Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock: Church Wedding - July 2, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Someone mentioned beforehand about how this wedding turned out to be such a dignified event and I totally agree. It was also elegant but with the right touch of understatement to it. The bride and groom looked sombre but that's understandable since I think they're both very reserved people and for two such people to get married with a lot of very important people plus a tiny country watching, well that could be more than a little overwhelming. Perfect wedding dress for her, modern and nothing frou frou and one would never see that dress and think of Grace Kelly's wedding dress like I did with the Duchess of Cambridge's, lol. Would have loved to see the details on the front. Good job, Armani!

Yes, I agree with you; the wedding was dignified, perhaps too dignified, rather on the sombre side, as if the "runaway" issue on hanging over them.
Just as the DofC's dress reminded you of Grace Kelly's, I would think that is a good thing as Grace was classy.

Charlene looked quite pretty but seemed detached, perhaps again due to the "illegitimate" rumours etc. I do find though that Charlene reminds me very much of Calista Flockhart :ROFLMAO:Calista Flockhart - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of my opinions:
1. I understand concern about the paternity issues. Even if the tests come back and Albert isn't the father, if I were Charlene I would have some trust issueses.
2. I'm not sure that I would call their two day marriage event dignified. Some of the guests looked like street walkers, in particular the maid of honor. How blatent an attempt to show off her fake chest could there have been. Not classy in the least. And that cake, OMGoodness, how incredibly over the top and cheesy. The decorations on the cake were lovely but the size was just aweful. I would have loved to have seen smaller cakes decorated in the same theme scattered around the dining facility.
3. I could only make it about 5 minutes into Prince Albert's speech. That was just terrible to watch. Emotions, nerves or just lack of preparation, whatever the case, not a good speech at all.

A New Dawn for Her Serene Highness Princess Charlene

:)Now that the day is over, the guests have gone, the wedding cake whether beautiful or ugly has been cut; everyone is entitle to an opinion. Princess Charlene was a gergeous bride with Nordic features. Her attire. makeup and hair style were superb. This day will never erase from her memory.
:ermm:Albert is middle aged and has gained lots of Experience and Wisdom, Charlene on the other hand has the fine qualities he likes.

Their different qualities should balance each other.

May they find peace with each other. The guests have gone, the fireworks over :flowers:there is a new dawn in their lives.

Wow, bless you both. You are very forgiving. :flowers: I guess I hold speakers to a higher standard. Read from prepared notes that you've vetted with several people or memorize your speech.

His speech was filled with "I this" and "I that." And the groom traditionally toasts the bride not "peace, love, and harmony." He just came off as self-centered to me. :sad:

Hmm, we see what we want to see, I guess - and I see a man who can charm the ladies. I can well understand why as I watch him. :whistling: He's an engaging man. He was also nervous and - possibly - sobered about what had been taking place behind the scenes. Ah, life!

I just found out that he used to be a stutterer. That it took him a long time to overcome it. I agree that the 9 minutes wasn't 'polished' - he did have notes - but I am fascinated and compelled by the humanity of those halting 9 minutes. He didn't have to impress me - I'm just the observer. Its his wedding - his time - his moment - and I saw a man trying to say something. I think Charlene heard - no matter what we think. Just an opinion.

I'm not sure. I've searched and searched, but I haven't seen any pics of her. I saw Henri and Guillaume, but not MT. Maybe pics will pop up eventually...?

She walked in on the arm of King Albert II of The Belgians.

I have heard Prince Albert interviewed by Larry King (CNN), a French TV network and his speech at the United Nations; he is an articulate speaker. He was overwhelmed at his wedding, Charlene shedding a tear earlier and with the dark rumoured cloud dangling over his life, memory of his parents and his two children not at his wedding. "No man is an Island".

I hope Charlene appriciates all that he has done to make her wedding day memorable. Albert is a good person.

