Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also am really looking forward to Prince Albert and Charlene's wedding now- The wedding today wetted my appetite for more royal weddings :)

I also am really looking forward to Prince Albert and Charlene's wedding now- The wedding today wetted my appetite for more royal weddings :)
Yes,it raised my desire for it as well,lol.I guess the wedding of Prince Albert will be broadcasted as well.But I believe we won't have many covered weddings so far,as all the main royals seem to got married or be on the point to do this step(like Albert)

Same here you guys...I have Royal wedding FEVER and I can hardly wait for Albert and Charlene in eight weeks! It's going to be beautiful, I am sure.:whistling:

I want to purchase a CD of William and Kate's wedding music..I was THAT impressed by it!

So, Albert's wedding was going to have international coverage? Or only those who live in France and Monaco will be able to watch it on tv?
At least we will have an online link or something?

(...)

No CW has enough originality to wear Armani... and he is not going to design anything like what Grace wore.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Charlene looked spectacular at both the dinner last night and at the wedding today. She certainly beat out of the women in attendance in the fashon stakes. Thank God she hasn't taken on those weird "facinators" so many British women seem to wear to ill affect.

Looking forward to what she will wear at her own wedding events, but wishing Albert would not wear a white uniform even if it is summer.

Lol, I loved reading your post, especially the part I highlighted in bold (how true). :lol:

Here's hoping that no women (or men for that matter) show up at Albert & Charlene's wedding wearing those things! :eek: Ye gods! *faints*

I have no idea why any woman wears those things..I have never seen one that I found stylish or pretty.

The only thing "fascinating" about them is why anyone would put such an ugly thing on their heads outside of a costume party imo.

Quoting myself. Anyone know the coverage?

So, Albert's wedding was going to have international coverage? Or only those who live in France and Monaco will be able to watch it on tv?
At least we will have an online link or something?

I suppose it depends on who you talk to...one Style blog has named her(Charlene Wittstock) one of the Five Best Dressed Wedding Guests...CP Victoria of Sweden and Carole Middleton are two of the other women who made the list.

I think CW looked smashing in London.

Last edited:
She looked stunning, can't wait to see her wedding festivities.

There were an article about Monaco info who said many international tv asked their accreditations for this wedding , the press of the tourism said there was 28 000 persons at Monaco for the enthronement of Albert, they are expected three twice more, all the hotels are full for the week of the wedding(press, guests,and so), the hotels of Nice, Menton, Cannes and Juan Les Pins are also full, My mother has an appart at Nice, she was asked to lent it for this week, many people asked her for 1 and 2 july, but it is already lent from february to a couple of Frankfurt.If you cannot see the festivities and the cermonies to the tv There will be an on line site for the weddings and I will try to send you some infos.

when i was watching W&K wedding on tv, they (portuguese journalists) said at the end that hopefully they will also be at A&C's wedding at Monaco.
so it means, maybe we are going to get some coverage after all in some countries. at least its on their plans to do so!

Lol, I loved reading your post, especially the part I highlighted in bold (how true). :lol:

Here's hoping that no women (or men for that matter) show up at Albert & Charlene's wedding wearing those things! :eek: Ye gods! *faints*

You don't think that if Andrea grew his hair out he might be able to carry one off? LOL

kathia_sophia said:
when i was watching W&K wedding on tv, they (portuguese journalists) said at the end that hopefully they will also be at A&C's wedding at Monaco.
so it means, maybe we are going to get some coverage after all in some countries. at least its on their plans to do so!

Well Catherine and Will won't be there bc they are in Canada but someone from the BRF for sure, Edward and Sophie or maybe Charles and Camilla-

You don't think that if Andrea grew his hair out he might be able to carry one off? LOL

Apparently it's still not known what the dresscode will be. but as the religious Wedding starts at 17h00 european summer time and after the Wedding there is the Ball perhapsthere is the chance that it will be white tie.

