The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-14-2011, 09:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche
^ So people woke up early in the morning (1am, 2am, 3am, 4am, 5am) in many part of the world to watch a wedding that they weren't interested in or didn't want to watch, just b/c all the television stations was showing it?
No, SOME people woke up at 4 or 5am because they have work that starts earlier due to financial markets closing at different times and tend to switch on the news during breakfast to keep track of current events.
SOME people were up at 1 or 2am because it was Friday morning and were just getting home from a night out.

Were there people who woke up or stayed up specifically to watch the wedding? Absolutely, but not 2 billion nor more than those who woke up to watch his parents get married.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:40 AM
Administrator

This thread, I REPEAT is not about William and Kate's wedding.

If you wish to discuss how many people watched the BRF, please do so here Wedding of William & Catherine: Reflections on the Royal Wedding

Going forwad, all posts that don't reflect on THE PRINCELY Wedding will be deleted.

Old 07-16-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria's Secret View Post
I totally agree, Moonmaiden. The ceremony I watched was altogether dignified and solemn -- the way it should be -- with more than enough beautiful (subtle) moments. It was neither the time nor the place for anything else. PA seemed somewhat nervous, which is quite understandable, but his bride was impeccable, IMO.

And the way some media is portraying it now is just ridiculous. [The Guardian: "Monaco's implausibly named Princess Charlene weeping through her wedding..."] I mean, really! It appears they just saw a picture (from the Church of St. Devote), instead of forming an objective opinion from watching the whole ceremony.

In some people's eyes this couple will never get anything right. As far as I am concerned, they're a great match, and their wedding was both a moving affair and spectacular occasion I will remember for a long time.
I watched the wedding. The saddest wedding I've ever seen. Albert seemed very nervous, and in a "negative" way. Charlene not happy. These were my impressions. There is just no apparent "chemistry" between the two.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:01 AM
Heir Apparent

One plausible reason for them not being at their best:

Neither of them have ever been to a high-profile wedding, with all its attendant pressures and preparations.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Really, where did you get that idea?
Old 07-17-2011, 11:51 AM
Heir Apparent

They have definitely been to high profile weddings in Stockholm and in London, but this was their wedding with all the usual pressures of wanting everything to go just right as well as of course having to deal with the rumours swirling around them while a tv camera was pointed at them.
That being said there were many tender moments between them during the wedding so I was not overly concerned that in a ceremony that lasted over 90 minutes if they were not constantly holding hands and looking dreamily into each others eyes.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:15 PM
Heir Apparent

I meant to write: "Neither of them had been to their own wedding before".
Old 07-17-2011, 04:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
I meant to write: "Neither of them had been to their own wedding before".
Yes I guessed that.

I often wonder how people on these boards would react to pictures of themselves if they were followed 24/7 by photographers or if they had to sit through their own weddings with a tv camera in their face. Do they imagine they would be smiling and dewey eyed all the time?
Old 07-17-2011, 04:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree with you both. I was confused by the statement that they had never attended....., of course, you are right. It is easier to watch than partake. And like most things, the younger you are the easier it is not to fear scrutiny.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

She looked perfectly happy and at ease at the civil wedding...
Old 07-17-2011, 08:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

She did, didn't she? It was just so much hoopala.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:44 PM
Aristocracy

To me, with regards to the wedding, the body language said it all. Charlene was very weepy, and all rumours aside, to me they didn't look like a "couple". Her head was down, her face and eyes were very sad, didn't light up when she smiled . After the vows, and he sent her a "kiss" I thought he was being rather cocky myself. It certainly was a lavish wedding, with no expense spared, but, as the saying goes, money can't buy happiness. I wish Charlene much luck for her future.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Maxima wept, Letizia wept, Mathilde wept, Victoria wpt. This seems to be the thing. Diana didn't weep. She should ahve and knew that at the time.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystiblue View Post
To me, with regards to the wedding, the body language said it all. Charlene was very weepy, and all rumours aside, to me they didn't look like a "couple". Her head was down, her face and eyes were very sad, didn't light up when she smiled . After the vows, and he sent her a "kiss" I thought he was being rather cocky myself. It certainly was a lavish wedding, with no expense spared, but, as the saying goes, money can't buy happiness. I wish Charlene much luck for her future.
But where did you observe Charlene being "weepy", apart from those few moments at St. Devote?

She was actually laughing and giggling while putting the ring on his finger, and after the exchange of vows they held hands for a few moments...doesn't that body language count as well?
Old 07-18-2011, 04:08 AM
Heir Apparent

I think people have homed in on the Sainte Dévote moment.

Why? I think it's because CW showed a bit of humanity. More than PA managed.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Aristocracy

I am a monarchist in Australia; the British Royal Family is My Royal Family - I am interested in them, (My Husband & Sons are not - but that's okay - I get to watch in peace lol!!).
I watched the Royal Wedding with great interest and felt a part of something special; this is History in the making!
I have also enjoyed watching Royal Families of other countries and as Prince Rainier was one of my favourites I am interested so watch Albert & Charlene.
Of course there are differences, differenct people of different ages and stages of life living in different countries.
IMO the grandeur of a Royal wedding is a wonderful spectacle, and have to admit I would watch every Royal wedding if it was televised here in Aus.
Long live the Royal Houses of all the nations, so that we - The Royal Watchers - can enjoy them forever!!!
Old 07-20-2011, 05:04 AM
Heir Apparent

I'll give it 20 or 30 years, and there won't be a monarchy left - except, perhaps, the BRF.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:44 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I'll give it 20 or 30 years, and there won't be a monarchy left - except, perhaps, the BRF.
That's sad - I hope it's not so!!!!
Mary of Denmark (Aussie) has done a great job in producing 4 heirs - I hope we one day see them grow up to be King & Dukes & Duchesses!!

Wouldn't Greece, Italy & Russia (to name a few) be more fun for tourism if they still had their Royal Families???

I hope, on this occasion, you are wrong xoxos
Old 07-21-2011, 03:12 AM
Heir Apparent

I also hope that I'm wrong - but the writing is on the wall, as they say.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:57 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I also hope that I'm wrong - but the writing is on the wall, as they say.

Okay ... Here's a challenge for ALL ROYAL WATCHERS!! ....
If we continue to love & enjoy all the Royals --- it will be harder for them to be seen as irrelevent!!!
...We can continue to write to & about them, turn out in numbers to see them at events & celebrate them.
Lets keep them all !!!
love to all the Royal fans around the world!!!!
xoxos