IMO, all seven grandchildren of TSH Prince/ss Rainier/Grace are easy on the eyes. I have seen only few pix of Miss Pauline Ducruet, have never seen Mr Louis Ducruet or half-sister, Miss Camille Gottlieb. So it was nice to see their faces on live television during their uncle's Catholic wedding ceremony. It seems HSH Stephanie found wisdom at some point between her youngest child's birth and now and has done an awesome job raising her three beautiful children!

http://myroyal-myroyals.blogspot.com/2011/07/princess-charline-in-vogue-daily.html

So her getting ready was in Vogue? Hmmm....makes me feel a bit like it's a celebrity/publicity event then a royal wedding....like she's trying to hard to be famous (make sense?) but I guess their both cool with it and it doesn't change the marriage so...to each their own

XeniaCasaraghi said:
Sorry, but that is one ugly tiara.
And where is a picture of this oh so awful cake?
This link shows pics of the cake....

http://myroyal-myroyals.blogspot.com/2011/07/wedding-of-prince-albert-wittstock_3867.html

Last edited:
As time goes by

I thought Charlenes dress looked gawguss. As for the other time will tell.

A couple of my opinions:
1. I understand concern about the paternity issues. Even if the tests come back and Albert isn't the father, if I were Charlene I would have some trust issueses.
2. I'm not sure that I would call their two day marriage event dignified. Some of the guests looked like street walkers, in particular the maid of honor. How blatent an attempt to show off her fake chest could there have been. Not classy in the least. And that cake, OMGoodness, how incredibly over the top and cheesy. The decorations on the cake were lovely but the size was just aweful. I would have loved to have seen smaller cakes decorated in the same theme scattered around the dining facility.
3. I could only make it about 5 minutes into Prince Albert's speech. That was just terrible to watch. Emotions, nerves or just lack of preparation, whatever the case, not a good speech at all.

I would add to your list the VOGUE coverage of Princess Charlene preparing for her wedding, in a bathrobe..........um well....why? It is not "girls night out" photos or anthing like that, this is a marriage to a head of state. Oh well, it's all here at myroyals:

MYROYALS

A guest fell - I think it was Prince Frederick? Can anyone say what happened? I saw the picture but there was no explanation. Many thanks in advance! :flowers:

IMO, all seven grandchildren of TSH Prince/ss Rainier/Grace are easy on the eyes. I have seen only few pix of Miss Pauline Ducruet, have never seen Mr Louis Ducruet or half-sister, Miss Camille Gottlieb. So it was nice to see their faces on live television during their uncle's Catholic wedding ceremony. It seems HSH Stephanie found wisdom at some point between her youngest child's birth and now and has done an awesome job raising her three beautiful children!

I I have not seen any pictures of the children at the Wedding dinner and party? Does anyone know if they attended ? Or did they attend only the religious ceremony ?

Poor Laurent! You should see the look of absolute horror on the face of the carabinier standing behind him when the prince first hit the floor! :eek:

Last edited:
Charlene looks so pretty as a bride I hope that this marriage last with all the stuff that is happening in monaco

I heard there were also family photos made. Hope they're being published.

MYROYALS: PR

So her getting ready was in Vogue? Hmmm....makes me feel a bit like it's a celebrity/publicity event then a royal wedding....like she's trying to hard to be famous (make sense?) but I guess their both cool with it and it doesn't change the marriage so...to each their own

This link shows pics of the cake....

MYROYALS: WEDD
It looks like a normal, standard size and rather boring cake in front of a gigantic cardbord cake dummy. And even if the big thing in the background is a real cake, how do you cut eatable slices out of such a monster?

As for the Vogue spread: It's Monaco, everything is about glamour and PR. The same thing goes for all the advertisments: Lexus adversing their hybrid cars, the jewellers publishing information about the pieces they created for the princess, everybody who delivered as much as a toothpick is talking about it big deal. A lot of money involved and still some kind of cheap.

Was Prince Ernst of Hannover at the either of the civil or religious wedding ceremonies? I ask, because I did not see him on television or have seen any photographs of him.

Thank you
He surely wasn't there, or we would have heard about it:whistling:. The press would have been head over heals if he had showed up. No way you'd have missed the headlines:p.

Last edited by a moderator:
has anybody downloaded the TF1 video of the ceremony? They have 4 hours of coverage posted, but I can't get it as I am not in France :(

I think the cake was over the top and not very pretty, especially compared to William and Catherine's...that was one gorgeous wedding cake!

Princess Charlene looks tired and washed out at the brunch, and she looks better with her hair up rather than down because it is so fine....

:previous: Have to agree with you on this one. I think this to have been an unnecessary undertaking that serves little purpose. Considerably kitsch, which is unfortunate.

Back
Top Bottom