WHOA! :ohmy:

Thanks so much for the latest scoop, RoyalWatcher76, I love it. Seriously, I think Akris, whom the article states has a boutique in Monaco, should outfit Charlene. That's the honest to God best dressed I've ever seen her, bar none, both outfits were home runs/winners/iconic! *two thumbs way up*

I would LOVE to see what exquisite creation they would come up with for Charlene's wedding dress. Because as I said before, if it's even 1/10th what her two outfits were like at W&K's wedding, then it should blow everybody away imho. :)

NGalitzine, funny suggestion about Andrea wearing a fascinator except I think if he does wear one it should be a huge cigarette. :D Likewise, his sister Charlotte could wear a horse, and his brother Pierre his girlfriend Bea atop his head. :lol: And don't forget Albert, he could wear the Olympic Logo as his fascinator, whereas his bride-to-be could wear a swimming suit on her head. :eek: :D

***Note: flamboyant Grace Jones from the 70's was the actual originator of the fascinator, click here: http://madamenoire.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/grace_jones_record.jpg And that honestly was her usual get-up from what I can recall.***

Well Catherine and Will won't be there bc they are in Canada but someone from the BRF for sure, Edward and Sophie or maybe Charles and Camilla-
oh no, you didnt understand my post. i wasnt talking about W&K, i was saying that when i was watching their wedding, portuguese journalists said they(the portuguese journalists themselfs) might go to Monaco to coverage the wedding to tv. they said if everything goes right then they might go. so that means we might get some A&C wedding coverage from some countries after all:flowers:

kathia_sophia said:
oh no, you didnt understand my post. i wasnt talking about W&K, i was saying that when i was watching their wedding, portuguese journalists said they(the portuguese journalists themselfs) might go to Monaco to coverage the wedding to tv. they said if everything goes right then they might go. so that means we might get some A&C wedding coverage from some countries after all:flowers:

Oh- my apologies! :) well that is good to know too

The Portugese better get going. It sounds like the whole area has already been rented out. Besides, what journalist wouldn't want a free trip to Monte Carlo. Duh!

Last edited:
Will Armani still be making her wedding dress or has there been a change?

Charlene Snubs Armani
Charlene Wittstock wears Akris instead of Armani for Kate and William's wedding weekend - NYPOST.com

Even though Akris had her looking beautiful in London, I hope she was just taking a break and has not completely dumped Armani...they are after all responsible for taking her from purple bustiers to the top of the international fashion heap, imo. :ermm:

Unless they have done something seriously offensive to her, she'd be foolish to take a chance on an unknown for the most high profile day of her life!

After having done a little research, I discovered that AKRIS has been a favorite of Princess Caroline for literally years, at least since 2004, which is the date on the following article: Swiss designer cuts a dash in world of couture - swissinfo

Additionally, AKRIS has made at least three outfits for Charlene this past year ~ a black one (1st pic), her sea foam engagement dress, and "The Swan" one at the pre-wedding dinner the night before, and also the dove gray one for the wedding itself:

http://forum.purseblog.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1316977&d=1296837059

http://img.shopstyle.com/uim/y2010/d214/64/6421226a95c32bbea792163819717732.jpg

yfrog Fullsize - http://yfrog.com/gy91e4j

yfrog Fullsize - http://yfrog.com/h8wk20j

I think we can safely surmise from the following that Charlene has been helped along with her fashion sense by the Queen of Fashion ~ her future sister-in-law, Princess Caroline of Hanover ~ whom better to have assisted her these past 5 years. :cool:

From this I can also deduce that Princess Caroline will in all likelihood be loaning or gifting Charlene several House of Grimaldi tiaras, jewels, etc. from her collection.

That said, I'm most curious to see if Charlene will wear a tiara at all because now that I think about it none of the Grimaldi women, except Caroline, have worn many tiaras over the years. Not even on their respective wedding days. A shame really, they have so many wonderful pieces. We shall see though, perhaps Charlene will be the first to wear one on her wedding day. :flowers:

Well, I doubt that choosing another designer for once means that there is an argument between them.

Akris just opened a boutique in Monaco. PA was throwing them a bone. That kind of publicity is huge for a small company. I like their designs. As much as PC loves Chanel, even she shops at several different designers. It will also keep Armani more attentive knowing that they don't own Charlene. I think Armani will be her main provider for many years but it's good not to rely on just one house.

Thanks to Nadine and FanOfMonaco for the additional info.

Nice to see that a Swiss couturier can compete with the Armanis of this world....

I'd like to see more of his work....

It is said in a biographie of Princess Grace when she arrived at Monaco, there were any tiaras for her, Princess hat her owns tiaras Princess Antoinette has her own,There were not many tiaras because they were stollen many years ago. The tiaras Princess Grace wore after were gifts Prince has given to her further. I did not know if Prince Albert had some tiaras of her mother but Charlene could wear one because, she will be already Princess of Monaco on july 2th (civil wedding july 1th).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom