Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On Nice Matin today and on Monaco news, Jerome Revon, the producer of the society which will make report on the weedding of Albert and Charlene says that Mrs Stalh the advisor of the palace for the weedding has confirm him that it his society "R&G" which will supply images on the Weedding, for those who want to see the religious weedding, the live report will begin at 4 Pm and will finish at 7 Pm, there will be four documentaries, he will make on the couple all the year long and the society will go with the couple on some travels and the report will be make in 3D. He will be with his Society on the place of the palace for the national fest on 19 november to do reperages for the further weedding
Here is the article.
Nice Matin

In Stephane Berne, Prince Albert has chosen a longstanding, experienced media "operator" who should do a good job.

Two interesting points from the Nice Matin article:

PA (as well as CW) will use his broadcasting rights to make contributions to his foundation, and CW will choose a similar contribution for her own caritative interest.

There will definitely be a balcony appearance for CW on National Day because Jérôme Revon will be introduced as the chap who will film everything.

Last edited:
That will be interesting to see. I would like to know if any other fiancee in any other monarchy has appeared in the balcony before marrying the prince...

Also, i would like to know if Caroline will appear with her kids. Or if this will be another promotion step for Charlene. If anything, they should promote the familiar union, so everyone should appear.

I would like to know if any other fiancee in any other monarchy has appeared in the balcony before marrying the prince.

Mary appeared on the balcony at her then future mother-in-law's birthday in 2004. :flowers:

Wasn't Diana also on the balcony at the Trooping of the Colour in 81....that is typically in June and she and Charles didn't get married until July.

We will see if Charlene Wittstock will be at the balcony. Jerome Revon said she should be at the balcony and not will be at the balcony it is why I say we will see,

:previous: mmmm, "the wedding of the century" says Jerome Revon, now Bunte says "The whole world is feverishly waiting for the wedding"
I think they are trying to sell this wedding too hard, i don't think that the whole world can't wait for the event...
I guess Albert assesors didn't expect this to be so uninteresting for the media, so they are promoting the best they can the marriage, but i think is not working very well.

I rather think the whole world is waiting for a Divine Comedy. :D Unfortunately. :sad:

What worries me is that there are still many months before the wedding, during which time CW will have plenty of opportunity to make more gaffes.

The pre-wedding "fever" promoted by the press pack is bad enough, but, once married, the spotlight will be on her in a much more merciless way.
One only has to read Bunte to see how every fault or slip-up will be "punished" by the "presse people".

Let Charlene enjoy her pre-wedding period to the full. The "princess" period, with all its restrictions, will come soon enough.

Java, what do you mean by her different mentality and humor? Do we know which kind of humor he has? If she has a problem making friends after so long, I would suggest her to change her attitude. Probably monegasques do not like her. And what a inappropriate comment to make about the people in your future country. Is she playing the victim? I do not believe her. It will be an excuse when she divorces.

On another note, Grace didn´t feel comfortable at the beginning because she didn´t know anyone, didn´t speak the language, went to live in a diferent country. And within a year she had been totally accepted by the people. Let´not make comparisons which make no sense.
I am simply quoting her.
I do not agree with what she has said. I am giving the diplomatic response so the mods do not come aboard.
Of course Cw's comments have been inappropriate and I agree that she must change her attitude as well and "when in Rome do as the Romas do". But that is not going to happen.I would not say Monegasques do not like her as they are indifferent- as is the world as CW has failed to capture anybody's imagination by any means yet; or any other attribute that might be outstanding and exceptional.I do not know if she is playing the victim as that would be hard to do when you are about to marry a Prince...it would be transparent and implausible.

"CW has failed to capture anybody's imagination by any means yet"

I agree with that statement; the cynic in me thinks that bringing CW (or any other female) into the equation is nothing more than a stunt to raise the profile of the state of Monaco which, like most other countries in recession, needs to boost its image.

^Yeah, i'm thinking in that too. Monaco needs to do something with it's image. For me, it's not casual that Andrea has become more private, has changed his looks, gave an interview, and a few months later his uncle got engaged.
They are trying to get a new, more serious image, which is good.
I just would like Charlene's assesors to do better their job.

At first I thought Charlene was making some big gaffes also. Then I looked at the big picture. She hasn't slapped anyone or run off to the circus, so I think she is a step in the right direction. At least Charlene has an excuse. This is all new to her. The others have been in training since birth.

Good point. I've been watching the "remise des medailles du travail" (handing-out of medals) by Michel Roger (Minister of State), and the Monegasques are, on the whole, normal, ordinary people. Seen from that angle, CW can be seen as equally "normal".

From that perspective, she is like the wife-to-be of the Mayor of a small town of, say 25,000 inhabitants. The Mayor's wife is usually a minor figure who tags along after her husband.

You are quite ritght !
:flowers:
At first I thought Charlene was making some big gaffes also. Then I looked at the big picture. She hasn't slapped anyone or run off to the circus, so I think she is a step in the right direction. At least Charlene has an excuse. This is all new to her. The others have been in training since birth.

What is her excuse for the many gaffes? Being a complete ignorant of good manners? I thought she had been training for 4 years! It´s enough time to learn a lot of things. Who is Placido Domingo for instance. But appart from making a fool of herself by asking what his profession was, being disrespectful with Monegasques, etc, you´re right, she hasn´t done anything so serious. As long as she she doesn´t speak, there can´t be any other catastrophe.

Last edited:
I suppose she must have had some serious training before they let her loose on the Imperial Palace! That occasion must have given both PA/Monaco and the Emperor's retinue some qualms, and yet, she seems to know how to behave when necessary.

I rest my case...

Am I right in thinking that PA/CW's wedding is extremely close to the William/Kate nuptials ???

^Yes, i think you are. Is it true they are going to marry in August? That would be extremely close.

This is going to be interesting, i wonder if they are going to change their date once again. All the media attention is now going to be about William and Kate.

William and Kate haven't announced a date yet, but I imagine it will be June time.

Will and Kate told their wedding would be in spring or summer. I think it will be spring. Still it is very close to PA and CW wedding. Albert's PR wanted economic boom and media attention because of his wedding, but with PW and KM marrying next year Monaco's chance to get attention is low. British monarchy always gathered more attention. British wedding will be not good from MC point of view. JMO.

Am I right in thinking that PA/CW's wedding is extremely close to the William/Kate nuptials ???
I seriously wonder about this couple and their timing.jmoimo
Actually should have been done with the wedding this year.Such a long and protracted period. That way they would have ensured most royal houses not being split between which wedding they are going to go to.The decison making process is quite mixed up by the PR people

I think Kate and William will marry late May or in the beginning of June.
Probably they will be on a secret honeymoon when Albert and Charlene marry.
So all the royal watchers can turn to Monaco in the beginning of July.

I think it's even good for Albert and Charlene, now they can prepare the wedding without the big attention, that will go to William and Kate.

I agree with you, with the weedding of Prince William and Kate that I am waiting, I think that it will be great , there will be less pressure on Prince Albert and Charlene. it's good for them, For the national fest of Monaco, Prince Albert gave an interview to day at Figaro (international) where he speaks about Monaco, the place of the country in the world, about charlene

Interview Albert in Le Figaro:

Le Figaro - International : «On peut être un petit État et faire entendre sa voix»

PA alludes to his forthcoming marriage, Shanghai Expo, Francophonie summit, leaving the Grey List, place at Unesco executive committee - all these to carry the voice of Monaco further.
Asked about his absences from Monaco, he states that these are his prerogatives.

"Monaco n'est pas un paradis fiscal" - Monaco is not a "fiscal paradise"....

PA stresses that he has not placed his reign under his "passions" (environment, sport, international meetings).

If the two dates are close they are close. They might not have the same guest list and then again they might.

Frederik and Mary married a week before Felipe and Letizia who married about a week (or a day or so) before Hamzah and Noor of Jordan.

This is going to be interesting, i wonder if they are going to change their date once again. All the media attention is now going to be about William and Kate.
Mainly all the houses of Gotha have to go to the wedding of Prince William and Catherine- as a matter of course. So those going to PA and CW's wedding will actually go because they really wanted to.Princesss Victoria and hubby will be there for certain and I suspect the Spanish contingent.
But Prince William and Catherine will not go. I wonder if Farah Diba will go to Pa's wedding or that of Prince William?
Do Prince Albert and Charlene go the wedding of Wills if first?Does Catherine know Charlene at all?

I would imagine that Charlene will attend with Albert if William and Kate get married first.

For Albert and Charlene's wedding, I imagine that the Wessex's will still attend or maybe Andrew...didnt he go to the enthronement ceremony?

You might see a little overlap with the guest list. Showing up because its expected and going because you want to...it doesn't matter...the British wedding is definitely the one to be at. No matter what a lot of us think about Albert personally (and Charlene)....Albert has raised Monaco's international profile with the other royals. Just think...years ago...how many attended Rainier and Grace's wedding, but the same can be said of Margaret of Great Britains wedding. A lot of royals didn't attend because who she was marrying.

Its a different world than many years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom