The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think she has to leave her bouquet in the St Devote church, i read it here (i think)

Old 04-07-2011, 08:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

No in the south of France and in Monaco also, the bride uses to offer her flowersbranch to the patron of the town Sainte Devote for Monaco or she offers her bouquet to the virgin in the cathedral .I offered my bouquet at the Virgin when I married. In the other parts of France the bride keeps her bouquet at home . The bride does not tosses it in air for singles ladies, I think it is in USA she makes this.

Old 04-07-2011, 09:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5
I've been reading that after the wedding ceremony Charlene has to leave her bouquet behind...is that a tradition? Usually the bride tosses it in the air for single ladies to catch but this happens after the reception around the time when the wedding is wrapping up.
In Spain Letitiza left it on church steps per tradition and in England I believe Diana, the Queen, and Kate (will take) took it and placed at the Tomb of the Unknown Solider....many traditions in many countries :)
Old 04-07-2011, 09:31 PM
Serene Highness

Letizia also offered it to the Patron saint, but not of the town, but of the Royal family. I think Diana didn't send it to the tomb of the unknown soldier because she didn't marry int eh Abbey, but I may be wrong. I'm sure Kate will send hers there. In Catholic Weddings the bride will offer a bouquet to the Patron Saint or the virgin, and sometimes have a 2nd bouquet to walk out of the church with.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc93
Letizia also offered it to the Patron saint, but not of the town, but of the Royal family. I think Diana didn't send it to the tomb of the unknown soldier because she didn't marry int eh Abbey, but I may be wrong. I'm sure Kate will send hers there. In Catholic Weddings the bride will offer a bouquet to the Patron Saint or the virgin, and sometimes have a 2nd bouquet to walk out of the church with.
Ah thank you for the right info :)
Old 04-08-2011, 01:58 AM
Nobility

Ok will Charlene wear Princess Grace's tiaras when she becomes Princess? :))
Old 04-08-2011, 02:18 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

The weeding programma has been announced on the website
Mariage Princier
Old 04-08-2011, 11:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh, just reading it gives me happy shivers!

Fireworks, balcony appearances, corteges along the boulevards of the Principality...I CAN'T WAIT FOR
THIS WEDDING!!

I read that there will be giant screens to all along the route recording the entire thing, but I hope I will be able to watch live from my computer!
Old 04-08-2011, 11:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Ah thank you for the right info :)
Diana's bouquet was laid at the Tomb of the Unknowns, but after all the photographs had been made.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

All the ceremonies civil and religious, the balcony on friday july the 1th and the cocktail of the natives monegash people, the religious wedding the cortege to Sainte devote will be boardcasted by many tv, german italy, spain and so, I don not know if the tv of usa will boardcast but you could watch all also the concert of Jean Michel Jarre and the big firework on the site 'Monaco info on line' . I know that the Tv of USA will boardcast the wedding of prince William and Kate
Old 04-08-2011, 12:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Hi melina-premiere, I know that all the major channels will broadcast William/Kate and I plan to watch because I love Royal weddings.

But I would MUCH RATHER see the Monagasque wedding than William/Kate, if I had a choice!
Old 04-08-2011, 03:28 PM
Courtier

Update: Crown Prince Ernst August of Hanover has moved back into his princely residence (see below):

Google Translate

The article mentions that he has only stayed there on two other occasions ~ during the World Expo ~ and for the 2005 Funeral of Prince Rainier.

This makes me think he may be attending the Royal Wedding of Prince Albert to Miss Charlene Wittstock? If so, I am beyond pleased, it will mean the whole family will be there, including maybe his younger brother Christian?

I know from reading past articles and seeing pics that the entire family is very close-knit, even now despite the estrangement of their stepmother and father, so I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them there.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Heir Apparent

In almost all European countries, there is a choice:

1) To get married in church AND have a civil wedding.

2) To have a civil wedding only.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Nadine, I'm not sure what the article may have to do with the coming marriage
in Monaco, I don't see any connections there.

The article says that Prince Ernst August's son Ernst August junior plans to
to use the family's palace privately, as a second residence, and that there
won't be any more public events organized there.

It doesn't say that he only stayed there twice, but that Prince Rainier once
stayed overnight when he, Caroline and Ernst August visited the Expo in 2005.

Bad google translation and no hint of possible guests for the wedding.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks to everyone for the info on the bridal bouquet. I've never heard of leaving it at the church, etc. But I do think it's better than tossing it in the air for single ladies!
Old 04-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Courtier

Yikes, my bad, thanks for the correction, iceflower. :)

Still, I have hope he will show up with his brother, since they both were present at Rainier's funeral. One can hope *crossing fingers*. (:^)
Old 04-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711
In almost all European countries, there is a choice:

1) To get married in church AND have a civil wedding.

2) To have a civil wedding only.
You can't just get married in a church?
Old 04-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Thanks to everyone for the info on the bridal bouquet. I've never heard of leaving it at the church, etc. But I do think it's better than tossing it in the air for single ladies!
LOL! Same here! I have been to some weddings where you would not believe how physical and downright AGGRESSIVE the ladies became when it was time to catch the bouquet!

The idea of leaving it at a church or even donating it to a hospital is more to my taste by far!
Old 04-08-2011, 08:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

In France you must have a civil wedding before the religious wedding, if you marry only with a religious service, your wedding is not recognized by the law, it is as you are not married, it is the same law in Monaco. the civil wedding is recognized by the law.If a couple wants marry, he must have first the civil wedding after he must have the religious wedding.(Catholic , protestant, muslin and so.. no matter but first the civil wedding, I think it is the same law in Belgium as in France and Monaco
Old 04-09-2011, 10:18 PM
Serene Highness

I've seen people crying over the bouquet and then the bride taking it and letting no one have it! Women can be so vicious towards each other!!