layered idea for it was unusual but I didn't like the way the veil was so low down at the back of her head. After all, you don't wear a hat like that so why a wedding veil?
Old 08-03-2011, 04:01 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Oh, Renata, do you think there will be no interest when the Casaraghi boys marry. Granted, they are not royal, per se, but I think they will generate quite a buzz.

My first Royal Wedding was that of the Princess Elizabeth. I've had lots and lots of Royal Weddings! (I was three weeks old at the time of her wedding.) My first cognizant Royal Wedding was that of Grace and Rainier. My mother had a terrible crush on Rainier and she never spoke his name again after he married Grace.
Oh, this made me feel quite sad Kitty - your mother having a crush on the handsomely dishy and exceedingly dashing young Prince Rainier (with a name like that who wouldn't have?!) and having all hopes dashed when he married.....and she never spoke his name again :-(
I think my mother did the same with Jose Carreras.

I do agree that when Caroline's children get married there will be quite a buzz about it - after all, they have their heritage, are famous and by then most of the current younger generation of royals are now married.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Aristocracy

Any Photos ??????
Old 08-03-2011, 04:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Photos of whom??? If you mean wedding photos of Charlene and Albert, there are videos and still shots all over the web.

Really, all you need to do is go back to the very beginning of this thread.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh, KittyAtlanta, you made me feel nostalgia all over again...... I remember having lunch and orange juice in a pub, and the (small) TV set showed Rainier and Grace....
Old 08-08-2011, 06:48 AM
Royal Highness

There are many photos on the wedding of Prince Albert, you go on You tube there are many videos on the wedding in many languages, the exposition in Monaco on the wedding make a success, you must wait a long time before entering in the Ocean Museum where there is the exposition, it is a success.there are many visitors of all the countries
On the site 'the royal correspondent' I like very much because we have many news about all the royalties with any bad comments, neutral. there is the new that there will be a disighner for the privat appartment of Monaco, there is the photo I saw at the exposition of the wedding, I never saw it in the media, it is the official photo of the couple after the civil wedding. Very nice under the photo of the Princess Grace as they wanted to make think to her during this big event for them