The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
No one is going to feature their mistakes at their very public wedding.
A child is never a "mistake". I know YOU didn't mean to say it was, but I think it's precisely the impression that Albert - the House of Monaco in general? - is treating these children as "mistakes" what has disappointed many people, myself included.

Besides, everyone knows about the children anyway, so the only real embarrassment has been precisely this refusal to at least invite them the wedding. It is a very odd and glaring faux pas. And, sadly, I cannot say that my opinion of Albert hasn't been diminished by this rather unseemly behaviour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missMaryanne View Post
with that sad and scary eyes you see her dynamic????
I am aware of the discussion that ensued this statement, so I am confident that I understood it well. And I chose to come back to it because... well, because that's exactly the impression I got, too, especially yesterday.

Like you (I think), I don't like Charlene much. It is not an emotional attitude, it's just that something about her rubs me the wrong way. No big deal.
(I am no fan of Albert, either. Which doesn't mean that I "hate" - or even actively dislike - either, needless to say!)

Yesterday I was in Monaco (not for the wedding, I just happened to be there, had been for more than a week), and of course, the wedding was impossible to escape, even if anyone wanted to. So I got the chance to see Charlene's face and expression in huge close-ups. And it made me cringe. OR rather, it provoked a sort of shock in me. Her eyes - yes, they are beautiful in themselves - were sad, empty, scared to the point of being "scary", like you said. She seemed "away", absent, reactionless. I am not sure how good her French is at this point, but the lack of reaction was just baffling.

She did not look happy or even very much "present" at her own wedding.
Maybe it's the nerves, who knows?
But I do understand what you're saying.

I think this is a couple I'd rather not follow.
I do wish them the greatest happiness, of course.

Old 07-02-2011, 06:15 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm glad someone else said this before I did.
It's something I've noticed about CW on various occasions or images.

There seems to be "nobody at home".

Like Printemps, I wish both of them (or individually) all good wishes.
But the body language displayed by both of them did not seem to be "natural", but almost enforced. No sensual gesture between them.

Old 07-02-2011, 08:47 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Let's get back to the topic of this thread - thanks!
Old 07-02-2011, 09:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Wedding Champagne - but not any old champagne....
This one is from Perrier Jouët. Each bottle cost about 100 euros.

Monaco: une palette de champagne "Mariage princier" s'évanouit dans la nature | Nice-Matin
Old 07-02-2011, 01:59 PM

A little history about the Palace

My husband and I were in Monaco 2 weeks ago and toured the Palace, Cathedral and Exotic Gardens. It was crazy then, as all of the roads to the Palace were blocked off in preparation for the wedding.

The Palais du Prince consists of three crenelated towers that remain from the 13th century. It was built on the site of a fortress constructed by the Genoese in 1215. The buildings on the south side, the All Saints Tower and the Bastion de Serravalle, were added to strengthen the castle in Italian Renaissance style, dating to the 15th and 16th century.

The formidable perimeter is built into the vertical rock. A monumental doorway with the Grimaldi arms adorns it. The Hercules Gallery by the Milanese artist Domenico Gallo overlooks the lovely main courtyard, featuring a double staircase in white marble that leads up to the gallery and the State Apartments. The whole Hercules gallery is decorated with 16th and 17th century frescoes - particularly by Ferrari. The Throne Room, the Gallery of Mirrors, the State Apartments, the Mazarin Salon and the York Room where official receptions are held are decorated with carpets and precious furniture, as well as sumptuous frescoes from the 16th century, and hung with portraits signed by Rigaud, Philippe de Champaigne and Van Loo .

The ceiling of the Throne Room, used for the swearing of oaths and the solemnization of marriages, is decorated with frescoes by Orazio de Ferrari. A suite of drawing rooms, the Louis XV Chamber, the York Chamber, and the Yellow Room form the Royal Quarters built by Prince Honoré II for his guests. The Palatine Chapel at the far end of the Main Courtyard and the gate opening onto Place du Palais were also built during the reign of Prince Honoré II. Albert I had the Pavillon de l’Horloge rebuilt and Prince Rainier had the new private apartments added in the southwest wing which had been destroyed after the 1789 revolution.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Wikipedia - Palace of Monaco:
Prince's Palace of Monaco - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 07-03-2011, 08:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Will this thread continue as "Suggestions and Musings", and, if so in what format?
Old 07-03-2011, 08:21 AM
Administrator

Actually, the thread will be closed as both the civil and religious ceremonies are over.

If there are any thoughts on the wedding, please post them in the appropriate civil or religious threads, or here Reflections on the Princely wedding .

Thanks to all who posted!

Closed Thread