The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 07:42 AM
Royal Highness

the schemas of the palace during the religious ceremony are on the site of Photos isopix

Old 02-18-2011, 11:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
[...]edding will not be extravaganza, if we speak about the extravaganza, we could say that for the other royal weddings like the wedding of Princess Victoria. A part the cathedral. The royal guests entries, the entry of Victoria with father with trompettes, the songs with 2 singers, the flowers , the cutch, the boat on the river , when she arrives with Daniel at the Palace, the arrivals of the family in the dinner room with trompettes, the ball and so, why for one is it extravaganza and for the other, itisa marvellous wedding ?
Why don't you never accept a critic? It's sort of an extravaganza to celebrate in the courtyard of the Palace the wedding of a Souvereing. Think about it. They should do it in the cathedral, that's where catholic people marry. And don't say what you always say: "the cathedral has space for only XXX persons and in the wedding there will be XXXXX guests..."
Is still suspicious for me the way they organize everything.
Maybe she is not catholic but will marry in the catholic church...oops, sorry, catholic courtyard.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Sketch of the weeding:
** Skech 1 ** Skech 2 ** Skecht 3 **

And, this will be the monogram of them as a couple?
Monogram
Old 02-18-2011, 06:33 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the pictures Nathalie! So, they're having new chairs made for them, that's interesting. The sketches look nice, if the wedding looks that good it will sure be a beautiful wedding. I'm still hoping for a tiara wedding, I hope Victoria's wedding inspired them, I wanna see some bling, but in one of the pictures we see ladies with hats, but at the ball we see long gowns so we'll wait and see. From the drawings it seems the courtyard is going to be covered because we can see a chandelier hanging in the middle. I'm getting more and more excited the closer we get!!
Old 02-18-2011, 06:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
Why don't you never accept a critic? It's sort of an extravaganza to celebrate in the courtyard of the Palace the wedding of a Souvereing. Think about it. They should do it in the cathedral, that's where catholic people marry. And don't say what you always say: "the cathedral has space for only XXX persons and in the wedding there will be XXXXX guests..."
Is still suspicious for me the way they organize everything.
Maybe she is not catholic but will marry in the catholic church...oops, sorry, catholic courtyard.
Presumably you also believe that Papal funerals and enthronements, both rather solemn RC ceremonies, should be held inside St Peters Basilica and not in the plaza in front, but apparently The Vatican disagrees.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:03 PM
Royal Highness

Well said NGalitzine, the pape is perhaps not catholic, it was not in the newspaper
Old 02-18-2011, 07:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Sketch of the weeding:
** Skech 1 ** Skech 2 ** Skecht 3 **

And, this will be the monogram of them as a couple?
Monogram
Thanks for sharing this- the sketches are very interesting. I have to admit- I am also having a hard time warming up to the idea of an outdoor wedding in the palace courtyard. I guess I am just used to seeing royal weddings in cathedrals. Either way- an outdoor wedding will be great for the TV cameras. Lets hope that there are no gusts of wind or flocks of birds that fly overhead!

The other thing I don't really care for is the red and white scheme- a little too much contrast for my taste. While red is a traditional wedding colour in many cultures, I find it a little harsh. However, it looks like there will be lots of fresh flowers, so that should help!

Thanks for sharing. This was really interesting!
Old 02-18-2011, 07:20 PM
Royal Highness

it is inside the yardcourt, with four walls, there is no wind; red and white are the colors of the flag of Monaco,the tapis are red in the ceremonies of Monaco,there are more pictures on isopix, there are photos in 3D
Old 02-18-2011, 07:25 PM
Aristocracy

Am I wrong, but do the sketches imply that the reception will be held at the Oceanographic Museum?

Was there an official statement regarding where the reception will be held? Does the palace have a ballroom anyway?
Old 02-18-2011, 07:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtatum View Post
Am I wrong, but do the sketches imply that the reception will be held at the Oceanographic Museum?

Was there an official statement regarding where the reception will be held? Does the palace have a ballroom anyway?
It has been confirmed that the reception will be in the oceanographic museum, immediately after the ceremony. I think the palace has a ballroom although I've never seen pictures of it, most of the important events are in the throne room which can not accommodate all the guests for a sit down dinner.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelo View Post
Thanks for sharing this- the sketches are very interesting. I have to admit- I am also having a hard time warming up to the idea of an outdoor wedding in the palace courtyard. I guess I am just used to seeing royal weddings in cathedrals. Either way- an outdoor wedding will be great for the TV cameras. Lets hope that there are no gusts of wind or flocks of birds that fly overhead!
I've never liked outdoor weddings!
I always think there are bugs around (even if I can't see them, I think they're there!)

Also, it seems far too casual for a royal wedding. It would be so much better to copy Rainier and Grace's wedding; from the pictures I have seen, that was simply lovely.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Presumably you also believe that Papal funerals and enthronements, both rather solemn RC ceremonies, should be held inside St Peters Basilica and not in the plaza in front, but apparently The Vatican disagrees.
Haha, no dear, that's an entire different thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
Well said NGalitzine, the pape is perhaps not catholic, it was not in the newspaper
The POPE is not catholic? yeah, maybe you are right...i'll go check out the news, just in case.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Haha, no dear, that's an entire different thing.

Could you explain the difference please? I mean Papal funerals and enthronements are both rather solemn RC ceremonies, especially the funeral mass and they are not held in Cathedrals. Popes perform masses in fields and football stadiums when travelling abroad but presumably that doesnt make the mass any less a holy event.

I know we are all used to weddings, especially royal ones, being held inside a cathedral but I could say the same thing about funerals. God, if one exists, is supposed to be everywhere so I would expect the courtyard ceremony to pass muster with the divinity as well.

Perhaps Albert just remembers his parents saying how much they hated their own wedding ceremony which was held at the cathedral and decided to try something different.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's different because a funeral is held in the cathedral. The coffin is carried outside, so all people can see it. I'm talking about head of state funeral, or some important person.
The enthronement is held outside, yes. But that's is different again from a wedding. Tradional catholic weddings are inside a church. This wedding will be not that traditional. I think Albert wants a big wedding, something different, something extravagant...so he celebrate it outside.
I personally don't agree, for a head of state, to celebrate a wedding outside the cathedral of his country in this case.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

As melina said, the pics i posted are on isopix. Here they are:
Search photos : monaco. Press Photos, Press Agency, Photo Agncy Belgium : Isopix.be
Old 02-18-2011, 10:48 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks to the sketches, I have to say this is going to be very special. Obviously, a wedding outdoors will have so many challenges -- weather issues, acoustics, etc. But the palace courtyard does address two important issues: it is big enough to accommodate the intended number of guests, but also not too big that it will take away from the sense of intimacy.

Not to mention how beautiful the courtyard is as it is, with the Gallery of Hercules as a backdrop. So just imagine it with the flowers.

I've always seen Monaco as extremely unique. So should this succeed, then perhaps they will set a precedent as far as outdoor royal weddings are concerned.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:27 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtatum View Post

Appropriate place since Charlene was a swimmer.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:57 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc93 View Post
It has been confirmed that the reception will be in the oceanographic museum, immediately after the ceremony. I think the palace has a ballroom although I've never seen pictures of it, most of the important events are in the throne room which can not accommodate all the guests for a sit down dinner.
I visited the Palace some years ago and most of the rooms one could see whee not very big. The Hallo of Mirrors where they always stand at the Weindow on the national Day wasn't included in the rooms who where open but i doubt there would be enough space to held a banquet for all the people who attend the Wedding. If they religious Ceremony would not be in the Courtyard this would have been a beautiful location for the ball but so it's not possible.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 02-19-2011, 04:29 AM
Royal Highness

The prince Albert defends the environement and the seas with all the ecosystem, in his last interviews with Patric poivre D'arvor, he said that he is very closed to the oceanograph museum, but I think for you, there is any beautiful wedding without cathedral, palace with his ball room. You must become modern, we are in the XXI century. I also visit the palace of Monaco.We visite some rooms, the others are privat. They are not enough big to receive all the guests. Rainier and Grace made the dinner lunch in the yard. there are many people for the wedding of Prince Albert and Charlene,Point De Vue said there will be the room where there will be the dinner with the 60 privileged guests, and and there will be 38 rounds tables for other guest in the room besides. In the first loor, there will be a room where the guests will wait the brides in drinking Champagne and than there will a ball in a big room called 'Salle de conference';
The enthronement and the funeral of the pape are .outside and during the ceremony then catholic people are outside not inside, and the pape is the head od state of the Vatican but he is also the chief of all the catholic people, and all the people must respect him and he is above the kings and the queens and they must respect him, for us he is the most important man of the world. And the catholic people respect him so the enthronement or funeral people is outside.
I had a cousin who married with a catholic irish man , the wedding was very solemn, My sister attend to the wedding who was very traditional ,It was outside. There are no rule for that.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:47 AM
Aristocracy

I really actually like the idea of how the ceremony could look in the courtyard. Having said that though I still don't see them fitting 4 thousand people there. I really hope they are doing a test run with chairs and thinking about elbow room and that people can easily walk down the rows if needed.

Then I think of all the things that can go wrong. Despite rain on your wedding day being lucky, CW suggesting that if it rained on her she would look like "Alice Cooper" sort of worries me!

What about bathroom facilities ? Parking (sounds mundane, but 4 thousand is a lot!)? I mean even if 4000 invites went out, have they all been RSVP'd already?

Yet as long as it is feasible for the above reasons I stated, and will be completely legal, and will not cause problems with any future heirs claim to the throne, the Catholic issue, etc. I can see how it might be very nice. They should stop giving out details so much though and leave something as a surprise for the wedding day itself.