Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be that article. Thanks for clearing it up though Melina! I was worried things got switched up again. Happy to hear everything is on schedule. Very excited! :flowers:

Apparently not. Personally, I find the idea of a civil ceremony and a religious ceremony cumbersome. Why not have "one stop shopping". Especially when there are state churches in Europe?

You can't just get married in a church?

I'm neither, Sofiero. I get pleasure from the interchange of ideas, propositions, musings.... and I don't take the whole process very seriously. It's better that way.

Since there are going to be many members of the Olympic Committee going to PA's wedding, it's possible that Princess Anne and her husband will go.

I loved reading your post because I totally forgot about Princess Anne and her extensive background with equestrianism, even competing at the 1976 Summer Olympic Games, but more importantly being the President of the British Olympic Association! :flowers: And that fits in nicely with Prince Albert being the President of the Monaco Olympic Committee. :)

On that basis alone I think it would be apropos and lovely if she and her husband were able to attend. :)

By that same token, I think it would be equally lovely to have Athina Onassis and her husband, Doda, attend as well, based on the fact that Doda is a two-time Olympic Medalist in equestrianism, as well his wife is a friend of Charlotte Casiraghi, both touring together on the Global Champions Tour. Not to mention Prince Albert was Honorary President of the Jumping International de Monte Carlo until his niece, Charlotte, took over this past year, and who will also now be editor of GCT's new magazine. :) And to go even farther back, Athina's grandfather, Aristotle Onassis, attended Rainier & Grace's wedding back in 1956, and even gave them a yaht as a wedding present! :cool:

How wonderful if the aforementioned people were invited to the wedding, I can't wait untilt the official list comes out. :heart1:

ps: regarding music, I've been having a pleasureable time finding little bits and pieces I think would be lovely to have at the wedding, like Debussy's classic "Reverie":

YouTube - Gordeeva & Grinkov (RUS) - 1994 Lillehammer, Figure Skating, Exhibition Performances

Scratch Athina & hubby attending, as I just now noticed that the Global Champions Tour, of which Athina is the official patroness, will be competing that weekend: Events - Global Champions Tour

Ah, I really wanted to see her, as I recall her as a little girl, now she's all grown up! :flowers:

Will she be wearing a tiara?The only member of that family ive seen to wear a tiara is Caroline.Grace didnt wear on one her wedding day.

Scratch Athina & hubby attending, as I just now noticed that the Global Champions Tour, of which Athina is the official patroness, will be competing that weekend: Events - Global Champions Tour

Ah, I really wanted to see her, as I recall her as a little girl, now she's all grown up! :flowers:

I am not sure why Athina and Doda would attend...they appear in Monaco to assist at equestrian events, and I know Athina and Charlotte are casual acquaintances.

But are they friendly with Albert and Charlene?

The Rio competition is held in September. I wouldn't rule her out. Their families have known each other for 3 generations. Charlotte will miss Portugal also.

I'm neither, Sofiero. I get pleasure from the interchange of ideas, propositions, musings.... and I don't take the whole process very seriously. It's better that way.
You are right Renata4711 and I for one am glad that you are always here... on board to democratically speak your mind.
Maybe the Pr team has bungled up again.... as usual what else is new?

I wonder if Charlene whether Charlene shall wear a necklace besides earrings and perhaps a tiara.

It shall be interesting how the throne room shall be decorated with flowers and perhaps foliage for the civil wedding and the church for the religious wedding service.

I wonder what the menu shall be for wedding dinner.

I wonder what the wedding ring shall look like for Charlene and whether Prince Albert shall wear a wedding ring.

I'm really interested in the music, as music can honestly make all the difference in the world. Take for instance Prince Charles & Lady Diana's wedding versus William & Kate's. Well hands down the former is my all-time favorite wedding, bar none, the latter had the the best most uplifting inspirational music. If it wasn't for the music, it would have been rather dull imho. Yet the music made all the difference in the world.

In particular, the following piece has been played every day by me since the wedding, at least a couple of times a day, that's how much I enjoyed it:

YouTube - Jerusalem - Prince William and Kate Middleton Royal Wedding

Here's hoping Albert & Charlene do their research, and BRING TO LIFE Monaco to the masses. Bring the house down with some powerful God-fearing uplifting music! Nobody does it better than the Catholics. Recall Pope John Paul II's funeral, the recitation of the Litany of the Saints:

YouTube - Litany of Saints - Funeral of John Paul II

I will not make any more comments on Charlene Wittstock and Prince Albert but I will give some informs on the wedding to be.
This morning, there are two articles on Nice matin/monacomatin.
One on the products which will be sold ( tellers and so with A and C) during the Grand Prize.
One another about the wedding. There is the card of invitation.
The maidbride cortege will be six little girls and two small boys chosen among the people monegasque and the towns near Monaco(Capd4ail) and other news about a concert on juni 30th with Eagle.

otherwise: on facebook on visitmonaco there is an article called all glitters a reception given at Newyork toasting the wedding of Prince Albert, there is a photo of Chris Levine and it is said above the Prince Albert's best men to be

Great, Melina, I've got the "Glitter" event on my FB Wall now...
Nice photo of Chris L and of Maguy M. - a lovely fan.....

Hi Jaya, thanks for your comment :)
It gets a bit heated here sometimes, but, on the whole, I quite enjoy the cut and thrust of debating, but also the careful weighing up of arguments.

I'm not sure, but the Monaco board may well be the most exciting one ...

Last edited:
Thank you for the link Melina.

Nice to the invitation looking forward to seeing who is on the guest list.

... and here's the link:

Mariage Albert et Charlène: le compte à rebours est lancé | Nice-Matin

... and a link about the famous chef de cuisine, Alain Ducasse:
Alain Ducasse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Eagles will play "Hotel California" and other stuff.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eagles_(band)

There will be six bridesmaids and two pages from the villages around Monaco, probably from Menton, Roquebrune, La Turbie, Beausoleil ...

The couple will do a tour in an open Lexus LS 600hL hybrid car.

There is an illustrated list of products and souvenirs, many from the firm Revol.
http://www.revol-porcelaine.fr/

http://www.nicematin.com/article/ec...monaco-une-nuee-de-produits-derives-officiels

Last edited:
that is also on the site of the palace with thviews on the products ans souvenirs and it is translate en english

Am a bit confused?

Six bridesmaids from the Town?

Does that mean that Albert's immediate family nieces are not bridemaids' but strangers who live in the town?

Angie, Monaco shares several borders with communities in France. There's a word for it in French: limitrophe, i.e. someone who lives close to the border, or travels across borders. PA, and Rainier before him, were always on very good terms with places like Menton, Roquebrune, Beausoleil etc., and vice versa. Both Menton and Roquebrune used to belong to Monaco.

Many thanks.

One other thing? Is HRH Princess Alexandra of Hanover higher in rank than the whole family of Monaco? Caroline's daughter??

angieuk said:
Many thanks.

One other thing? Is HRH Princess Alexandra of Hanover higher in rank than the whole family of Monaco? Caroline's daughter??

I think so.

The price of Charlene's wedding dress would probably make me swoon, but, even amongst Monaco's splendours, a couturier is giving about 50 used wedding dresses a ritzy make-over.

Christian Anese is the President of the Association Monaco Passion Mariage (a charity), and he has organised a bridal fashion show with a difference. The wedding dresses are second hand, i.e. they have been refurbished. The models are charity workers.

on Monaco matin, it is said that the bridemaids (girls and boys) will be from Monaco and the towns very closed to Monaco.
On monaco actualites, it is also said that there will be at Saturday'wedding at 12 am a cocktail at the Hermitage for the guests of the couple .
On the card of invitation there is the code dress for the wedding( jackets or uniform) for man hats for women, there will not be tiaras to admire.
I think Prince Albert will take weights with all these cocktails

I think so.

Hummmm. How can Al of Hanover, who is a daughter of a deposed family, outrank a reigning family?

I would think that her Monaco side, which currently reigns, would be on top.

Can anyone define?

Last edited:
It's a technicality. Alexandra is a royal highness descended from Queen Victoria of England and Kaiser Wilhelm of WWI fame. But Ernst has no power and power is what counts in the real world. Monaco may be little, but the Grimaldis are wealthier than most, maybe all, European Kings and Queens. They also are great at networking. They seem to know everybody that's anybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom