The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 03:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt View Post
Well,maybe the spanish royals are still holding some grudge towards Prince Albert after he questioned Madrid's capacity to host the olympic because of some security issue,but that incident already happened years ago.In any case,their non attendance is still bizarre coz they might be the only reigning family without any representation to this wedding,which I think is awkward to say the least.

The economic situation of Spain,could also be one of the reason as MoonMaiden already stated.There are strikes and barricades at Puerta del Sol because of the proposed cuts on spanish spending.It would'nt be nice to the taxpayers to see their royal family sipping champagne,partying for two days with all their fineries while the country and the common people are experiencing some major economic changes.

But also bear in mind that when Queen Victoria of Spain and family were overthrown from Spain,the Grimaldis were one of the few families who accomodated them by giving the old Queen a Villa in Monaco to be used every summer,rent free.The Grimaldis were also very generous towards the former King Constantin of Greece(and sister of Queen Sofia of Spain) when the same thing happened.
Well I don't know what has happened to the Greek/Monaco "friendship"...the Greeks sent NO ONE to PA's enthronement that I am aware of, and no one from Monaco was in attendance at Prince Nikolaos wedding last summer either.

Also at King Constantine's high profile birthday party late last year...again.
No show from MONACO!

Old 06-27-2011, 03:07 PM
Serene Highness

maybe a detail but is it a princely wedding or a royal wedding?
AFAIK royal comes from rex from in Latin relating to a king.
I know that in monaca it's called a princely wedding but then why is everyone else calling it a royal wedding? :S

Old 06-27-2011, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt View Post
As in almost every european countries and yet they are sending representatives.Very very bizarre indeed.
Also,the Spanish media should also quit with their "'no other hereditary princes are going to attend"' cause they are just going to make the spanish royal look silly if other royals from other countries do attend the wedding.

To quote Shakespeare,Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.
Anyway,as long as the bride and groom are present and my favourite Princess Mary of Denmark is there,I'm a happy camper lol
Good Quote except it Something is rotten at the Palace of Zarzuela !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
maybe a detail but is it a princely wedding or a royal wedding?
AFAIK royal comes from rex from in Latin relating to a king.
I know that in monaca it's called a princely wedding but then why is everyone else calling it a royal wedding? :S
Its not a Royal Wedding as Monaco is a Principality & not a Kingdom,so technically its a Princely Wedding.

If people want to call it a Royal Wedding that can do so but its not correct
Old 06-27-2011, 03:13 PM
Courtier

Monaco readies for royal nuptials | euronews, Monaco Wedding

No Grace, but plenty of style | euronews, world news

streaming live - news | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand

Euro NEWS SCHEDULE [AVAILABLE IN ENGLISH TOO]
June 29, 2011: A special about the up-coming events, a portrait of the couple, the wedding preparations, and much more.

June 30, 2011: A long segment about the wedding including who the guests will be, the menu, the wedding dress. Merchandising at the wedding, last minute preparations and an interview with J.M. Jarre.

July 1, 2011: 5pm the civil wedding will be broadcast live from the Throne Room at the Palais Princier de Monaco.

5:50pm: Live balcony appearance the Brass Band will play “Charlene’s Anthem” for the first time. Then on the giant screens in the Palais square the AC monogram will appear.

6pm: Live cocktail reception at the Palais square No Comment | euronews: international news images without commentary

8pm: Reception at the port No Comment | euronews: international news images without commentary

10pm: Jean Michel Jarre concert at Port Hercule

No Comment | euronews: international news images without commentary

July 2, 2011: Live beginning at 5pm

6:30pm: CET Live- the driveby through Monaco in their new Lexus.

9pm: Guests arrive for dinner No Comment | euronews: international news images without commentary

10pm: Fireworks No Comment | euronews: international news images without commentary

July 3, 2011: Re-cap of the entire two-day wedding extravaganza on Euronews.

Ningún miembro de la Familia Real española asistirá a la boda de Albe | Noticias hola.com

So apparently, no member of the SPANISH ROYAL FAMILY will be attending? All I can say is : Let them eat cake, and stay at home. Life will go on with or without them!

euronews | Wedding of Albert II, Prince of Monaco, and Charlene Wittstock
Old 06-27-2011, 03:19 PM
Heir Apparent

The Carpet - again...

It is 550 square metres. It is decorated with lace. The designer is Jan Kath. Albert likes it.

The 300 pieces will be auctioned by Christie's, and framed.

Based on the text above, I think the carpet will be RED and decorated with white LACE. But I could be wrong.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
Ningún miembro de la Familia Real española asistirá a la boda de Albe | Noticias hola.com

So apparently, no member of the SPANISH ROYAL FAMILY will be attending? All I can say is : Let them eat cake, and stay at home. Life will go on with or without them!
I totally agree!
Old 06-27-2011, 04:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Monaco Info:

The photos of the Princely Wedding will be exhibited in Monaco from July 11th to September 11th.
Are any details available about venue?
Old 06-27-2011, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post

I agree,if people lose interest in the SRF they only have themselves to blame!
Old 06-27-2011, 04:35 PM
Nobility

When are they officially married after the the civil ceremony on the 1 July or after the religious ceremony on the 2 July....if it takes the two ceremonies for them to be a 'married couple' I wonder what the sleeping arrangments will be on the Friday night...just a thought
Old 06-27-2011, 04:57 PM
Heir Apparent

The civil ceremony is necessary to show that two Monegasque citizens have got married under Monegasque Law.

The religious ceremony shows that a couple is getting married according to the Rites of the Roman Catholic Church.

Civil Law and Church Law are both necessary.
(Not just in Monaco, but many other countries.)
Old 06-27-2011, 05:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
It's a bizarre explanation that makes no sense. If only heads of State are invited, how to explain the presence of the entire Belgian and Swedish Royal families?

The only other European RF I can think of who will not be represented at all is the Greek.

Perhaps there has been some sort of rift.
Queen Sofia of Spain's brother is the King of Greece and just why he was not invited is beyond me But then again I wager that Farah Diba was not invited, We will have to wait and see as the explanations trickle out.Last year when the King of Greece was marrying off his son Nikolaos no Grimaldi turned up on the Greek island ......The Spanish contingency was there full force but without King Juan Carlos - I think it may have to do with is health and not much more.Also when in 1995 the Greek king's son Pavlos was marrying Marie Chantal MIller in London ; Steph was simultaneoulsy marrying and they had a divide there.I am certain all will be sorted for the best.. otherwise we will be back to debate...
Old 06-27-2011, 05:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Queen Sofia of Spain's brother is the King of Greece and just why he was not invited is beyond me But then again I wager that Farah Diba was not invited, We will have to wait and see as the explanations trickle out.Last year when the King of Greece was marrying off his son Nikolaos no Grimaldi turned up on the Greek island ......The Spanish contingency was there full force but without King Juan Carlos - I think it may have to do with is health and not much more.Also when in 1995 the Greek king's son Pavlos was marrying Marie Chantal MIller in London ; Steph was simultaneoulsy marrying and they had a divide there.I am certain all will be sorted for the best.. otherwise we will be back to debate...

I have a theory about why relations between the two families has cooled,(Greece and Monaco) but it falls into the realm of gossip(via the international socialite/journalist/gossip Taki Theodoracopoulos) and I don't know how reliable he is...

debrann...I know it's probably..."indelicate" to speculate about PA and CW...but Grace and Rainier reportedly did not spend the night of their civil wedding together because Grace considered herself only "half-married" until the Nuptial Mass the following morning......
Old 06-27-2011, 06:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrann View Post
When are they officially married after the the civil ceremony on the 1 July or after the religious ceremony on the 2 July....if it takes the two ceremonies for them to be a 'married couple' I wonder what the sleeping arrangments will be on the Friday night...just a thought
They will be legally married on Friday. You can be legally married without the religious ceremony.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:25 PM

Does anyone know which channels will transmit the wedding in Brazil?
Old 06-27-2011, 07:46 PM
Nobility

Good Luck to Albert and Charlene and to the Princely Wedding!
Old 06-27-2011, 08:04 PM
Nobility

what US channels?
Old 06-27-2011, 08:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
They will be legally married on Friday. You can be legally married without the religious ceremony.
This may be true "legally", however for some it is the religious ceremony which is the most important.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:43 PM
Nobility

Thanx Renata 4711 and Moonmaiden23 for your input...
Old 06-27-2011, 09:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Who will be the bridesmaids?
Are the Grimaldis like the British, and have children for attendants?
Old 06-27-2011, 10:33 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
According to "Hola" no member of the Spanish Royal Family will attend the wedding of Albert of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock

Google Traduttore
first, felipe and letizia will go...now they won't... please, srf, decide!!!!

or i have to say: "thank you, lord!!!!"????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I suppose that could be it......

But couldn't one of the Infantas attend so at least someone from the SRF is there?
The two families are known to be friendly, and as someone else pointed out both Catholic(monarchy and Principality)

The entire thing sounds suspect.
totally agree.