The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 12:15 PM
Royal Highness

There was yesterday a report on tf1 on the two weeddings of the years you can see the report on the site tf1 report is called:
Kate Middleton charlene Wittstock: mariages en vue
You click first tf1 replay than Kate Middelton Charlene Wittstock: mariages en vue.
That is the second reports we see in a week in France:
The first was on Antenne 2 called Prise Directe 25 1 2011:
this report was well done: we have photos and films on Kate and Charlene we never saw. Reporters went to England and south Africa. We saw a film of Charlene when she was training when she was swimmer and when she was compete at the first time in Monaco.
Now the french channels makes many reports on the two weeddings we will see in April and july

Old 01-30-2011, 12:31 PM
Serene Highness

Unfortunately I cant watch the video because it's unavailable in my country. :/

Old 01-30-2011, 02:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Yes, but, again, CW looks like a static, almost lifeless doll. What's happened to her curves and other attributes?
There was too much criticism about her dress and hat that she wore for the Monaco National Day festivities. I think that she chose a quiet coat- dress and a simple scarf because of all of the hullabaloo. Some internet news sites and forums were yacking about how she was showing off in church with her slanted hat and figure hugging Armani suit.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:12 PM
Heir Apparent

All I can say is: She'll learn, whether she likes it or not.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:58 PM
Aristocracy

I am glad some of you guys are glad about the wedding. Most of the persons in America and caribbean do not even talk about Albert and Charlene. Some do not know who they are, but there is always reference about William and Kate's wedding on American Television and the engagement was also announced on Bahamian television. Hardly anything about Albert's wedding.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:50 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree that "small is beautiful", but, with the best will in the world, one can't expect to compare one of the top ten world powers (i.e. Britain) with the second smallest country in the world.

Therefore it stands to reason that many more viewers will know and support Wills & Kate's wedding.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:55 PM
Administrator

I am not sure what you are reading Bahamagirl, but there has been reference to Albert and Charlene's wedding in some US papers and magazines.

Yes, I agree its not the same level as William and Kate but you have to remember that Americans have had a fascination for Diana and Grace (who is after all American) but Grace has been dead for over 20 years and and a lot of Americans who purchase the typical American ma came of age during the Diana years...and finally, I am sorry...this will sound shallow. But youth is big in America. At least according to advertisers who try to get that 18 to 49 demo.

Plus the British Royal Family has always had a larger following in the US as opposed to other royals. So its a bit unfair to compare the two IMO.

Why can't we all just enjoy any news we hear about both weddings? Why is there always a competition?

Old 02-02-2011, 12:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeline View Post
There was a conversation in this thread about the Catholicism. They have to be careful. If they do not marry in Catholic rites, the marriage will NOT be recognized by the State and their children will NOT have rights to the throne at all.

And about CW's dress. She has worn long, white dresses TOO many times and has simply spoiled the surprise, no matter how lovely the wedding dress might be, of seeing her in a long, white pretty gown. She even had a wedding gown turned into the panda dress. It's a shame. There is a plethora of things to choose from and the white-ish dresses seems to be her thing?

She was much more beautiful before all the "transformations" were done. They've done away with any natural beauty she had and replaced it all with something stifling and not really elegant or pretty. It's like watching a exaggerated cardboard cutout.
The Panda gown is an evening gown. It is not a wedding gown. It could be used as a wedding gown (sans panda), but it is a BALL GOWN. A stroke of genius with the Panda.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamagirl View Post
I am glad some of you guys are glad about the wedding. Most of the persons in America and caribbean do not even talk about Albert and Charlene. Some do not know who they are, but there is always reference about William and Kate's wedding on American Television and the engagement was also announced on Bahamian television. Hardly anything about Albert's wedding.

There was, is, and probably always will be a special connection between the UK and the USA.
Unlike many on this board, most of my countrymen are not aware of royal houses, except for the British.
There will be some coverage of Albert and Charlene's wedding, but it will not nearly approach the massive coverage given to William and Kate's.
It's not an intentional snub, but merely a reaction to the level of interest here.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:29 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
PA did say many moons ago that his marriage will be unconventional.
Only, in this case, the wedding itself, with its date changes, has already caused a minor furore.....
What Pa considers unconventional and what truly is are two different things. What is unconventional about CW and himself?
They are quite square if you actually look at them. They are a happy couple like the rest.In fact they are revoltingly normal for today's day and age.
Maybe unconventional will be later.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
The Panda gown is an evening gown. It is not a wedding gown. It could be used as a wedding gown (sans panda), but it is a BALL GOWN. A stroke of genius with the Panda.
You are incorrect it was a wedding gown. There was a lot of discussion on it back when she wore it. The press quoted a reliable source that Charlene was seen at the Palace trying on wedding gowns weeks before she wore the dress. There was a link to the designers collection and it showed the dress as a wedding gown. I know this because I posted it.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
You are incorrect it was a wedding gown. There was a lot of discussion on it back when she wore it. The press quoted a reliable source that Charlene was seen at the Palace trying on wedding gowns weeks before she wore the dress. There was a link to the designers collection and it showed the dress as a wedding gown. I know this because I posted it.
I see. It may have started it's life as a wedding gown, but when she wore it, it was a ball gown -- and a good one at that. I like people with imagination.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Monaco's royals are getting a little bit of press here in Argentina. For example, now we have the Hola! magazine and Charlene have been featured when she made her first national day appearence. She and Albert also have been featured when they travelled to Egypt, Pierre have been featured when he went to punta del este with Bea...it's kind of odd, because here nobody talks about royalty. About the wedding, maybe Charlene or the pr people shouldnt have revealed that the wedding gown was going to be made by Armani...it's a significant detail, Armanis wedding dresses are all pretty much the same. It's like it's not going to be a surprise anymore, just like when she appeared in the balcony last year, no more surprises.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder who will dress the other ladies (especially the young ones) and the mother of the bride. Caro will probably go with Chanel, as the house does an especially good job for her.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I see. It may have started it's life as a wedding gown, but when she wore it, it was a ball gown -- and a good one at that. I like people with imagination.
I'm sorry I should have mentioned it a singer actually used the dress before Charlene with a musical note of some type done in the same way. So, I gather that is where the idea came from.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
I'm sorry I should have mentioned it a singer actually used the dress before Charlene with a musical note of some type done in the same way. So, I gather that is where the idea came from.
A Vegas..form and note of terpsichore- lovely idea Thanks Lady Mac.That's quite imaginative.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I agree that "small is beautiful", but, with the best will in the world, one can't expect to compare one of the top ten world powers (i.e. Britain) with the second smallest country in the world.

Therefore it stands to reason that many more viewers will know and support Wills & Kate's wedding.
Not certain of that as Kate and Wills do not have the magnetism that CW and Prince ALbert have. Catherine is hardly selling magazines. I live in the Commonwealth and at this time they were going bananas about Diana. Kate is not very inspiring.
I have read more and heard more about Pa and CW believe it or not. Charlene has at least said a bit about her gown her day what is what. Kate has not said or done much to inspire me to even get up and watch the televised ceremony. Maybe I will watch to see who goes and what theywear. In fact I will watch to see Pa and CW.
From "small" countries geographically sometimes we have had the biggest and most important contributions example "Greece"
That is why I think Monaco will shine on the day of the marriage.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Hhhmmm.... I still don't think Monaco could steal Britain's thunder.

Kate may well have a low(ish) profile now, but that will change. Most of us are focussed on William and the rest of the family.

I live in Edinburgh, just south of St. Andrew's where the couple first met as students. To us Scots, they are almost family.

I will probably catch some of the Monaco coverage on the Monaco website.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Hhhmmm.... I still don't think Monaco could steal Britain's thunder.

Kate may well have a low(ish) profile now, but that will change. Most of us are focussed on William and the rest of the family.

I live in Edinburgh, just south of St. Andrew's where the couple first met as students. To us Scots, they are almost family.

I will probably catch some of the Monaco coverage on the Monaco website.
I am going to agree there is no way Monaco will get the following Britain will and is. I find very little about the Monaco wedding and Kate far out shines Charlene as an individual. Don't forget Albert is paying millions for advertisement for the wedding to bring in tourist and interest back to Monaco. Britain has no problem. When I look at photos of both couples the one I see very much in love is Will and Kate not Albert and Charlene. If Kate gets pregnant right away or around the time of Monaco's wedding I see Britain getting even more attention.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
All I can say is: She'll learn, whether she likes it or not.
Learn what? One can't control the reactions of others. I hope she continues to evolve without cow-towing to the gossip mongers and the seemingly rampant objections to her and everything she wears, does or does not do.