The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-02-2011, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

A good gallery of pics of several details of the wedding dress can be found here:

** BB: Charlenes brudekjole (Charlene's wedding dress) **

Old 07-02-2011, 03:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanvanmaxima View Post
How long was her goan?
uhm are you talking about the train? it was 20 metres.

Old 07-02-2011, 03:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahla10 View Post
uhm are you talking about the train? it was 20 metres.
20 metres?!? That would be the longest train ever!

For me Charlene was a beautiful bride.

Let them be happy and let them shine in their lifes!
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:31 PM
Courtier

Lovely dress, it would make my personal top 5 of royal wedding dresses. Charlene must have liked Victoria's dress last year, since the shoulder part and also the V cut on the back were very similar.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:37 PM
Commoner

I loved her hair and the diamonds to the side, also her veil and the simpleness of her dress. The double train was too much and too gimicky for her elegant dress and it's a pitty her bodice was too big. If it was sewn smaller and tight fitting her boobs wouldn't look so saggy. Even fake breasts need bras and unfortunately with the darts in the front it also looked like her nipples were constantly hard.

Not my favorite dress but not the worst. I hope they're very happy but good lord their kissing is so akward. They can never hit each other on the mouth and her lips don't even pucker. Hope she didn't mess them up with all the lip fillers and botox.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...47_634x541.jpg
Old 07-02-2011, 03:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hellomagazine is reporting that the train is five metres long:

Princess Charlene arrives in beautiful Armani bridal gown
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:50 PM
Aristocracy

Yeah I've thought that 20 metres is pretty long as well but this was said in the german tv and I've read it as well online. So dunno Lol 5 metres sounds more realistic :P Even though the train looked really long from above.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:07 PM
Royal Highness

I still don't understand what is the point of having a really long skirt train AND a really really long train on top it. It's like she was trying to pull a Princess Diana and fill up the church aisle, or go for the longest train on record. Aside from the lengths of the trains, it's a lovely dress and one of my favorites (especially the embroidery).
Old 07-02-2011, 04:18 PM

I also read she would be wearing "ankle length pants". Far more lovely than described!
Old 07-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Courtier

Am I the only one who thinks, that the neckline (frontside and backside) of the dress looks similar than on CP Victorias wedding gown?
Bye Bine
Old 07-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
Am I the only one who thinks, that the neckline (frontside and backside) of the dress looks similar than on CP Victorias wedding gown?
Bye Bine
It is but I dont think Armani copied other people's ideas. The design is THE perfect way to deal with Charlene's broad swimmer shoulders. Anything else would look terrible on her, such as strapless or neckholde and long sleeves would have reminded of Graces' dress and it was too hot anyway.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
It is but I dont think Armani copied other people's ideas. The design is THE perfect way to deal with Charlene's broad swimmer shoulders. Anything else would look terrible on her, such as strapless or neckholde and long sleeves would have reminded of Graces' dress and it was too hot anyway.
That´s true!
BYe Bine
Old 07-02-2011, 04:33 PM
Aristocracy

It kinda disappoints me that CP Victoria looks much more impressive at the dinner than Charlene. It looks like she took some necklaces and looped it a few times around her hair. Why isn't she wearing a lovely tiara? The dress is nice but not outstanding. Expected more after I've heard that the royals are tacking out their tiaras. :P
Old 07-02-2011, 04:36 PM
Aristocracy

I absolutely loved the detail on the bride's dress near the bottom...beautiful gown! Good luck to the new princess
Old 07-02-2011, 04:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
20 metres?!? That would be the longest train ever!

For me Charlene was a beautiful bride.

Let them be happy and let them shine in their lifes!

No, Princess Diana still holds the record for longest train....25 feet!
Old 07-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahla10 View Post
Why isn't she wearing a lovely tiara?
She is wearing a tiara
Old 07-02-2011, 05:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

A good gallery of pics of several details of the wedding dress can be found here:

** BB: Charlenes brudekjole (Charlene's wedding dress) **

Simply stunning. This gown is now officially in my Top 10.

And her veil is in my top three(along with Maxima of the Netherlands and Queen Fabiola of Belgium ) as one of the most beautiful I have ever seen...
Old 07-02-2011, 05:12 PM
Serene Highness

Civil wedding dress: from the waist up, it looked okay. A old school suit in a very flattering color for Charlene. Waist down - what was up w/ that nightgown harem pants? And the the lace peeking out of the suit sleeves really bugged me. Then again, looking at the guests, the dress code for the civil wedding was as confusing as Charlene's ensemble with many guests had issues with clashing outfits. Then she took off the jacket for the concert and the jump suit didn't look that bad. It was still a confusing look, but without the suit, it stood on its own surprisingly well.

Religious dress: Exactly what I had imagined Armani creating for Charlene - figure flattering to her shoulders, but very sleek, modern and sexy without being strapless. Could have used less embroidery, like having it just on the skirt or stopping at the waist instead of growing up the bodice. I agree with those that thought the cut or the fit of the dress was a fit off. The arm hole was cut too big or the bodice was too small to cover her arm pit. That bit of skin made the dress look a awkward. But overall, I thought the dress was the perfect sleek, modern and sexy wedding gown but still appropriate for a royal wedding.

Did not like Albert in that white uniform. First, he looks too similar to his bride in that color. Second, he's in hist 50s and doesn't quite cut the dashing figure he did in his youth. I guess there must have been some dress code for naval uniforms because almost all the royal men showed up in them. But white was probably not the most flattering color for his "matured" figure. Even the older King Gustav looked better in his uniform than Albert did.

Her hair was perfect on both days. Loved the jeweled hair piece. Not a tiara but equally stunning and perfect compliment to her dress and veil.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:14 PM
Courtier

Hopefully these haven't been posted yet. You can see the beautiful detailing on the dress very well in these:

MYROYALS: WEDD

MYROYALS: WEDD
Old 07-02-2011, 05:27 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
No, Princess Diana still holds the record for longest train....25 feet!
well feet and metres aren't the same thing :P 25 feet = around 8 metres I guess :P So never ever charlenes train was really 20 metres. It's more realistic that it was the 5 metres other sources said. :)