The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 03:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
Suggestion for the bouquet: Just red roses. Together with her white dress they make the colours of Monaco. And roses where her mother in law's favourite flowers.
I read Graces favorite flower was lilacs and her wedding flowers included white lilacs, hydrangea, lilies, and snapdragons, no roses. Maybe roses came later in life.

Old 02-23-2011, 04:20 PM
Courtier

I only read about the roses, but I don't know in what stage of her life they were her favourites.
There's also a rose garden in Monaco named after Grace.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:16 PM
Aristocracy

What I've read from a biography -- not from an official press release or a direct quote from Princess Grace -- is that Grace's favorite flower is pink roses, and that's why those were the flowers on her coffin during the funeral mass. There were four small bouquets of pink roses on her coffin that represent the four members of her family.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes there are red roses which are named Princess grace's roses, they are very beautiful I had in my garden, but I doubt that there will be red roses in the brunch because it is not usual for a bride to have a bride brunch with red colors and it is annonced that the white will be the color of the wedding, but I think it would be a good idea.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
Yes there are red roses which are named Princess grace's roses, they are very beautiful I had in my garden, but I doubt that there will be red roses in the brunch because it is not usual for a bride to have a bride brunch with red colors and it is annonced that the white will be the color of the wedding, but I think it would be a good idea.

Perhaps she'll mix a few of the roses with white flowers; that will look pretty and won't be such a harsh contrast.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I only read about the roses, but I don't know in what stage of her life they were her favourites.
There's also a rose garden in Monaco named after Grace.
Yes, I know I use to use it for my avatar. It is beautiful.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

People have argued two points about the wedding. Can the wedding be outside the Church and has Charlene converted to Catholicism. Below is the answer to both. Another error on Charlene's Wikipedia page she apparently has not. I received the translation from someone who is French since it makes more sense than the translator of the article.

MB is Monsignor Bernard Barsi, Archbishop of Monaco who I would say is a reliable source then all the others out there as to her status.

Quote:
M.H. : Prince Albert decided to get married outside of the cathedral. So it's not mandatory to marry in a church?
M.B. : Getting married at the cathedral isn't an obligation for a prince, very few have except Rainier. If Albert II chose the Palace of Monaco 'place', it is to allow access to as many Monegasque people as possible.

M.H. : According to you, will the future Princess Charlene need to convert?
M.G. : No, she's free to decide. We are not in the 'allowed or prohibited' spirit!
It was officially announced there will be 3,500 invited guests. Source
Old 02-25-2011, 02:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

It is what the prince saying about the interview which was on july, He said there was no rule for a sovereigne consort to be catholic, he also added that this will be things that they will see later and for the wedding all the catholic people know that a wedding can be take place in open air.
I recall the seconf wife of prince Albert I of Monaco and mother of Prince Louis II of Monaco was protestant and stayed all her life.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh, how nice. She doesn't even convert to catholicisim. Ok...
I guess she will sign a document where she states that she will raise her possible future children catholic.
A wedding sugestion: Charlene, convert!
Old 02-25-2011, 04:10 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
People have argued two points about the wedding. Can the wedding be outside the Church and has Charlene converted to Catholicism. Below is the answer to both. Another error on Charlene's Wikipedia page she apparently has not. I received the translation from someone who is French since it makes more sense than the translator of the article.

MB is Monsignor Bernard Barsi, Archbishop of Monaco who I would say is a reliable source then all the others out there as to her status.

It was officially announced there will be 3,500 invited guests.
Source
I have posted information about it here.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ock-28070.html Your source has taken the information of the official website of the palace of Monaco Palais de S.A.S. le Prince de Monaco - Informations médias i.e. The doors of the palace will remain open to allow about 3,500 people to attend, sitting at the ceremony broadcast on giant screens.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:46 PM
Commoner

From 4000 to 3500
From "she is converting" to " it is not necessary for CW to convert"
all the date changes
and now the "rating" of our "beloved" going drasticly down

PR Team, would it not been preferable to keep quiet and the release details as the weddings dates were approaching?

I did say weedings with an s because there is the civil and the religious, what ever religion will be use if any, ceremony
Old 02-25-2011, 07:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
Oh, how nice. She doesn't even convert to catholicisim. Ok...
I guess she will sign a document where she states that she will raise her possible future children catholic.
A wedding sugestion: Charlene, convert!
No one said she hasn't or will not convert. The Archbishop was simply asked if it was necessary to convert and he said no.

There is a difference between what is required and what one may do or may already have done willingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofiero View Post
I have posted information about it here.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ock-28070.html Your source has taken the information of the official website of the palace of Monaco Palais de S.A.S. le Prince de Monaco - Informations médias i.e. The doors of the palace will remain open to allow about 3,500 people to attend, sitting at the ceremony broadcast on giant screens.
3500 guests......I bet they are failing to differentiate between the official wedding guests inside the courtyard and the Monagasque citizens who will be able to be seated in the plaza in front of the palace and watch on big screen tv's.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:46 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Suggestion for the bouquet: Just red roses. Together with her white dress they make the colours of Monaco. And roses where her mother in law's favourite flowers.
Who cares honestly if they were Grace's favorite? This is Charlene's wedding, not Grace's, they should be her favorite. It is like people suggesting Charlene should wear Grace's dress, which was ridiculous even if she could fit it. Charlene is her own person, and is already being compared too much to Grace. If roses are her favorite, and her choice, that is one thing, but they shouldn't be chosen simply because of Grace.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:01 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelilies View Post
From 4000 to 3500
From "she is converting" to " it is not necessary for CW to convert"
all the date changes
and now the "rating" of our "beloved" going drasticly down

PR Team, would it not been preferable to keep quiet and the release details as the weddings dates were approaching?

I did say weedings with an s because there is the civil and the religious, what ever religion will be use if any, ceremony
Is there any reason CW cannot and will not convert? It is almost bizarre to want to reign over the Catholic Monaco and not share the religion that Rainier stipulated should be Catholic through and through.I am lost here as this scenario keeps changing again and again.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

The scenario did not change, there will be a civil wedding and a religiuos ceremony;
For the religious, it will be like the wedding of others persons who are catholic and protestant, the only thing who is asked for any protestant person to a catholic person.,is to grew up the children in the religious catholic. There is no rule that the consort sovereigh convert to the catholic religion. There were many persons later in the princely family who were protestant as the husband of Princess Caroline who is the heir of Monaco and he stayed protestant and he was not asked to convert at the time of the wedding with the Princess. Princess Alexandra of Hanover is protestant and she is on the list of sucession after her sister Charlotte and before Stephanie.
Charlene Wittstock was present at the mass of National fest and at the mass of Sainte Devote and she made the sign of cross, she made reverence to the archibishop as mark of respect to the religion. She weared the black mantille as the tradition wants for this mass. It is what the monegash people want. Prince Rainier was very religious, but he asked the annulation of wedding of his daughter Caroline with Junot and I thought there was no reason that this wedding was invlided
Old 02-27-2011, 11:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Is there any reason CW cannot and will not convert? It is almost bizarre to want to reign over the Catholic Monaco and not share the religion that Rainier stipulated should be Catholic through and through.I am lost here as this scenario keeps changing again and again.
I don't think it keeps changing so much as false info keeps being put out there by people who don't know the facts, don't understand what they are reading or just want Charlene to look perfect and don't care they have distorted the truth. Its sad really. Example Wikipedia errors and seeing Turks Charlene swam for and it being a college team but she didn't attend or swim for them, it was a swim club by that name at the college. She suddenly became a college grad and a school teacher when she never finished high school. Everyone should let Charlene be herself, she is human not a Saint don't try to cover the truth because in the end she will be the one who looks bad. Unless that is why they are doing it. The Palace never said she had converted that was the press nor did she say she did in the interview when asked. She clearly said she is a Christian.

People working for the Palace read these boards as does the press they need to get the facts straight. Maybe the documentary being done by m6.fr will get the facts straight.

Jaya it does get confusing with this couple.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

I will have to disagree at certain points, again.
Ernst August is protestant, and he never made the sign cross because he is protestant, and that is how it is supposed to be. He showed at church and stayed there as signal of respect of his wife's religion, but never made sign cross.
Charlene, who is protestant, makes the sign cross, while she should do as Ernst, she shouldn't make it because she doesn't believe in catholic faith. It's like disrepect more like respect what she does.
It's important that she converts, because it's odd that the souvereign who is supposed to represent with his family the official religion of the country, marries a protestant woman. It happens with Maxima and i still don't know if it was the right decision...
Old 02-27-2011, 09:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is the 21st century. People marry people, what their religious beliefs are can remain within themselves, and if there is no prohibition, what is the difference. God loves everyone and if he doesn't care, why are some so intent on seeing the worst, not the best. Maxima is or was Catholic, Willhelm, Protestant, so what. Charlene is showing courtesy, which some, in this Forum, do not respect. That is fine. Opinion is just that opinion, it is not fact. Ernst August, by and large, is a disrespectful man. Hardly a paragon of virtue to emulate.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

IN the short interview who begins in french, Charlene said in french thet she is not protestant nor catholic but chretien and Prince Albert said there is no rule for a sovereign consort to be catholic, that are things they will see later. ON monaco hebdo, there was an interview with Monseigneur Barsi about the religion on Monaco, he speaks about the religions who are in Monaco(catholic but also monegash people who are also protestant or jude he speaks about the lodge of Franc Maconnerie who is also here, he speaks about the oechumenisme and the mass he makes which are oechumenic. And there was only two questions about Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock; first question for the wedding in the open air, he says there is the cathedral but the princes did not marry in it apart Prince Rainier. and so. For Charlene Wittstock, she is free . What would you want the archibishop lie? he is free to say what he wants. There is no rule.There are also monegassh people who are not religious and who marry only in a civil wedding . There are two weddings in Monaco like in france, and the civil wedding is the only one which is recognized, you are really married when you married at this wedding the other is for the religion (catholic, protestant and so. ON the evening of july the first, Charlene Wittstock will be already princess before the men But for the religious people she will be really married with prince Albert on july the second. They will be married before god.It will be a carholic ceremony with sacred arias, we already know the names of the sopranoS. Monegash people were very pleased to see Charlene at the Sainte Devote fest with Prince Albert. The other last years, Albert was alone the sisters and the chidren were not here. They sew the gests of respect of the future princess and for them it is very well and in the newspapers of Monaco there are articles with the Titles 'it is the first Sainte Devote fest with Miss Charlene Wittstock.
Some here speak about the team of Palace like it si the devil as they say what the archibishop of the monaco is not true, and this is a mark of not respect to say that because I am catholic and for me it is very Sad
Old 02-28-2011, 09:25 AM
Aristocracy

Hi Lady MacAlpine, good post!

I agree that things stated officially about Charlene, if later proven wrong, will reflect badly on her. Everyone else involved will not be in the public eye. It has obviously happened on the Palace website where they said she was a school teacher, etc. They are doing her no favors for sure.

Also I was under the impression, as some others here, that CW would have to become catholic. Yet if this is not the case, and it will not ruin things for any
children they may have, I think it is fine. I respect varying religions. It seems to me she is not intensely devoted religious, but more casual about it so it may just not be important to her?