The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 01:11 AM
Royal Highness

It would be interesting to see Valentino come out of retirement to design a royal wedding dress. Not sure how that would work with his company, employees, etc. though.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:13 AM
Aristocracy

I suspect that royals, at least some of them already knew about the engagement thus a future wedding. Otherwise Charlene would have never been invited. I guess Prince Albert who seems to be very close to most of royals also must have taken into account his peers when he set the wedding date.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:40 PM
Heir Apparent

It was probably the best kept secret among the European royals. PA is thick with the Scandinavian royals and a few others, and they would have kept his secret for him, not least because he didn't want to rain on Victoria's parade...
Old 06-27-2010, 01:44 PM
Heir Apparent

There are some websites about royal and society weddings... here's one:

Photo Slideshow of Royal Weddings Including Charles and Diana

http://www.examiner.com/x-21019-West...lene-Wittstock
Old 06-28-2010, 08:20 PM
Serene Highness

One thing I was wondering is since Princess Charlotte didn't leave any of her jewels to Princess Grace and all to Princess Caroline, which tiara do you think Charlene will use since Grace only had a couple of small ones? Maybe Caroline will give the big pearl one back to the Monaco Princely family to be handed down to future heirs? Maybe Albert will buy her a new one? who knows....
Old 06-28-2010, 09:24 PM
Heir Apparent

I am wondering if Princess Grace left any of her personal jewelry to her son Albert to be eventually used by his wife?

Many women do that sort of thing...but if not, Caroline will probably give Charlene one of her many tiaras or Albert will gift his fiancee and future Princess with a new one of her own.

Based on her engagement ring, I am sure it will be spectacular.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:12 AM
Royal Highness

Since Caroline has the Hanoverian jewels to use, I would think/hope she would turn over most of the major Monaco jewels to Charlene to use.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
Since Caroline has the Hanoverian jewels to use, I would think/hope she would turn over most of the major Monaco jewels to Charlene to use.
I hope so to and maybe we can see Charlene in this one on her big day, and the necklace, it would look amazing on her!
Old 06-29-2010, 02:11 PM
Heir Apparent

That tiara looks great on dark-haired Caroline, but how would it look on blond hair ??

Which jewels would best set off Charlene's hair?
Old 06-30-2010, 09:57 PM
Courtier

I pick Oscar de la Renta. Here are some wedding gowns for the Spring 2011 season as shown on Brides.com:

http://www.brides.com/images/for_tea...21_primary.jpg

http://www.brides.com/images/for_tea...04_primary.jpg

http://www.brides.com/wedding-dresse...oscardelarenta
Old 06-30-2010, 10:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrant View Post
I pick Oscar de la Renta. Here are some wedding gowns for the Spring 2011 season as shown on Brides.com:

http://www.brides.com/images/for_tea...21_primary.jpg

http://www.brides.com/images/for_tea...04_primary.jpg

Wedding Dresses Gallery Detail: Brides
I like the first one but then again I think CW has her work cut out there to find the gown of her dreams.I think Oscar de La Renta is one of the greatest in the world designers that is.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc93 View Post
I hope so to and maybe we can see Charlene in this one on her big day, and the necklace, it would look amazing on her!
You are not supposed to wear earrings on your wedding day. No jewellery except your rings.
But I think Charlene will be given a tiara to wear. That was the protocol in my day- no jewellery- That is why I love Indian weddings they wear all the jewllery they can find.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
You are not supposed to wear earrings on your wedding day. No jewellery except your rings.
But I think Charlene will be given a tiara to wear. That was the protocol in my day- no jewellery- That is why I love Indian weddings they wear all the jewllery they can find.
I'm 100 % certain she'll wear a tiara since I've never heard of that tradition before. Most royal brides don't wear necklaces but I'm sure she'll wear earrings and a tiara and rings and possibly a bracelet.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

I have never heard that before. Do you have anything that presents a history of that?
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 07-01-2010, 12:06 AM
Heir Apparent

I've never heard this. From what I've seen, most brides wear special jewelery for the day. There are even special bridal jewelery suites that can be bought. I wore my mothers pearls.

Quote:
Old 07-01-2010, 03:21 AM
Nobility

I feel a little sorry for Charlene having to live up to Princess Grace's wedding dress.
I think she will go with something very simple and probably as far removed in style from Princess Grace's wedding dress so as to avoid the inevitable comparisons.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:45 AM
Heir Apparent

I second that ! She is her own person and has her own ideas and aspirations.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:49 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I also have never heard this.
From what I can recall, all the royal brides have worn earings, and all the weddings i've attended the bride has worn earings. Usually a present from the bridegrooms parents.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Agree! This was the use before, the bride is supposed to glow by her beauty and hapiness not through her jewellery! Of course royal brides wear or not tiaras according the the protocol of each Royal House.
I think the only jewellery a bride was supposed to wear it was pearls, but I'm not sure.

I'm not sure if Pcs Grace wore a tiara. If monegasque protocol does not prevail it, Charlene wont' wear it.

But all these uses now are not respected. Another use it was that women near the bride should not wear neither white not bright and strong colors! Now you can see some wearing even black!!
Old 07-01-2010, 07:08 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

If none of the other Monegasque woman wore a tiara on their wedding day, I don't see why Charlene would wear one.