The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I hope you are right about the tiaras!
Has the dress code been published somewhere? I wouldn't be surprised if the dress code will be black tie, meaning no tiaras . But since the wedding is late afternoon, it should be with at least nice gowns and some stunning jewellery.
The wedding itself is dresses and hats for the ladies and morning suit or uniform for the men but for the dinner and ball i think we will have at last black tie.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 06-12-2011, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The wedding itself is dresses and hats for the ladies and morning suit or uniform for the men but for the dinner and ball i think we will have at last black tie.
Thank you, Stefan. I hope to see at least Charlene with a tiara, althought it's not a tradition in Monaco.

Old 06-12-2011, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thank you, Stefan. I hope to see at least Charlene with a tiara, althought it's not a tradition in Monaco.
I hope it too and i still hope the Ball is white tie. But on the Royal Jewels MB someone said that thee is an exhibition about Princess Grace somewhere and there the fringe tiara, the diamond and pearl tiara and also 2 or 3 of Grace's tiara are on display. So not too much hope or they take them all out for the Wedding.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 06-12-2011, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I hope it too and i still hope the Ball is white tie. But on the Royal Jewels MB someone said that thee is an exhibition about Princess Grace somewhere and there the fringe tiara, the diamond and pearl tiara and also 2 or 3 of Grace's tiara are on display. So not too much hope or they take them all out for the Wedding.
So much for my dream of seeing bride Charlene with the pearl drop tiara, Caroline with the fringe, Stephanie with the ruby tiara and Charlotte with Princess Grace's diamond tiara! It was a vain hope anyway. Maybe they left out one of Grace's tiaras out of the exhibition? But to me it would be strange to have one more of these Monaco white tie events (like Prince Albert's investiture) where foreign royals wear tiaras, while Albert's sisters don't.
Old 06-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
So much for my dream of seeing bride Charlene with the pearl drop tiara, Caroline with the fringe, Stephanie with the ruby tiara and Charlotte with Princess Grace's diamond tiara! It was a vain hope anyway. Maybe they left out one of Grace's tiaras out of the exhibition? But to me it would be strange to have one more of these Monaco white tie events (like Prince Albert's investiture) where foreign royals wear tiaras, while Albert's sisters don't.
Yes that would be really strange. And i doubt Caroline would wear one of the Hannover tiaras now.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 06-12-2011, 04:16 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
there will be a guests list soon, we knew only the official guests list of William and Kate a week before the weddinf. For Monaco, it was said that the guests list will be published in the two last weeks. We know that the swedish royal family will be there, king and the queen of Belgium, the crown prince couple of Netherlands, the crown couple of Denmark, the family of Norway will be there. We will perhaps the further week. We know that there will be many royal families by the minister of security
Will Philippe and Mathilde also attend?
I hope so
Old 06-12-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanievl

Will Philippe and Mathilde also attend?
I hope so
Wonder if Catherine and William will attend and then start their tour of Canada?
Old 06-12-2011, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yes that would be really strange. And i doubt Caroline would wear one of the Hannover tiaras now.
If I were Caroline, I wouldn't ever touch a piece of Hannover jewellery again. Also it would be strange if Caroline wears a tiara while Stephanie doesn't. After all they are both Albert's sister, and from the wedding onwards Caroline won't be the first lady anymore.
Old 06-12-2011, 04:54 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
You know that for definete? A danish poster said that they were unsure about M&Fs attendance.
i just reacted to the post i see... i wish m&f attend the wedding, but i think you are right. the article talks about it as a speculation...
Old 06-13-2011, 06:06 AM
Heir Apparent

As far as I know, the Grace Kelly Years exhibition has been in Sao Paulo (Brasil) since May 4th - 5th when Albert attended the event.

Far fetched perhaps, but he had the opportunity to "borrow" some items for the wedding ??
Old 06-13-2011, 06:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Tracey-Jane View Post
Wonder if Catherine and William will attend and then start their tour of Canada?
I expect it will be the Earl and Countess of Wessex; they seem to turn up at all the weddings.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:35 AM
Nobility

Quote:
If I were Caroline, I wouldn't ever touch a piece of Hannover jewellery again. Also it would be strange if Caroline wears a tiara while Stephanie doesn't. After all they are both Albert's sister, and from the wedding onwards Caroline won't be the first lady anymore.
I think we can be happy if we see a tiara at the bride - but since it is a morning wedding (at least I thougth so), definitely no tiaras - just hats - unfortunately...

oops - I think I just repeated here some comments above...
Old 06-13-2011, 06:36 AM
Heir Apparent

The Queen seems to always send the Wessexes to less important events..... but, we never know.... it might be C & C instead.....

From the Le Mariage de Monaco FACEBOOK site:

By appointment to the Court of Monaco....

Ladurée, Fabricant de Douceurs depuis 1862

Ladurée - BIENVENUE | Facebook
Old 06-13-2011, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

William & Catherine will be in the middle of their tour to Canada & the States, therefore they wont be attending.

Canada June 30 - July 8
State July 8 -10
Old 06-13-2011, 08:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Countess felicitas, the religious ceremony will be at monaco (europa hours at 5 p.m and not on the morning, the dress is dress and hats for the women and costum for men, after they could go to the hotels which are not far for the palace to change and wear long dress and uniform or gala suits for men and tiaras for women, princess Stephanie and princess caroline have tiaras from their mother.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
The Queen seems to always send the Wessexes to less important events..... but, we never know.... it might be C & C instead.....
I hope so as this is the Wedding of a Head of State,Monaco might only be a Principality but HSH is still a Monarch none the less.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I hope so as this is the Wedding of a Head of State,Monaco might only be a Principality but HSH is still a Monarch none the less.
Queen Elizabeth didn't feel Rainier and Graces wedding was worthy of her attendance and never seen where she sent anyone else. I would like to see Charles and Camilla attend however, I expect it will be the Wessexes.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:30 AM
Heir Apparent

I am pretty certain C&C will not be attending and it will be the Wessexes. They attended PA's Enthronement ceremonies, and CW has gone on record as saying that she has become good friends with Sophie Wessex.

The Wessexes are also closer to PA and CW's age group than Charles and Camilla.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I am pretty certain C&C will not be attending and it will be the Wessexes. They attended PA's Enthronement ceremonies, and CW has gone on record as saying that she has become good friends with Sophie Wessex.

The Wessexes are also closer to PA and CW's age group than Charles and Camilla.
That's true!
Old 06-13-2011, 10:47 AM
Heir Apparent

CW is the same age group as Sophie, but one can't say the same about PA :-))

If anyone wants to ask Edward and Sophie whether they will attend the wedding, here's the address:

Their Royal Highnesses The Earl and Countess of Wessex
Bagshot Park, Bagshot, Surrey GU19 5PL
Tel +44 (0)20 7930 4832.