The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-23-2011, 05:41 AM
Heir Apparent

I can't tell if she was "sad" to be marrying him or,she was uncomfortable with millions of people watching.

I hope she was not "sad",as a lot of people were calling it.

Old 07-23-2011, 09:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria's Secret View Post
I totally agree, Moonmaiden. The ceremony I watched was altogether dignified and solemn -- the way it should be -- with more than enough beautiful (subtle) moments. It was neither the time nor the place for anything else. PA seemed somewhat nervous, which is quite understandable, but his bride was impeccable, IMO.
I think Charlene looked beautiful and very nervous. Surprisingly so did Albert. I didn't expect that as he has been on the public stage for decades. But there he was, like thousands of men before him (and not a few recently married Crown Princes) nervous! And it showed!

Quote:
And the way some media is portraying it now is just ridiculous. [The Guardian: "Monaco's implausibly named Princess Charlene weeping through her wedding..."] I mean, really! It appears they just saw a picture (from the Church of St. Devote), instead of forming an objective opinion from watching the whole ceremony.
Implausibly named? Wasn't that the name her parents gave her when she was baptised? I thought she held it together pretty well throughout the very public ceremony and was allowed a few tears at the Church of St. Devote. It was a semi-private and very emotional moment and they were serenaded with a very beatiful song. I nearly cried it was so lovely.

Albert, being a man of his time, looked like he didn't know whether to hug her or hand her a handkerchief. That didn't mean he doesn't love her, just that he is unused to public displays of emotion. Give him time and he'll adjust to a slightly more demonstrative wife.

Quote:
In some people's eyes this couple will never get anything right. As far as I am concerned, they're a great match, and their wedding was both a moving affair and spectacular occasion I will remember for a long time.
You are absolutely right. People and especially the continental press seem to delight in spreading pure bile about both Albert and poor Charlene who has done nothing but get married and look great doing it! I guess that's enough to get the knives out . . . . .

I find Monaco hard to fathom. The royal family seem to have their issues, the people have theirs, the press exploit both and when they run out of headlines? Well I guess they make them up.

Old 07-23-2011, 10:55 AM
Serene Highness

I read somewhere that King Juan Carlos did end up going to the wedding. Maybe the President of Spain's wife got kicked off the plane.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:01 PM
Heir Apparent

I think the "implausible" name must have been due to the Charlene in the Australian soap "Neighbours".
Old 07-23-2011, 02:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Juan Carlos was not at the wedding, nor were any memebrs of his family.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I suspect that was because of the "austerity" budget of the people of Spain. It would have looked bad if they had turned up to the wedding. In addition, the King was ill.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Probably but there were suggestions that the reason was the invitation addressed to HRH the Duke of Anjou, a title and claim that JC does not recognize.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:36 AM
Heir Apparent

It's August the First, and the wedding souvenirs are still being sold, but several lines have sold out.

The headline on Monaco-Matin:
"Mariage princier : le succès des souvenirs"

Quand le mariage princier fait le buzz | monacomatin.com
Old 09-17-2011, 01:38 PM
Royal Highness

Stephane Bern at the wedding exhibition with the good news (at last ) of an official souvenir book to commemorate the wedding and the exhibition of photos at the Oceanographic museum

Nice Matin
Old 09-18-2011, 07:31 AM
Courtier

I'm going on holiday to Monaco next week.
I will go to the bookstore and see what I can find about them.
If there is something interesting I'll let you know
Old 09-18-2011, 07:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smush View Post
I'm going on holiday to Monaco next week.
I will go to the bookstore and see what I can find about them.
If there is something interesting I'll let you know
Oh yes please ! How lucky you are !
Old 10-06-2011, 08:30 AM
Royal Highness

In Paris Match to day, there are unpublished photos of the wedding, some are taken just after the civil wedding before the scene of the balcony, we saw Princess Caroline kissing Her brother Albert and also Stephanie kissing also Albert and a moving photo of Mrs Siri, the former secretaire of the Prince Rainier during 25 years crying in the arms of Prince Albert and also others photos which will be published in the album called 'l'histoire du mariage princier'. This album will be sold at the edition of the Rocher on october 19th.
These photos were given by the palace for the album.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:45 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Three pics of the book "Albert et Charlène: Mariage Princier" that will be published this month can be found here:

** Albert de Monaco et Charlène : découvrez l'album officiel et pudique de leur mariage en noir et blanc ! **

The second one is one of those Paris Match had published last week, a really nice shot.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:08 AM
Royal Highness

The royal correspondent site makes a report about the book in english and where to buy it.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:17 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Yes, but without any new information we haven't shared here before.

We already know that it will be available in Monaco, France and via amazon.fr.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:12 AM
Royal Highness

good news, last week, we had some more photos on Paris Match. Perhaps there will be a dvd about the wedding one day, but it is a beginning with this album
There was a dvd on the wedding of Princess Victoria on december and the wedding took place in Juni
Old 10-20-2011, 07:17 AM
Courtier

Does anyone got the book already?
"Albert et Charlene, mariage princier, 1er et 2juillet 2011'
Nothing yet on amazon.fr
Old 10-21-2011, 07:51 AM
Royal Highness

Looking at the Amazon .fr site, they haven't listed this new title yet. It is a little confusing because there is another book which is also by Stephane Bern about the marriage -but don't order this thinking it is the one that Iceflower has linked to in the above post - it's not. I saw this in Monaco in the summer & it's mainly text based - not the catalogue of the wedding exhibition. I think that once the exhibition has closed in Monaco the catalogue may be more widely available. This has been my experience of official catalogues linked to exhibitions at the Grimaldi centre. We just have to be a little patient. Although, the publication is currently listed on the FNAC website.

Update - link below is to the catalogue - it isn't published until next week
Amazon.fr
Old 10-21-2011, 08:03 PM
Royal Highness

Yes, it is a little confusing about the books, there are two books one called' histoire du mariage princier' from Stephane Bern, I bought it two weeks ago when I went to Monaco to make shopping.It is sold at the museum during the exposition
There is an another called -Albert Charlene mariage princier 1 et 2 juillet 2011, it is not yet in the libraries, my sister asked to a the fnac of monaco who said her that this book will be sold the next week, I think that this book will be perhaps only sold in Monaco
Old 10-30-2011, 05:30 AM
Courtier

No news from the book here in germany.
At amazon.fr there is again just the other book which is also by Stephane Bern about the marriage.