Charlene Wittstock's Wedding Dress: Civil and Church Wedding

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Robijn

Moderator Emeritus , Royal Blogger
City
-
Country
Netherlands
MonacoGrimaldiArms.gif

ACmonogram.jpg

Welcome to the thread to discuss Charlene Wittstock's wedding dresses, both her dress for the civil wedding and her dress for the church wedding.

This thread will be opened once Charlene emerges at the Throne Room at the Prince’s Palace on July 1. Until then, please use the thread Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings.

Thanks and happy Posting!

Iceflower, Zonk & Princess Robijn
Monaco Forum Moderators

:monacoflag2:

Last edited:
Were this really long trousers, as they menioned in one online article? I can't imagine. The colour though is nice.

Last edited:
I read also that they were trousers. Even Letizia didn't get married in trousers LOL!

The color is superb. As usual, her hair and make up are perfect. I agree that a knee length skirt would have been better.
would have preferred a family brooch or choker perhaps

Great color but not a fan of the outfit.

Love the color. The rest is not my style at all, if it's a skirt it should have been in knee lenght especially if you wear it with a jacket.

soft colour but a bit dull. Dont like at all the outfit. The skirt reminds me of a nightgown. and the jacket doesnt fit with the skirt. Strange outfill in the whole. She wears much much more beautiful befor. The idea of a long skirt is not so bad. But this one failed to be interesting.

Civil wedding outfit in light blue

Lovely colour and Charlene looks great, love the hairstyle and simple jewellery. The top part is fantastic but I am not fond of the long light skirt, looks too much of a nightgown and spoils the outfit a bit for me.

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/11...F7C5CAB8DF4949BB652ADB87ABC639ED75F34923446D6
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/11...AC511463FA5BC9BB652ADB87ABC63D9E6047BDB3EE25C

Thanx for the pictures, I think Charlene looks absolutely stunning. Trying to explain to my 3 year old she has to wait till tomorrow to see the wedding dress, and she's being really impatient LOL. Oh well, can't wait to see it. BTW Hello site has some brilliant coverage and all the details of the wedding, for those who haven't seen it yet. Everyone have a great weekend.

Charlene's outfit got full marks from me - that's gotta be a first :)

Do we know the designer?

She looks very very pretty. I like her choice here.

Love the colour of ther outfit, although the hem of ther dress seems a nightgown, but Charlene looks very beautiful, love her make up, hair and earrings.

Civil wedding outfit in light blue

Lovely colour and Charlene looks great, love the hairstyle and simple jewellery. The top part is fantastic but I am not fond of the long light skirt, looks too much of a nightgown and spoils the outfit a bit for me.

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/11...F7C5CAB8DF4949BB652ADB87ABC639ED75F34923446D6
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/11...AC511463FA5BC9BB652ADB87ABC63D9E6047BDB3EE25C

It's not a skirt. It must be a dress, but she wears a jacket.

If the dress was knee length it would've been perfect. but I love the simplicity of it!

I'm a little surprised by the design of this outfit for the civil wedding. Princess Charlene looks very beautiful and the colour is absolutely wonderful, but I think the fitted jacket and floaty skirt is quite a mature style to wear because I have seen mothers of the bride wear this kind of thing before. I agree that had the skirt been abit shorter and even the addition of a hat, it would have been nice. Still, it's her wedding and overall it's nice and elegant and simple.

I loved the color and the top half. Then I saw the bottom half and was deeply disappointed. It really does look like Grannie's Nightie!

I keep changing my mind about the total look :neutral::unsure: but love the colour. I also thought she was wearing trousers at first when I saw the clip of them walking from the Palace. I kind of agree with the earlier comment that it had a slightly bride's mother feel to it. ( Not that bride's mother would wear trousers) :ermm:

Disappointing, I mean pants! The color might be nice but the ace at the bottom of the wide pants is just wrong and as DoM said, looks like a night gown. The jacket is more of a cardigan jacket (one of those really light jackets that pass for sweaters). The overall just didn't work for me and I was expecting something more glamorous, more Princess type. Headpiece was also missing, big disappointment as well.

I hope tomorrow she does pull it off well.

Some reports are saying it is by Akris.

There was an article last month or so saying that Charlene commissioned Akris & Armani are doing outfits for Charlene for her wedding. It didn't mention who did which outfit but it was mentioned that Armani was doing the dress therefore Akris must of done this.

Last edited by a moderator:
So disappointed....I would have preferred a simple lady like dress and hat..

Some reports are saying it is by Akris.

There was an article last month or so saying that Charlene commissioned Akris & Armani are doing outfits for Charlene for her wedding. It didn't mention who did which outfit but it was mentioned that Armani was doing the dress therefore Akris must of done this.

I don't know but they say here it's Chanel.
Monaco toasts royal couple as Albert finally ties the knot

Métro Montréal - Albert II de Monaco et Charlene Wittstock se disent "oui"

Albert et Charlene, mariés civilement - Europe1.fr - International

Love the colour and think that both the dress and jacket are lovley-they just don't work very well together IMO. I think the jacket looks like a daytime suit jacket and that's an evening dress. However, I don't think it's awful and I agree that her hair, make-up etc are perfect.

I love the color but not the outfit.It makes her look old.

I really hope she wont disappoint me with her wedding dress.

What a beautiful bride!
I'm looking forward to see her tomorrow and the rest of her Princess life.

The dress is nice, and would probably look even better without that jacket!

I think so too. It moved quite beautifully aswell. But it wasn't a dress, but a one-piece pant suit. Just with very flowy fabrics around it to give it a dress effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom