Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a bizarre explanation that makes no sense. If only heads of State are invited, how to explain the presence of the entire Belgian and Swedish Royal families?

The only other European RF I can think of who will not be represented at all is the Greek.

Perhaps there has been some sort of rift.
Queen Sofia of Spain's brother is the King of Greece and just why he was not invited is beyond me But then again I wager that Farah Diba was not invited, We will have to wait and see as the explanations trickle out.Last year when the King of Greece was marrying off his son Nikolaos no Grimaldi turned up on the Greek island ......The Spanish contingency was there full force but without King Juan Carlos - I think it may have to do with is health and not much more.Also when in 1995 the Greek king's son Pavlos was marrying Marie Chantal MIller in London ; Steph was simultaneoulsy marrying and they had a divide there.I am certain all will be sorted for the best.. otherwise we will be back to debate...

Queen Sofia of Spain's brother is the King of Greece and just why he was not invited is beyond me But then again I wager that Farah Diba was not invited, We will have to wait and see as the explanations trickle out.Last year when the King of Greece was marrying off his son Nikolaos no Grimaldi turned up on the Greek island ......The Spanish contingency was there full force but without King Juan Carlos - I think it may have to do with is health and not much more.Also when in 1995 the Greek king's son Pavlos was marrying Marie Chantal MIller in London ; Steph was simultaneoulsy marrying and they had a divide there.I am certain all will be sorted for the best.. otherwise we will be back to debate...

I have a theory about why relations between the two families has cooled,(Greece and Monaco) but it falls into the realm of gossip(via the international socialite/journalist/gossip Taki Theodoracopoulos) and I don't know how reliable he is...
:ermm:
debrann...I know it's probably..."indelicate" to speculate about PA and CW...but Grace and Rainier reportedly did not spend the night of their civil wedding together because Grace considered herself only "half-married" until the Nuptial Mass the following morning......

Last edited:
When are they officially married after the the civil ceremony on the 1 July or after the religious ceremony on the 2 July....if it takes the two ceremonies for them to be a 'married couple' I wonder what the sleeping arrangments will be on the Friday night...just a thought:whistling:

They will be legally married on Friday. You can be legally married without the religious ceremony.

Last edited:
Does anyone know which channels will transmit the wedding in Brazil?

Thanx Renata 4711 and Moonmaiden23 for your input...:flowers:

Who will be the bridesmaids?
Are the Grimaldis like the British, and have children for attendants?

According to "Hola" no member of the Spanish Royal Family will attend the wedding of Albert of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock

Ningún miembro de la Familia Real española asistirá a la boda de Albe | Noticias hola.com

Google Traduttore

first, felipe and letizia will go...now they won't... please, srf, decide!!!!

or i have to say: "thank you, lord!!!!"????

I suppose that could be it......:ermm:

But couldn't one of the Infantas attend so at least someone from the SRF is there?
The two families are known to be friendly, and as someone else pointed out both Catholic(monarchy and Principality)

The entire thing sounds suspect.

totally agree.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm curious any word whether the wedding will be broadcast on American or Canadian television? Or will there be somewhere that Canadian viewers can stream it? I'm really excited and don't want to miss it.

I guess I'm more curious where the festivities will be streamed online? :flowers:

Does anyone know which channels will transmit the wedding in Brazil?

I don't think any channel will aired the wedding. On the day you can come here, cause members will post links so anyone can watch it online

Jean Michel Jarre concert:

250 technicians
60 tons of metal structures
400 square metres of of giant screens
3D images

They'll be practising today and tomorrow, giving Monaco and the Cote d'Azur a preview for friday evening...

Gee, only 3 days left to go, and nothing new to report. :(

So now I know the guest list won't be published until the day before per reading one of the latest posts on here, and that the Catholic Royal Family of Spain won't be in attendance for some reason? Perhaps the King is dying? Hope not.

And that's it. Hmmm, going from memory, the following *will* be there:

1.) The entire SRF ~ King Carl Gustav, Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria & hubby Prince Daniel, Madeline & her brother (sorry, forgot his name, oops now I remember, Carl Philip)
2.) Edward & Sophie representing the BRF
3.) Belgium Royal Family ~ four
4.) Andrea Bocelli ~ singing! :heart:
5.) couple of Charlene's swimming friends
6.) Olympians?

Sorry, forgot who else, little down because I was hoping for more info. and for more names. :(

Btw, for the poster whom asked up above, no bridemaids, rather children from in & around Monaco. However, I read in Vogue magazine that Charlene will have two matrons of honor ~ a designer & the wife of Albert's first cousin's son. :)

I was hoping some of the younger royals would be invited also, and that there would be some pairings perhaps. Lol, wishful thinking on my part, as I expect everybody that has a significant other to marry that long-time lover, as has been the case everywhere else. Gone are the days of chance meetings, old-fashioned romance. I have resigned myself to just enjoy the wedding and don't expect anything, thus I won't be disappointed. :)

3 DAYS TO GO! YES! :cheers:

I suppose that could be it......:ermm:

But couldn't one of the Infantas attend so at least someone from the SRF is there?
The two families are known to be friendly, and as someone else pointed out both Catholic(monarchy and Principality)

The entire thing sounds suspect.

According to the Vocento group newspapers, the reason may be an incident that happened in 2005, in the IOC session where Madrid was competing to get the 2012 Olympics. Prince Albert questioned Spain's security against terrorism after Madrid's presentation, and that didn't go well with the Spanish media and public. Prince Albert's popularity in Spain suffered, as that incident is still remembered.

The Spanish royals are all into Olympics, sailing etc., just like PA.

Surely this is not in keeping with the Olympic spirit ??

In the meantime, Juan Carlos and PA would have met at the Swedish wedding....

for the people who want to watch the religouis wedding, they can see it on the site of the palace, it is announced on the site of the palace, there is already the place where to see .it is official

According to the Vocento group newspapers, the reason may be an incident that happened in 2005, in the IOC session where Madrid was competing to get the 2012 Olympics. Prince Albert questioned Spain's security against terrorism after Madrid's presentation, and that didn't go well with the Spanish media and public. Prince Albert's popularity in Spain suffered, as that incident is still remembered.

This is correct, Sofia went to Singpore hoping they would get the games but was upset about Albert siding with Paris (London made it the end) but hey, that's politics. Sofia is far too professional to make a personal thing out of that incident.

Albert paid a visit to Zarzuela in June 2008 where everyone was very warm and friendly.
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/81...6679DBD6C46C06085B00A4979EF4B2E9980AD7B49AA87

King Juan Carlos and Prince Albert did not meet because the king Juan Carlos was missing, Queen Sophia was alone with her chidren.
For me no matter they are missing, there are other members of other royal families

This is correct, Sofia went to Singpore hoping they would get the games but was upset about Albert siding with Paris (London made it the end) but hey, that's politics. Sofia is far too professional to make a personal thing out of that incident.

Albert paid a visit to Zarzuela in June 2008 where everyone was very warm and friendly.
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/81...6679DBD6C46C06085B00A4979EF4B2E9980AD7B49AA87

What was taken badly by the Spanish media is that he used such a sensitive issue against Madrid when the other competing cities have suffered terrorism too. Relationship with the Spanish royals may not be bad but Prince Albert remains not very popular with Spanish media.

What was taken badly by the Spanish media is that he used such a sensitive issue against Madrid when the other competing cities have suffered terrorism too. Relationship with the Spanish royals may not be bad but Prince Albert remains not very popular with Spanish media.

but if you see it like this, why attending William's wedding then with the Gibraltar dispute in mind that was even brought up by Charles during his visit to Spain a couple of weeks prior to the wedding.

I cant imgagine that bearing a grudge because of the Olympic issue is the reason for possibly not attending AT ALL (the SRF has a lot of members).

but if you see it like this, why attending William's wedding then with the Gibraltar dispute in mind that was even brought up by Charles during his visit to Spain a couple of weeks prior to the wedding.

Well, the Gibraltar is an old issue which is not really a very relevant issue in most Spaniards mind, and it is not directly related to the current British royals. Considering William and Kate were not to start their honeymoon in Gibraltar or anything like that, there was no need to make any statement with the attendance.

Prince Albert's IOC question, rightly or wrongly, was seen as a attack to Spain from his persona. If the SRF is a PR move towards the Spanish people, given the current socio-economic climate, etc., that incident and the feelings toward PA can be a factor too, cause they would have not skipped the British wedding in a similar climate.

According to the French magazine : l'Express.fr dated today (which can't be qualified as a gossip magazine), there is a problem for the wedding. Charlene is said to have wanted to fly to South Africa last week and to cancel the wedding. If this is true, what a shock !!!!
I hope I have the right to cite this news here. If it's against the rule, please feel free to delete.

Posting a link to the article from 'L'Express' would be rather helpful.

Thank you very much!
This is interesting since "L'Express" is indeed a regular newspaper, in contrast to a gossip rag which would far more likely fabricate a story like this one.

I was about to post it. The article says that Charlene learned something which disturbed her a lot and that she was already at Nice airport to take a plane for South Africa when she was "caught" and came back to the palace. Still according to l'Express, a newspaper has all the details of the story Charlene learnt.

I was about to post it. The article says that Charlene learned something which disturbed her a lot and that she was already at Nice airport to take a plane for South Africa when she was "caught" and came back to the palace. Still according to l'Express, a newspaper has all the details of the story Charlene learnt.

The newspaper is Bubte if some of our German members can find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom