Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=&quot]Honestly, I think whoever was responsible for setting the original date didn’t realize that the IOC meeting was also that weekend, and when PA and Charlene actually had a chance to look at their own schedules, THEY realized it and demanded the change.[/FONT]

Surely Albert and Charlene picked their own wedding date. And they would have looked at their calenders to see that date was free. This is the 123rd meeting to decide the hosts of the 2018 Winter Olympics, surely that should be in his diary.

Does that mean that Prince Albert will interrupt his honeymoon to attend the IOC meeting ?

More than likely he'll go when the meeting is finished. I have the date for the meeting as the 6th July, don't know when it finishes.

Changing the wedding date this early in the game doesnt seem that odd, but a wedding mass on a Sunday does seem a bit odd. Couldnt they do the civil ceremony on Friday or even Saturday morning and have the wedding mass on the Saturday afternoon?

If there are a lot of events that prevent people from attending the religious service on a Saturday, there will be little to no events on a Sunday. When my father died there was a huge football game (a sport he loved) on a Saturday. We announced his memorial service would be on a Sunday afternoon. Many people attended the football game in his honor and then attended the Sunday service. It ensures a maximum turnout for the occasion.

If there are a lot of events that prevent people from attending the religious service on a Saturday, there will be little to no events on a Sunday. When my father died there was a huge football game (a sport he loved) on a Saturday. We announced his memorial service would be on a Sunday afternoon. Many people attended the football game in his honor and then attended the Sunday service. It ensures a maximum turnout for the occasion.

Good point, guess its just that Sunday is about the only day of the week that I havent attended a wedding on. I thought perhaps that was one day of the week that was off limits for church weddings.

Oh..well, i was a little like "what? why change the wedding date for a little days earlier, it doesn't make sense" but if the reason would be the IOC meeting...i guess it's all right.

What puzzles me is that PA has plenty of staff whose job it is to manage him and his pursuits and obligations.

Where were they when this media disaster happened ?

I can hardly see any "media disaster". It's not a big deal considering
the fact that it's only a deferral of a single week. There are eleven
months left for all arrangements. It would have been different if
it's been a change of three months or if the wedding was delayed
three weeks before it's planned to take place..

A media disaster ? That ? I haven't the same idea of the sense of the word "disaster" !

for me change the weedding date is not a disaster, use this name is too exaggerate, please stop to critize all about Charlene and prince albert on this board, i begin to be tired to read all some are saying,

Serene Highness PA and Miss Wittstock,
pls pls do get a calendar and cross check your dates once and for all.
By the looks of it the two of you will need a lot of help in the preparatory stages before the wedding. Congrats again
Jaya of the royalforums.

I would like to see her in the wedding with the same hairdo she had for the last Bal de la Croix Rouge. Or similar. Or she could pull of a nice chignon like this

Serene Highness PA and Miss Wittstock,
pls pls do get a calendar and cross check your dates once and for all.
By the looks of it the two of you will need a lot of help in the preparatory stages before the wedding. Congrats again
Jaya of the royalforums.
I doubt the two of them work with their own calendars - even much less "important" people have staff that handle that stuff. Perhaps they just decided that they wanted to participate in the Olympic Committe events after all and felt just fine with moving the wedding. It is after all a year away.

I would like to see her in the wedding with the same hairdo she had for the last Bal de la Croix Rouge. Or similar. Or she could pull of a nice chignon like this

I loved her hair at the Red Cross Ball and also in the photo you provided...exquisite!!:whistling:

I wonder if she will wear a tiara for the wedding, or go without one like Grace did?

I do agree that it would be odd to have a Nuptial Mass on a Sunday...in fact I have never heard of that....

Well, well, well, Bunte (magazine) is suggesting that Ms. Wittstock may be pregnant. Look at her facebook page and click on the youtube video of the Red Cross Ball, you decide...

Well, well, well, Bunte (magazine) is suggesting that Ms. Wittstock may be pregnant. Look at her facebook page and click on the youtube video of the Red Cross Ball, you decide...

She's not that stupid to ruin it now. Albert has two other children, the last thing he wants is another kid before he gets married. Sure he'll marry her and that would make a kid the legal heir, but why would they both do something so dumb. She waited four years another year won't hurt. JMO

Just because she maybe pregnant, doesn't mean it was on purpose, and why is it that "she's not stupid". It takes two to tango.

Just because she maybe pregnant, doesn't mean it was on purpose, and why is it that "she's not stupid". It takes two to tango.

LOL Well judging from Albert's track record, stupid is a stupid does. Also in this day and age, accidental pregnancy is because someone didn't do something to prevent it hence they did something dumb. She's not pregnant. She has an apple shaped figure. Women who are built that way gain weight in the middle. Pear shaped women put it on in their hips. I think she's probably just put on a few pounds with all the dinners and lunches she's attending lately. Princess Diana used to just push the food around the plate to avoid putting on to much weight. Charlene also said recently in an interview that she hasn't had much time to exercise. He has two kids because no one bothered to use protection. He's trying to improve his image. Charlene pregnant wouldn't enhance that. She waited four years with no pregnancy if she is now, sorry it's dumb. I believe she's a clever girl and therefore not dumb.

What utter nonsense. If she were pregnant, they, certainly, wouldn't set a date for next year. And, they have managed for 4 years not to go in that direction, so what would have suddenly happened. Of course, on occssion, birth control fails, but not that easily. I agree with hibou.

CW is not pregnant at all. Say what you want she has been cautious and ethical about her morality and image. High praise and commendations are hers.I am in accord with with hibou and Countess.

I can't help but think that with Charlene's marraige to PA the Monaco RF will go through a resurgence of respectability that has been sadly lacking for such a long time. Against all odds ( not to decry her but in terms of the world we live in) PA has found a wife who has, apparently, no scandal attached to her. Thus I wish them as a couple all the luck in the world and I hope she turns out to be a very classy and successful POM and the mother of a new generation of Princes/Princesses.

Lets cool the the discussion about a Charlene pregnancy pre wedding.

If she turns up pregnant before the wedding, most likely we will notice any bump and we can certainly discuss how it will affect the wedding.

Future posts will be deleted without notice. Any question, should be directed to any of the Monaco moderators and/or TRF administrators via Private Message.

Zonk
Monaco Forums Moderator

I know that the next question is a bit silly. but I wonder whether future princess to keep her original name Charlene or will take "french" form of the name-Caroline! "Charlene" is (as far as I know) americanized variant of Caroline. As far as I remember princess Grace was also formally called Gracia Patricia.

I doubt she will change her name, I don't think it's needed.
And if they did she isn't going to change it to Princess Caroline seeing as there is one already.

I know that the next question is a bit silly. but I wonder whether future princess to keep her original name Charlene or will take "french" form of the name-Caroline! "Charlene" is (as far as I know) americanized variant of Caroline. As far as I remember princess Grace was also formally called Gracia Patricia.

Charlene sounds fairly French. I don't think she'll change it. Gratia Patricia was Grace Patricia's name in Latin but I am sure she was known as Grace in French. At least she signed herself Grace de Monaco.

Pozdrav Sarajevu :)

French-speakers are already referring her as "Charlène", or Mademoiselle C. W.

I don't find where to writte this news. Nice Matin said that Prince Albert annonced to day to the media that his weedding will take place on the place of the Palace, there will be many persons and he wants also the presence of the monegasque natives, the civil weedding will take place in the palace on july the first. excuse my bad english

Here's the Nice Matin article you are referring to, melina premiere.

** Prince Albert II: le mariage religieux sur la place du palais **

I think your translation was quite good :), so the wedding ceremony will
be an open air event, according to the article as a symbolic gesture to share
the celebration with the people of Monaco.

Princess Caroline's wedding with Philippe Junot (besides the civil ceremony inside
the Princely Palace) has also been celebrated outside and not inside a church,
surely a great setting for Albert and Charlene as well.

Do you take that to mean that none of the ceremony will take place in the Cathedral ? I am a little sad if this is the case. ( It may also be very hot for the guests to sit through!!)

Well the Cathedral of St Nicholas really isn't that big as cathedrals go, really just a large church. If they plan on inviting a large number of guests this might be the best option. Pray for good weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom