The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1861  
Old 06-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 2,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I hope you are right about the tiaras!
Has the dress code been published somewhere? I wouldn't be surprised if the dress code will be black tie, meaning no tiaras . But since the wedding is late afternoon, it should be with at least nice gowns and some stunning jewellery.
The wedding itself is dresses and hats for the ladies and morning suit or uniform for the men but for the dinner and ball i think we will have at last black tie.
__________________

__________________
Stefan

Royal Travel and Events

  #1862  
Old 06-12-2011, 12:49 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The wedding itself is dresses and hats for the ladies and morning suit or uniform for the men but for the dinner and ball i think we will have at last black tie.
Thank you, Stefan. I hope to see at least Charlene with a tiara, althought it's not a tradition in Monaco.
__________________

__________________
  #1863  
Old 06-12-2011, 03:27 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 2,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Thank you, Stefan. I hope to see at least Charlene with a tiara, althought it's not a tradition in Monaco.
I hope it too and i still hope the Ball is white tie. But on the Royal Jewels MB someone said that thee is an exhibition about Princess Grace somewhere and there the fringe tiara, the diamond and pearl tiara and also 2 or 3 of Grace's tiara are on display. So not too much hope or they take them all out for the Wedding.
__________________
Stefan

Royal Travel and Events

  #1864  
Old 06-12-2011, 03:56 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I hope it too and i still hope the Ball is white tie. But on the Royal Jewels MB someone said that thee is an exhibition about Princess Grace somewhere and there the fringe tiara, the diamond and pearl tiara and also 2 or 3 of Grace's tiara are on display. So not too much hope or they take them all out for the Wedding.
So much for my dream of seeing bride Charlene with the pearl drop tiara, Caroline with the fringe, Stephanie with the ruby tiara and Charlotte with Princess Grace's diamond tiara! It was a vain hope anyway. Maybe they left out one of Grace's tiaras out of the exhibition? But to me it would be strange to have one more of these Monaco white tie events (like Prince Albert's investiture) where foreign royals wear tiaras, while Albert's sisters don't.
__________________
  #1865  
Old 06-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 2,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
So much for my dream of seeing bride Charlene with the pearl drop tiara, Caroline with the fringe, Stephanie with the ruby tiara and Charlotte with Princess Grace's diamond tiara! It was a vain hope anyway. Maybe they left out one of Grace's tiaras out of the exhibition? But to me it would be strange to have one more of these Monaco white tie events (like Prince Albert's investiture) where foreign royals wear tiaras, while Albert's sisters don't.
Yes that would be really strange. And i doubt Caroline would wear one of the Hannover tiaras now.
__________________
Stefan

Royal Travel and Events

  #1866  
Old 06-12-2011, 04:16 PM
stephanievl's Avatar
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: n/a, Belgium
Posts: 3,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
there will be a guests list soon, we knew only the official guests list of William and Kate a week before the weddinf. For Monaco, it was said that the guests list will be published in the two last weeks. We know that the swedish royal family will be there, king and the queen of Belgium, the crown prince couple of Netherlands, the crown couple of Denmark, the family of Norway will be there. We will perhaps the further week. We know that there will be many royal families by the minister of security
Will Philippe and Mathilde also attend?
I hope so
__________________
  #1867  
Old 06-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanievl

Will Philippe and Mathilde also attend?
I hope so
Wonder if Catherine and William will attend and then start their tour of Canada?
__________________
  #1868  
Old 06-12-2011, 04:42 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Yes that would be really strange. And i doubt Caroline would wear one of the Hannover tiaras now.
If I were Caroline, I wouldn't ever touch a piece of Hannover jewellery again. Also it would be strange if Caroline wears a tiara while Stephanie doesn't. After all they are both Albert's sister, and from the wedding onwards Caroline won't be the first lady anymore.
__________________
  #1869  
Old 06-12-2011, 04:54 PM
missMaryanne's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
You know that for definete? A danish poster said that they were unsure about M&Fs attendance.
i just reacted to the post i see... i wish m&f attend the wedding, but i think you are right. the article talks about it as a speculation...
__________________
"You're a wonderful person. I'm proud of being the partner of your life".-CP Haakon of Norway
  #1870  
Old 06-13-2011, 06:06 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,500
As far as I know, the Grace Kelly Years exhibition has been in Sao Paulo (Brasil) since May 4th - 5th when Albert attended the event.

Far fetched perhaps, but he had the opportunity to "borrow" some items for the wedding ??
__________________
  #1871  
Old 06-13-2011, 06:30 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 2,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Tracey-Jane View Post
Wonder if Catherine and William will attend and then start their tour of Canada?
I expect it will be the Earl and Countess of Wessex; they seem to turn up at all the weddings.
__________________
  #1872  
Old 06-13-2011, 06:35 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: salzburg, Austria
Posts: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
If I were Caroline, I wouldn't ever touch a piece of Hannover jewellery again. Also it would be strange if Caroline wears a tiara while Stephanie doesn't. After all they are both Albert's sister, and from the wedding onwards Caroline won't be the first lady anymore.
I think we can be happy if we see a tiara at the bride - but since it is a morning wedding (at least I thougth so), definitely no tiaras - just hats - unfortunately...

oops - I think I just repeated here some comments above...
__________________
  #1873  
Old 06-13-2011, 06:36 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,500
The Queen seems to always send the Wessexes to less important events..... but, we never know.... it might be C & C instead.....

From the Le Mariage de Monaco FACEBOOK site:

By appointment to the Court of Monaco....

Ladurée, Fabricant de Douceurs depuis 1862

Ladurée - BIENVENUE | Facebook
__________________
  #1874  
Old 06-13-2011, 06:42 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 18,856
William & Catherine will be in the middle of their tour to Canada & the States, therefore they wont be attending.

Canada June 30 - July 8
State July 8 -10
  #1875  
Old 06-13-2011, 08:12 AM
melina premiere's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sassenage, France
Posts: 2,066
Countess felicitas, the religious ceremony will be at monaco (europa hours at 5 p.m and not on the morning, the dress is dress and hats for the women and costum for men, after they could go to the hotels which are not far for the palace to change and wear long dress and uniform or gala suits for men and tiaras for women, princess Stephanie and princess caroline have tiaras from their mother.
__________________
  #1876  
Old 06-13-2011, 09:31 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Westmeath, Ireland
Posts: 9,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
The Queen seems to always send the Wessexes to less important events..... but, we never know.... it might be C & C instead.....
I hope so as this is the Wedding of a Head of State,Monaco might only be a Principality but HSH is still a Monarch none the less.
__________________
  #1877  
Old 06-13-2011, 10:11 AM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I hope so as this is the Wedding of a Head of State,Monaco might only be a Principality but HSH is still a Monarch none the less.
Queen Elizabeth didn't feel Rainier and Graces wedding was worthy of her attendance and never seen where she sent anyone else. I would like to see Charles and Camilla attend however, I expect it will be the Wessexes.
__________________
  #1878  
Old 06-13-2011, 10:30 AM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 4,911
I am pretty certain C&C will not be attending and it will be the Wessexes. They attended PA's Enthronement ceremonies, and CW has gone on record as saying that she has become good friends with Sophie Wessex.

The Wessexes are also closer to PA and CW's age group than Charles and Camilla.
__________________
  #1879  
Old 06-13-2011, 10:41 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Westmeath, Ireland
Posts: 9,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I am pretty certain C&C will not be attending and it will be the Wessexes. They attended PA's Enthronement ceremonies, and CW has gone on record as saying that she has become good friends with Sophie Wessex.

The Wessexes are also closer to PA and CW's age group than Charles and Camilla.
That's true!
__________________
  #1880  
Old 06-13-2011, 10:47 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,500
CW is the same age group as Sophie, but one can't say the same about PA :-))

If anyone wants to ask Edward and Sophie whether they will attend the wedding, here's the address:

Their Royal Highnesses The Earl and Countess of Wessex
Bagshot Park, Bagshot, Surrey GU19 5PL
Tel +44 (0)20 7930 4832.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Albert and Princess Charlene's Relationship - Part 2 iceflower Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family 1811 07-15-2014 02:53 AM
Pre Wedding Information for Prince Albert II of Monaco and Miss Charlene Wittstock Zonk Wedding of HSH Prince Albert II and Miss Charlene Wittstock, 1-2 July 2011 12 11-07-2011 06:28 PM
Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock Current Events - Part 5: June 2010 - June 2011 iceflower Current Events Archive 808 07-01-2011 12:06 PM
Catherine Middleton Wedding Dress suggestions and musings Catherine Helvin Prince William and Catherine Middleton - The Royal Wedding, 29 April 2011 562 04-29-2011 05:52 AM
Catherine Middleton Wedding Tiara suggestions and musings Duchessmary Prince William and Catherine Middleton - The Royal Wedding, 29 April 2011 1392 04-29-2011 05:52 AM




Popular Tags
belgium brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy germany grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven poland president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince daniel prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen fabiola queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:57 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]