The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
No, I knew that the date had been moved up a week and was going to be on the Saturday and Sunday. I thought the previous poster was suggesting the date had been changed again which I could not find in the Nice Matin article.
So it's been a missunderstanding, I see

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya
Grace and Rainier celebrated their civil ceremony and had all the Monegasques invited as guests and asked they used their discretion in coming as they would after saying their vows go outside to toast with champagne and cake etc. SO that is where this is from and taken .
Jaya, I didn't say that the Caroline/Philippe wedding has been the origin
or ideas provider for the coming wedding setting, I just mentioned it as
a comparable example.

Old 09-16-2010, 04:36 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Alberto de Mónaco y Charlene Wittstock vuelven a cambiar la fecha de su boda

Old 09-16-2010, 05:13 PM
Commoner

A translation > Royalty Online: [Monaco] Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock change wedding date for the 3rd (and hopefully last) time!
Old 09-16-2010, 07:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

What? Again?
Old 09-16-2010, 07:57 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
What? Again?
Hopefully the last date change. 1st time, it was because of the Olympics Committee meeting and now... weather, perhaps?
Old 09-16-2010, 09:40 PM
Serene Highness

i don´t know if I should call this funny or ridiculous. Are they sure there´s not any important event on the 1 July? It looks like anything is more important than their wedding. Make a decision so that the invitations can be printed.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:32 PM
Courtier

Has anyone ever seen photos of Charlene's family? I know that she has one brother, or two? Any sisters? Photos of mom and dad?
Old 09-16-2010, 10:41 PM
Administrator

In regards to any pictures/questions/statements about Charlene's family, you can find some information here The Wittstock Family .

Old 09-18-2010, 12:48 AM
Serene Highness

So, PA and CW changed their wedding date for the 3rd time... Very, very strange. It sets a lot of red flags about this relationship and the wedding. JMO.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 09-18-2010, 10:12 PM
Courtier

No, they didn´t change it again. It is on second and third of July. This is the one and only change. (First it was on 8/9 July)
Don´t make it worse than it is.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:04 PM
Nobility

I thought the current reports are saying that the civil will take place on the 1st, and the open air/religious one on the 3rd?!

Can't wait for the two of them to pick a date-and stick with it. They should move it to August....just because.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thtregoddess11 View Post

I thought the current reports are saying that the civil will take place on the 1st, and the open air/religious one on the 3rd?!

Can't wait for the two of them to pick a date-and stick with it. They should move it to August....just because.
First, it was to be held on July 8th and 9th. Then, because of a IOC meeting, it was to be held on July 2nd and 3rd. The civil ceremony is now on July 1st and religious one on the 2nd.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:45 PM
Serene Highness

This is why they should of waited before announcing the date! So they can change it personally without everyone knowing. And anyone who says changing a wedding date is a bad sign has either A) never been married or B) Never helped anyone plan a wedding. So many things need to be take into consideration at a small wedding know imagine a wedding with 1,000 guests!!! They should have waited atleast 2 months after to announce the date so they could have changed it privately, but Im happy either way Any chance the Civil ceremony will be televised? I highly doubt it :(
Old 09-20-2010, 05:56 AM
Royal Highness

Why extrapolate on the change of the weeding day? First date 8 and 9 july, there was tle comettee of ioc meeting or we know that prince Albert of Monaco wanted the family olympic around them for this event, and thereare many princes who are in this comettee and they couldnt be there for the weedding, the second time 2 and 3 july , 3 july is sunday, and sunday is the mess day for catholics and they also need priors for the service, if they are at the ceremony, there will be no mess this day and it is not very good for the catholics people. This date 1 and 2 july is a right date, friday and sunday. For the weedding in open air, I saw the cathedral it is too small for a thousand persons. Prince Albert also wants share the ceremony with monegasque people. He does want just the royal circle and personality, and people of Monaco is very pleased about this. A part this there is an "encard' called "Princier weedding" on the officiel site of the Palace of Monaco. It is empty, but soon we will have news in it. I understand the critics of the persons who hope there will not weedding.between Prince Albert and Charlene. There will surely be yet some errors but It is a big organization for a big event.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:18 AM
Serene Highness

Are these date changes made just to make media talk about wedding?...

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 09-21-2010, 03:48 AM
Royal Highness

No, I will not say that, Lakshmi, it is the fault of the advisors in the organisation who were under the press of the media who gave the dates of the weedding which were not the good.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:23 PM
Courtier

From People magazine: "The couple will be tying the knot a few days earlier, in ceremonies to take place July 2 and 3. This switch will allow Albert, 52, and his 32-year old bride to attend the International Olympic Committee meeting in Durban, South Africa, from July 5 until 9."
I would not want to spend my honeymoon at a meeting - even if it is in Durban. An Olympic committee meeting? How un-romantic. Perhaps at first, the palace thought that the committee meeting was not that important and Prince Albert could miss it, but then realized that some of the potential wedding guests would be at the committee meeting and therefore, would be unable to attend both the wedding and the Olympic meeting. I think that this wedding will turn into a Olympic-sized event anyway. Remember the chaos that surrounded Prince Rainier and Grace Kelly's wedding?
Old 09-22-2010, 12:22 AM
Nobility

FYI, on the ENGLISH version of the palace website, there is now a link under the institution link labeled " Royal Wedding" on this it links to Official Biographies, interviews, photos and media information...however, on any of the links there's just one liner "Discover all the information about the Royal Wedding soon."

EDIT: it's also on the French version of the site-I'm assuming with the same info....

Perhaps all the wonders and speculations of the wedding will be cleared up when this info hits the site....
Old 09-29-2010, 09:58 AM
Royal Highness

to day on the palace website, in the link called "royal wedding", there are photos of Charlene and the prince Albert on the link photos, but we know them already, and in the french version there is the first interview of the prince Albert on Nice Matin the to morrow of the engagement
Old 09-29-2010, 12:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
I agree fandesacs - things were stricter in my day- and the rules greater.Grace did not wear a tiara and she put on pearl earrings for the photos - she did not have them on at the church wedding.The wedding attire of a bride was to be complete in and of itself.I also remember the rule about the not wearing white or bright colours around the bride as a mark of respect that it is her day and respecting her so as not to upstage her.
And as for black at a wedding that was uneard of in my day but nowadays everybody does what they please.And it is different from culture to culture.
PGrace didn't wear a tiara at her wedding, but she did wear a white suit to Charles & Diana's wedding. I remember thinking to myself --- "what is she DOING???" It had a smudge of lipstick on the lapel, too.