The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-11-2011, 10:24 AM
Heir Apparent

They "skipped the objection part" because it is not part of the Roman Catholic marriage rite....it never has been.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Why do you feel the need to insult the British Royal Family in a discussion on a wedding in Monaco? Did I miss the part where this thread became a comparison of different royal families?

Also hadn't realised that those of us who live in the UK are not allowed to have an opinion on Monaco. I must have missed that in the TRF rules.
You need to toughen up just a bit. Comparisons are always made, no matter what RF is being discussed.

You don't like it when someone "disses" the BR wedding/family, but it's OK for you to express ungracious comments about the Monaco wedding/family...which will go down in history as the wedding of the Century.

Old 07-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
They "skipped the objection part" because it is not part of the Roman Catholic marriage rite....it never has been.
And it would be pointless to object anyway since they were legally married the day before at the civil ceremony. Charlene was already HSH The Princess Consort of Monaco when she walked into the courtyard on the arm of her father.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:06 PM
Commoner

I haven't posted my reflections until now because i've been torn. On one hand i see these sweet moments between Albert and Charlene and the smiling faces of their families and then the next moment i see moments where Albert seems angry at Charlene and Charlene seems very sad. I think the media really has affected my judgement. Reading all about the runaway bride story made me look for places where they seemed miserable. I rewatched the wedding a week later. During that week i didn't read anything about the couple and their honeymoon..when i watched the wedding the second time i saw sweet gestures and loving glances. Of course, i get up this morning and see a headline about Charlene "sleeping 10 miles away from Albert on their honeymoon" and i just imagine Charlene's sad looks at the wedding and Albert's anger. So, it depends, at least for me, on what i've been reading. I love the Monaco princely family and wish them all the best. The family and Monaco deserve to have a happy marriage that doesn't end with divorce or death. I hope that they are happy but i also wish that if Charlene isn't happy, that she has the strength to leave the marriage, and preferably before they have children. Overall, it was a beautiful wedding in a picturesque setting and the Grimaldis, of course, looked amazing.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's amazing how Charlene fans have to critizice Catherine, Camilla, and every single royal to praise their idol...
Old 07-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
It's amazing how Charlene fans have to critizice Catherine, Camilla, and every single royal to praise their idol...
Nathalie, you are right
Old 07-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
Isn't that called "turnabout is fair play?" Your comment is somewhat exaggerated.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:40 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine View Post

***NOTE: following reflections are all taken from these fantastic links of the entire wedding: Osa 1 | Ruhtinas Albertin häät | Toista | YLE Areena | yle.fi , Osa 2 | Ruhtinas Albertin häät | Toista | YLE Areena | yle.fi )***

1.) Prince Georg of Prussia sitting with his lovely fiancee Sophie @ 17:02
2.) Prince & Princess Michael of Kent standing outside their hotel @ 23:05
3.) Ditto, except this time Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel @ 24:13
4.) Ditto, except Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg @ 24:18
5.) The lovely Mrs. Wittstock & Sons walking the red carpet @ 26:10
6.) Prince Albert's entire family walking the red carpet @ 26:37, including Prince Ernst Jr., Prince Christian, Pierre, Bea, Charlotte, Andrea, Tatiana, Princess Stephanie, Louis, Pauline, Camille, Princess Caroline, and Princess Alexandra.
7.) Charlotte smiling in the audience @ 29:52
8.) Princess Caroline & Princess Stephanie laughing together @ 31:14
9.) Louis staring at Charlotte for the longest time, even when the camera cut away from him, looks besotted with his own cousin, lol. All the while Charlotte was smiling at everybody @ 31:31
10.) Stephanie & Andrea discussing something funny, with Andrea slightly smiling & sticking his tongue out, while Pierre, Christian and Ernst were discussing something equally funny behind him @ 33:06
11.) Caroline & Stephanie smiling while discussing something amusing, while behind them Camille & Alexandra were discussing something as well @ 33:42 :)
12.) Whole family staring at the altar with Charlotte the only one smiling @ 35:06
13.) Prince Guillaume fanning himself madly, his face bright red, but with a smile on it per usual @ 38:00
14.) Caroline looking lovely close-up @ 38:54
15.) President Sarkozy arriving like a king himself! Lol, seriously, he carries himself with confidence & aplomb, back straight, head up, total command over his person, which makes up for his small stature. :) Only greeting Princess Caroline & Princess Stephanie, then the Queen of Belgium @ 41:29 (everybody seemed to want to talk to him throughout I noticed).
16.) Prince Albert descending the stairs! @ 46:34
17.) Charlene beginning her long beautiful tranquil walk @ 47:43

