Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States
Please note that the name of this thread has been changed to the Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions and Musings thread.

You may use this thread to discuss a variety of issues that relate to the wedding: the dress for Charlene, the jewlery, music, attendants, etc.

A separate Pre wedding thread will be opened when a date is set and the Monaco Royal House starts releasing official news regarding the wedding.

We won't, however, be discussing the presence of Jazmin and Alexandre at the wedding or Albert's relationship with his children.

You may not use this thread to BASH Albert and/or Charlene or to discuss their relationships. Any posts that do that will be deleted without notice.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact any of the Monaco moderators and/or TRF administrators.

Zonk & Iceflower
Monaco Moderators

Last edited:
Who will design the wedding dress for Charlene? I would say Giorgio Armani

Of course, Caroline, Charlotte and Alexandra will be dressed by Chanel

or what about versace or oscar de la renta , carolina herrera or vera wang

Oh yeah and btw Stephanie will be there as well ... anyone remeber her ? She's the other sis Al has ...

Of course we remenber her. But eveningwears is not her passion!

IMO she will be dressed by Jicky, I never liked it, so I prefer not to think about her dress.

I thought Charlene had a thing for Armani so I would guess he would design her dress. I think we'll definately see some Chanel on the family as well though.

wonder what the color scheme for the wedding will be ...i guess since the wedding will be in the winter time ( my guessing)

Well, that's too soon to guess about the dress but i would go for Armani. She wears Armani, i think!
Do you know who dresses Steph?
I hope i see her children. They rarely make an appearance but i want to see them! Don't forget that they also belong to the Monaco family!

I really hope it will be Armani.
Did he ever make a wedding dress for a royal/princely wedding?

And I'm hoping she will wear one of Princess Charlotte's tiara's.

Maybe Armani, she wears Armani a lot. And I think a dress by that designer would fit her very well.
Caroline and Charlotte: Chanel. It's almost sure. Well, Caroline wore another designer dress in the last Bal de la Rose. But Charlotte wore Chanel.
Stephanie could go in an Armani too. She would look lovely. And i have no idea for Pauline, neither for Alexandra or Camille.

Monaco is very much like Hollywood -- very glamorous, very chic. So unlike other recent royal brides, I would expect her to be wearing a dress from a couture house. More than likely Armani or Chanel. Although I would like to see what someone like Valentino or Badgley Mischka could do for her.

I would love to see what she chooses.
I think for her I'd pick Oscar De La Renta.
I love him and one can't go wrong De La Renta

^That's another reason to think that this engagement is a little odd. It was something so unexpected, the official photo is sort of odd too. I don't know, i hope i'm wrong about this.

Why they didn't set a date?

No royal EVER releases the date the same day the engagement is announced, Victoria didn't do it Nikolaos didn't do it, None of the British royals did it, they all wait a while before announcing the date.

Since they're so close to France, she has all the best designers at her doorstep! She seems to favor Armani so she might choose it, just like Victoria Wore a lot of the guy (forgot his name) who designed her dress before her engagement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why they didn't set a date?

Because protocol dictates they wait at least 6 months from the date of the engagement to get married, so the chances of them knowing exactly when they want to/can get married are slight right now. We didn't know when Victoria and Daniel's wedding was until months after their engagement was announced. Same with literally every other royal that has gotten married within maybe the last 20 years. When Jane Doe and John Q. Public get engaged, do they immediately set a date? No, they don't.

I love how people assume this means something's wrong. Good God, people.

Because protocol dictates they wait at least 6 months from the date of the engagement to get married, so the chances of them knowing exactly when they want to/can get married are slight right now. We didn't know when Victoria and Daniel's wedding was until months after their engagement was announced. Same with literally every other royal that has gotten married within maybe the last 20 years. When Jane Doe and John Q. Public get engaged, do they immediately set a date? No, they don't.

I love how people assume this means something's wrong. Good God, people.

So true. No royal couple (at least the ones I have watched) has had a wedding date picked out when they announced their engagement. When all my friends have announced that they are engaged never has one had a wedding date picked out right then and there.

I can understand being critical but some here are expressing irrational anger towards this couple. They are not even my favorite couple but I feel like defending them b/c of the misinformed views.

Why is it protocol that they wait 6 months?

I think Charlene will have to look at sketches and designers high and low to get the definitive wedding gown for herself. It may very well be Armani- whose designs suit her very well- or something that is by an unknown designer that she discovers.If I get up enough energy to make enquiries first as to whether my designs would be welcome and considered I may send over some of my sketches I have for various wedding confections I have designed myself as I was once designing for a bridal consulting firm.Various textiles have to be seen and tried and she has to be photographed in each to see which one suits her best along with each shade of white etc.
We know Caro and thagang will bein Chanel but what will Charlene's mom be dressed in? She needs a designer too.along with her grand mother.and I wonder if she wil have attendants or bridesmaids as we call them here in North America.

Prince Rainier and Grace Kelly got engaged on January 5, 1956 and got married 3 months later on April 18. Maybe Prince Albert and Charlene will tie the knot on September?

Prince Albert gave an interview in the french newspaper Nice Matin this morning and it said that the wedding would be next summer!

My goodness...an entire year to wait for the wedding? I know that this year is too short notice with all the other Royal weddings scheduled for this year, but..oh well.

This should put to rest any speculation about a shotgun wedding due to pregnancy. :whistling:

Charlene has been quoted as saying Monsieur Armani and his team know what suits her and I could not agree more...she has not seemed to put a foot wrong wardrobe wise since he has starting dressing her.

Why mess with success? I say stick with what works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom