The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 03:22 PM
Heir Apparent

I am happy to hear that it will be Armani...he and his team haven't steered her wrong yet! Her loyalty to him is understandable.

Why take a chance and roll the dice on someone new on what will be the most visible and public day of one's life?

Old 07-15-2010, 04:33 AM
Heir Apparent

There is something in what you say - it's the devil you know.... :-)

And the Armani family have been assiduous in cultivating CW's friendship - and it's paying off!

Old 07-15-2010, 04:37 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
qs it couldn't be different: Armani stated to newspaper "Le Monde" that he is working on her wedding dress
They could be working on a dress for her, but so could so many other designers.
I know it's more probable that Armani will be the actual designer, but I have my fingers crossed.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
qs it couldn't be different: Armani stated to newspaper "Le Monde" that he is working on her wedding dress

Thank you for this information! :)

I've been looking at pictures of Armani designed wedding dresses for high profile celebrities, and thus far I've found the following (just to get an idea):

Katie Holmes wedding pictures in Rome (Katie Holmes)

First photos: Megan Fox in Armani Prive wedding dress at her Hawaiian nuptials - (Megan Fox)

Mira Sorvino's Wedding Dress (Mira Sorvino)

All the aforementioned ladies are tall & beautiful like Charlene, so their dresses gave me a good idea of what Charlene would look like in hers. *smile*

They all appear to be strapless (except for the teeny tiny spaghetti straps of Mira's), so I expect Charlene's to be as well, which would show off her gorgeous broad shoulders (btw her future sister-in-law Princess Stephanie has the same lovely shoulders).

Since Charlene is an older & more sophisticated bride in her early 30's, I would expect her to wear something sleek, lovely, and classy, similar to Crown Princess Victoria's in terms of sophistication. Now if she were a young bride fresh out of her teens, I would expect her to wear something like the following:

http://www.bridetobe.com.au/e2shop/P...8ADDE89%7d.jpg (Lady Diana Spencer ~ young blushing newly turned 20 yr. old virginal bride; my all-time favorite)

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected (Princess Caroline ~ old-fashioned, traditional, another favorite of mine; btw, lol, her 1st wedding always reminds me of this one: my favorite big screen wedding scene)

In terms of royal weddings, I found this great thread on this forum from a few years ago ~ click here: Who´s the designer? ~ which gives a valuable amount of information. I've noticed that Armani has only designed two wedding dresses thus far for royalty (both low profile, one moreso than the other), thus I can't wait to see what he has in store for us all when it comes to Charlene & Albert! :)

***Note: I wonder if he will be designing dresses & suits for the entire wedding party!?! Like he did for Katie Holmes & Tom Cruises's wedding.***

p.s. Grace had Helen Rose from MGM, Princess Caroline Dior & Chanel, and now Charlene Armani...
Old 07-15-2010, 02:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine View Post

Since Charlene is an older & more sophisticated bride in her early 30's, I would expect her to wear something sleek, lovely, and classy
I fully agree with you
Old 07-15-2010, 02:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Charlene obviously has great shoulders but since she is going to be married in a Cathedral before a bishop(unlike Katie Holmes, Megan Fox etc.) I would hope to see her in something a little more covered up.

Princess Victoria's gorgeous gown was ideal...it skimmed her shoulders just enough, but was also not too bare for a church wedding.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine View Post

I've been looking at pictures of Armani designed wedding dresses for high profile celebrities, and thus far I've found the following (just to get an idea):

Yes that does remind one of Caro's first wedding!!!!!!! Must be a italian/ french village rituals at play here

** off topic
Silly me thats the Godfather! I forgot Michael Corleane character was married first in Italy.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:57 AM
Courtier

I wonder why she chose her designer so soon, perhaps it will take the designer a year to create the dress?
Old 07-17-2010, 02:38 AM
Heir Apparent

I think that, because of her close relationship with Roberta and the rest of Armani, there might have been a fairly strong expectation for them to get the job!

Let's hope they rise to the challenge, and that the Archbishop of Monaco, Monsignor Bernard Barsi, doesn't have to look at too much female flesh on the day...
Old 07-17-2010, 03:27 AM
Courtier

Lol, I just assumed that everybody was familiar with "The Godfather". I love the whole story behind Michael Corleone & Appollonia, and the famous Italian thunderbolt!

Back on topic, I can't believe that I forgot one of my favorite personalities, whom reminds me of Princess Caroline in terms of class, intelligence, strength of character, and beauty ~ Ashley Judd ~ she too has worn Armani for her wedding! It must've slipped my mind because I have never been able to find a picture of the wedding. *sad* The following are some references to it though:

http://crazysexygorgeous.blogspot.com/2009/03/17th-most-expensive-hollywood-wedding.html

http://www.lovetripper.com/bridal/wedding-database/ashley-judd.html

***Note: though I'm a conservative & a traditionalist by nature, Ashley Judd is one whom I would have loved to see as a HSH for a principality like Monaco or similar, however when it comes to England, no budge ever.***

That said, I'm still in la la land visioning Armani creating dresses & suits for the entire wedding party of Prince Albert & Charlene. I keep thinking about Mira Sorvino's weddng http://www.celebritybrideguide.com/christopher-backus-mira-sorvino-wedding/ , wherein "the bridesmaids wore long blue-green satin spaghetti strap gowns overlaid in blue chiffon inspired by the sea off Capri."

