The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 11:52 PM
Nobility

I think Badgley Mishka or Armani would be good designers of her gown. Always spot on is Vera Wang.

Old 06-25-2010, 12:31 AM
Serene Highness

There are as many designers as there are opinions but Charlene has to research this or hire a researcher.Afterall she is hgoing to enetr and the comparison made to her mother in law. Armani may just be too severe.Others too heavy- so Charlene has her task cut out for her- hire a consultant to bring twenty five sketches a day. I always loved the sartorial Andre Laug. but have no idea what his wedding dresses look like now.

Old 06-25-2010, 12:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes! And a mermaid-style skirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Colour: I'd go for sea green - like a nymph !
Old 06-25-2010, 12:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

She could go for Collette Dinigan- I love her dresses! Or Carolina Hererra. Too bad Alexander McQueen is gone because I'm sure he would create something stunning.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:52 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Most likely she will go for Armani prive.
She has worn tons of his prive outfits/dresses and they suit her real well.
In an interview she once said that he understands what she wants.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:20 PM
Serene Highness

I personally think a year is a good time to wait, planning a wedding is never easy and especially a royal one with all the protocol to follow, and 800 guests and everything has to look perfect, and planning all the pre and post wedding events can be stressful and one year will be a good amount of time to plan it all. :)
Old 06-25-2010, 12:25 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Waiting until next Summer doesn't bother me, after to having to wait over a year for Victoria's. But I would like it to be a September/ October wedding, they do not have to follow the six month protocol.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:52 PM
Aristocracy

A year isn't that long of a time for something like this, but I suspect that planning was already in the works even before an announcement of engagement.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:15 PM
Heir Apparent

With a whole year before the wedding, they are obviously not in a hurry to produce an heir...
Old 06-26-2010, 12:25 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Most likely she will go for Armani prive.
She has worn tons of his prive outfits/dresses and they suit her real well.
In an interview she once said that he understands what she wants.
His wedding gows are rather austere and not soft enough for Charlene > I am the first to send her to Armani for everything else except this unless he pulls a rabbit out of his hat.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:30 AM
Serene Highness

I hope Farha Diba and family are invited to the Grimaldi wedding as they were in absentia from the Swedish nuptuals and I know how close they are to the Grimaldis. Farah could advise Charlene on fashion[great elegance] that is for certain as she was once in a similar position when she was about to marry the Shah of Iran and more than proved herself.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:19 AM
Heir Apparent

A year is not too long, quite the opposite, because Charlene wil still have to learn a lot. And the diaries of other royal families will be so full already that they may have difficulties attending the Monaco wedding.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Whatever dress she commissions, it will have to suit her athletic body. She's not a Letizia!
Old 06-26-2010, 04:06 AM
Serene Highness

Whatever that covers her shoulders.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:04 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Why can't she have a strapless dress if she so wishes?
Old 06-26-2010, 06:00 AM
Royal Highness

Well, keep in mind there's going to be a civil ceremony as well as a religous ceremon, so I'll wager Chanel for the civil and Armani for the church.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:18 AM
Aristocracy

She loves Armani clothes and also Valentino has designed many beautiful dresses for Caroline and Charlene as well, so I think it will be either Giorgio Armani or Valentino.

And yes I know that Valentino has ''retired'' from fashion, but I believe that he'll be glad to design a wedding dress for Charlene.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:42 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm sure he would let himself be persuaded to temporarily come out of retirement!

After all, it would be priceless publicity for anyone who gets the job!
Old 06-26-2010, 10:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think i've never seen her in a Chanel. It would be interesting if she wears one. For the civil ceremony, as RubyPrincess said. I'm still hoping Valentino or Armani for the church.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katelle View Post
There ought to be a Chanel one.
Oh, I hope not! Something feminine and classy. I'll vote for Valentino and Oscar de la Renta.