TAPE 2

18.) Prince Albert entering to magnificent romantic "Celebration"!!!! With his family looking on fondly @ 0:14
19.) Princess Caroline trying to compose herself in the background as she watches her baby brother @ 0:45
20.) Charlene entering to crescendo! of "Celebration" by Paul McCartney, with the words "love, we search for love, time spent with you, I'll stay with you".
21.) Princess Caroline wiping away tears @ 3:11
22.) Pauline speaking, with Charlotte looking on proudly @ 11:21
23.) Charlotte speaking, with Pauline looking on equally fondly @ 14:20
24.) Camille & Alexandra getting up & crossing aisle @ 27:48
25.) Alexandra & Camille presenting the wedding rings @ 29:34
26.) Princess Charlene's long elegant fingers unwrapping Albert's wedding ring @ 34:00
27.) CLICK SONG! Love it!!!! @ 34:13
28.) Alexandra, Camille, and the Matron of Honor's two little girls reading passages from the Bible aloud @ 37:20
29.) The family congratulating each other with Albert making a joyous fist pump! @ 54:44
30.) Charlotte singing along with the choir @ 1:14:14
31.) ANDREA BOCELLI!!!!!! @ 1:16:19 (there are no words to express my emotions)
32.) Andrea smiling as Prince Albert & Princess Charlene leave the altar as husband & wife

Ahhh, that's it for now, cannot type anymore, lol, suffice it to say I looooved the whole entire wedding, including the moving scene at the small chapel church St. Devota, wherein the Special Olympic participants were waiting for them.

I'm so proud of the Monaco Family, and I know that Prince Rainier & Grace must be as well, what a lovely family they raised, with that love being passed onto their grandchildren as well. KUDOS TO RAINIER & GRACE GRIMALDI!!!!
As a Finnish speaking, I found that these videos are only available to play fourteen days, i.e. on the 16th July 4.30 p.m. from London time they are unable to monitor.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:41 PM
Administrator

Frankly, I don't understand the need to compare and contrast the differences in the recent royal weddings. Each wedding was different and had its own nuances that made it special. The fact remains that the Windsors and the Grimaldi's do things differently.

It doesn't make either wedding better or worst just different.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Monaco Info is still replaying footage of the wedding - including the interview with some of the seven young bridal attendants for Charlene.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:49 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Frankly, I don't understand the need to compare and contrast the differences in the recent royal weddings. Each wedding was different and had its own nuances that made it special. The fact remains that the Windsors and the Grimaldi's do things differently.

It doesn't make either wedding better or worst just different.
Thank you for this!!!

How did you get to be so wise and diplomatic?!!
Old 07-11-2011, 08:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Luna View Post
But the sadest thing was, when Charlene started to cry ( when a mother and a daughter sang to them ), and Albert was looking at here and almost saying " what are you crying for"!
I have never seen a more sad wedding ceremony - clearly these two should not have gone forward with this farce. She was crying because she stepped into a steel trap that she's bound to until she produces an heir...preferable male, first....if there is to be a 2nd. This was not a joy-filled union - it's more like an arranged or forced marriage. PA is stunted emotionally, and she doesn't strike me as very bright or confident - and, I'm not trying to be unkind, the observation is obvious from all the footage out there. In the US, there reports that they stayed in separate hotels on their honeymoon in So Africa, and that she tried to "run away" 3x prior to the wedding based on stories that PA is either seeing Nicole Coste again, or at best has fathered a 3rd "love" child....while engaged to Charlene......photogs ask them to kiss, and she turns her head away, so he's left awkwardly kissing her cheek - it's Charles and Diana all over again - a wedding based in deception.....it's never going to work, sorry to say.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:46 AM
Heir Apparent