Oh, I could just imagine Charlene's bridesmaids dressed as such as an homage to the Mediterranean Sea off the coast of Monaco...with the sun setting...and the entire wedding party having their picture taken outside, with the aforementioned lovely sea as a backdrop. Ah, like mermaids! *clapping*

I'm just so looking forward to this wedding with great anticipation & excitement, same as I was for the lovely Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden, which overexceeded my wildest imagination.

On a hopeful note, I would love to see Albert's sisters perhaps as matrons of honor, since they are older than the bride, but nevertheless close to Charlene, at least I hope so. *smile*

I just want to see the whole family together & happy & united, as I've loved watching this family since I was a young teen. And now a new member has been added, a time for celebration and rejoicing!!!!!
Old 07-17-2010, 03:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Are you being a tad optimistic about Armani designing the entire wedding wrdrobe?

That might well "break the bank in Monte-Carlo" :-))

Seriously, though, I too watched the Rainier/Grace wedding in 1956 on a very small TV set, and the image of Rainier with his self-designed uniform composed of various emblems and metalware will stay with me forever....

I can't see PA making a big fuss about medals etc., just a "normal" uniform and his "chain of office". Either way, grooms are always outshone by a bride!
Old 07-17-2010, 06:08 AM
Aristocracy

For sure i think Armani is going to dress her, why wouldn't he.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:30 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Why wouldn't he?
Because perhaps Charlene didn't want an Armani dress?
Old 07-17-2010, 06:37 AM
Courtier

Lol, Prince Albert is a billionaire after all, he can well afford to indulge for this once-in-a-lifetime (we hope) event.

Seriously, I'm so caught up in their upcoming nuptials that I had to go to youtube to find some of my fav videos for inspiration. In particular, mermaids & figure skating. :)

Lucinda Ruh is the first one that came to mind, as she has Charlene's gorgeous mermaid body, beautiful broad shoulders tapering down to a slim waist & legs, et al:

***Note: Lucinda is another I could see as a princess of Europe ~ cultured, educated, speaks fluently 4 or 5 languages, beautiful, athletic, not a hint of scandal, possibly still a virgin, a lady ~ though not for England, unfortunately, as she is not from the the nobility. Still, what a lady!***

On the subject of mermaids, I have in my mind's eye a vision of Charlene dressed from shoulder to thigh in a figure-hugging white dress adorned with lovely beading throughout, ending in a mermaid-style long flowing train. And atop her head is the only piece of jewelry ~ a dazzling tiara the color of the Mediterranean Sea, and when the light catches it just so it sparkles like the brightly colored rainbow skin of a mermaid ~ purchased for her by Prince Albert, exclusively. :)

And for the bridesmaids, the mermaid theme doesn't end, lol (click here: ). Charlene in the middle as the head mermaid, all in dazzling white except for the tiara she wears atop her head, whilst about her on each side stands her lovely bridesmaids, decked out in greens/golds/blues/silk to match the Mediterranean Sea.

***p.s. Princess Beatrice of York so reminds me of a mermaid with all that lovely thick long red hair of hers & those big blue eyes the color of the ocean. I wish she were a bridesmaid as well, but she's a friend of the Casiraghi Trio, though her mom seems to be friends with Prince Albert & his sisters, so who knows, lol. More wishful thinking. ***

Back on topic, I haven't even thought about the boys! *laughing* For some reason I just can't see them dressed up as mermen, especially Prince Albert. *kidding*

I'll end now, as I've gone overboard with my imagination, and am spent. By the way, anybody interested in mermaids, enchantment, fantasy, should take a look at Marilyn Radzat's site ~ outstanding! Click here: Marilyn Radzat Fantasy Art- Biography Page
Old 07-17-2010, 07:08 AM
Heir Apparent

The Archbishop will definitely swoon over the "mermen"!!!

Pass the smelling salts!
Old 07-17-2010, 11:31 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Just out curiosity, did Charlene have to convert to Catholicism to marry Albert? Or was it choice?
Old 07-17-2010, 11:35 AM
Royal Highness

I'm interested to know what titles/orders Charlene will be given & at what point in her marriage to Albert. I remember reading that Grace was given the Order of St Charles in a private ceremony after the civil wedding & she wore the sash & a tiara to the gala on the same evening.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:40 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Well when she marries she's be Her Serene Highnes, Princess Charlene of Monaco.
I looked at the wikipedia page for the Order of Saint Charles and it doesn't list who have recieved the order.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:39 PM
Heir Apparent

And I looked on the Palais Princier website:
Palais de S.A.S. le Prince de Monaco - Les ordres Princiers

...and even there, there is no list of the recipients of the Ordre de Saint-Charles or the Ordre de Grimaldi or the Ordre de la Couronne...
Old 07-18-2010, 01:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Just out curiosity, did Charlene have to convert to Catholicism to marry Albert? Or was it choice?
I think the Constitution requires the Sovereign Prince or Princess to marry a Roman Catholic.

I cannot imagine that Charlene has not already, or will not soon, be received into the Church.