The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 09:51 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thtregoddess11 View Post
Honestly, I think whoever was responsible for setting the original date didn’t realize that the IOC meeting was also that weekend, and when PA and Charlene actually had a chance to look at their own schedules, THEY realized it and demanded the change.
Surely Albert and Charlene picked their own wedding date. And they would have looked at their calenders to see that date was free. This is the 123rd meeting to decide the hosts of the 2018 Winter Olympics, surely that should be in his diary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
Does that mean that Prince Albert will interrupt his honeymoon to attend the IOC meeting ?
More than likely he'll go when the meeting is finished. I have the date for the meeting as the 6th July, don't know when it finishes.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:52 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Changing the wedding date this early in the game doesnt seem that odd, but a wedding mass on a Sunday does seem a bit odd. Couldnt they do the civil ceremony on Friday or even Saturday morning and have the wedding mass on the Saturday afternoon?
If there are a lot of events that prevent people from attending the religious service on a Saturday, there will be little to no events on a Sunday. When my father died there was a huge football game (a sport he loved) on a Saturday. We announced his memorial service would be on a Sunday afternoon. Many people attended the football game in his honor and then attended the Sunday service. It ensures a maximum turnout for the occasion.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
If there are a lot of events that prevent people from attending the religious service on a Saturday, there will be little to no events on a Sunday. When my father died there was a huge football game (a sport he loved) on a Saturday. We announced his memorial service would be on a Sunday afternoon. Many people attended the football game in his honor and then attended the Sunday service. It ensures a maximum turnout for the occasion.
Good point, guess its just that Sunday is about the only day of the week that I havent attended a wedding on. I thought perhaps that was one day of the week that was off limits for church weddings.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:08 AM
Nobility

I have a reallly odd feeling that it's going to change again as if they keep this weekend, of July 2-3, they'll miss the first three days of the meeting:
2011 IOC Session coming to Durban :Your Sport South Africa

Talk about a wedding planner's nightmare....
Old 08-02-2010, 11:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Oh..well, i was a little like "what? why change the wedding date for a little days earlier, it doesn't make sense" but if the reason would be the IOC meeting...i guess it's all right.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:59 AM
Heir Apparent

What puzzles me is that PA has plenty of staff whose job it is to manage him and his pursuits and obligations.

Where were they when this media disaster happened ?
Old 08-03-2010, 06:10 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

I can hardly see any "media disaster". It's not a big deal considering
the fact that it's only a deferral of a single week. There are eleven
months left for all arrangements. It would have been different if
it's been a change of three months or if the wedding was delayed
three weeks before it's planned to take place..
Old 08-03-2010, 06:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

A media disaster ? That ? I haven't the same idea of the sense of the word "disaster" !
Old 08-03-2010, 08:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

for me change the weedding date is not a disaster, use this name is too exaggerate, please stop to critize all about Charlene and prince albert on this board, i begin to be tired to read all some are saying,
Old 08-03-2010, 07:05 PM
Royal Highness

Serene Highness PA and Miss Wittstock,
pls pls do get a calendar and cross check your dates once and for all.
By the looks of it the two of you will need a lot of help in the preparatory stages before the wedding. Congrats again
Jaya of the royalforums.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

I would like to see her in the wedding with the same hairdo she had for the last Bal de la Croix Rouge. Or similar. Or she could pull of a nice chignon like this
Old 08-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
I would like to see her in the wedding with the same hairdo she had for the last Bal de la Croix Rouge. Or similar. Or she could pull of a nice chignon like this
Exactly.... this would be beautiful.. but no curls for Charlene pls.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Serene Highness PA and Miss Wittstock,
pls pls do get a calendar and cross check your dates once and for all.
By the looks of it the two of you will need a lot of help in the preparatory stages before the wedding. Congrats again
Jaya of the royalforums.
I doubt the two of them work with their own calendars - even much less "important" people have staff that handle that stuff. Perhaps they just decided that they wanted to participate in the Olympic Committe events after all and felt just fine with moving the wedding. It is after all a year away.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
I loved her hair at the Red Cross Ball and also in the photo you provided...exquisite!!

I wonder if she will wear a tiara for the wedding, or go without one like Grace did?

I do agree that it would be odd to have a Nuptial Mass on a Sunday...in fact I have never heard of that....
Old 08-04-2010, 07:41 AM
Aristocracy

Well, well, well, Bunte (magazine) is suggesting that Ms. Wittstock may be pregnant. Look at her facebook page and click on the youtube video of the Red Cross Ball, you decide...
Old 08-04-2010, 10:47 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine10 View Post
Well, well, well, Bunte (magazine) is suggesting that Ms. Wittstock may be pregnant. Look at her facebook page and click on the youtube video of the Red Cross Ball, you decide...
She's not that stupid to ruin it now. Albert has two other children, the last thing he wants is another kid before he gets married. Sure he'll marry her and that would make a kid the legal heir, but why would they both do something so dumb. She waited four years another year won't hurt. JMO
Old 08-04-2010, 10:55 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Just because she maybe pregnant, doesn't mean it was on purpose, and why is it that "she's not stupid". It takes two to tango.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:58 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Just because she maybe pregnant, doesn't mean it was on purpose, and why is it that "she's not stupid". It takes two to tango.
LOL Well judging from Albert's track record, stupid is a stupid does. Also in this day and age, accidental pregnancy is because someone didn't do something to prevent it hence they did something dumb. She's not pregnant. She has an apple shaped figure. Women who are built that way gain weight in the middle. Pear shaped women put it on in their hips. I think she's probably just put on a few pounds with all the dinners and lunches she's attending lately. Princess Diana used to just push the food around the plate to avoid putting on to much weight. Charlene also said recently in an interview that she hasn't had much time to exercise. He has two kids because no one bothered to use protection. He's trying to improve his image. Charlene pregnant wouldn't enhance that. She waited four years with no pregnancy if she is now, sorry it's dumb. I believe she's a clever girl and therefore not dumb.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

What utter nonsense. If she were pregnant, they, certainly, wouldn't set a date for next year. And, they have managed for 4 years not to go in that direction, so what would have suddenly happened. Of course, on occssion, birth control fails, but not that easily. I agree with hibou.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:25 PM
Royal Highness

CW is not pregnant at all. Say what you want she has been cautious and ethical about her morality and image. High praise and commendations are hers.I am in accord with with hibou and Countess.