The well-being of Charlene and / or Albert is not important in the great scheme of things.
Whether they love each other is also unimportant.
The Principality, its viability (and the vested interests of the French Republic) is what counts.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:27 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseygal View Post
I have never seen a more sad wedding ceremony - clearly these two should not have gone forward with this farce. She was crying because she stepped into a steel trap that she's bound to until she produces an heir...preferable male, first....if there is to be a 2nd. This was not a joy-filled union - it's more like an arranged or forced marriage. PA is stunted emotionally, and she doesn't strike me as very bright or confident - and, I'm not trying to be unkind, the observation is obvious from all the footage out there. In the US, there reports that they stayed in separate hotels on their honeymoon in So Africa, and that she tried to "run away" 3x prior to the wedding based on stories that PA is either seeing Nicole Coste again, or at best has fathered a 3rd "love" child....while engaged to Charlene......photogs ask them to kiss, and she turns her head away, so he's left awkwardly kissing her cheek - it's Charles and Diana all over again - a wedding based in deception.....it's never going to work, sorry to say.
Horseygal, these are my feelings exactly. The portuguese press keeps publishing articles according to wich Charlene had to sign a contract prior to the wedding. The terms of this pre-nup state that Charlene must stay married to P. Albert for no less than five years, and that she must give him a child... This being true, is sad, sahmeful and humiliating and it's quite unabonatory to H. S. H.'s character. After all that i've read in theses foruns, in portuguese, french and spanish magazines and after all the images i've seen of the ceremonies, both civil and religious, i must confess that P. Albert stroke me as quite a bossy, authoritarian man who, more than commit himself in a loving union with a woman he has true feelings for, trained, shaped and molded, for five long years, a woman into a clone of his mother, and then staged this marriage ( it's said that he planned the whole thing and that Charlene was only allowed to choose her wedding gown )... With what purpose? Time will tell. But i must confess that this all business seemed fishy to me, since the begining, so i think the word you used in your post, farce, describes the whole deal very well...
Old 07-12-2011, 10:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

All supposition and I heard this and they wrote that. But Nothing from the hoses's mouth, so to speak. Rumor, inuendo and falsehoods, guesses and whatnot. Other than that, what firsthand knowledge do you have?
Old 07-12-2011, 11:14 AM
Heir Apparent

And there's the rub ...... (almost) none of us have first-hand knowledge ...... apart from audio, video or paper-based "news".

The strength of TRF (and similar boards) is the cut and thrust of debate, the knowledge and opinions of other participants, the passionate contributions, and sometimes (unfortunately) discord among posters.

I wouldn't miss it for the world......
Old 07-12-2011, 12:43 PM
Heir Apparent

A belated item in Nice-Matin about the wines for the wedding:

Gio Sergi and Ghislain de Charnacé provided not one, but two wines for the wedding...
A white named Le Clos (Clos Saint Vincent), and a red named Cuvée Baron G. (Château de Bellet).

Le vin de Bellet rois des noces princières de Monaco | Nice-Matin

Le vin de Bellet rois des noces princières de Monaco | Nice-Matin
Old 07-12-2011, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

The French philosopher Voltaire said:

"I do not agree with a word you say, bur I will defend to the death your right to say it."
Old 07-12-2011, 01:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kitty let's be honest. The British Royal wedding is going to go down as the wedding of the century, not the wedding in Monaco; that is just a fact.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 07-12-2011, 01:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi
Kitty let's be honest. The British Royal wedding is going to go down as the wedding of the century, not the wedding in Monaco; that is just a fact.
Agreed. I watched the princely wedding again and I was struck by how they weren't even looking in the same direction the majority of the time, let alone looking at each other.