The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-02-2011, 01:30 PM
Aristocracy

Before anyone takes my head off I would like nothing more to say other than these are two people in love enjoying the happiest day of their lives. But that is not what it looks like to me. I have never seen a couple look so uncomfortable together. Charlene looked so beautiful but so unhappy. I really feel for her. I also feel for Albert after waiting this long it would be nice to seehim happy.

Old 07-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Heir Apparent

What was the name of that hauntingly beautiful song those two women were singing inside St Devote Chapel where Charlene went to lay down her bouquet?

Charlene was really crying...it was the first time I have ever seen her cry like that.....

She appeared deeply moved whatever it was, but thank goodness she wore waterproof mascara!

Old 07-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Aristocracy

Wow what a wonderful bride! Loved, loved, loved her Hair-do and the veil and I love that she didn't wore any jewellery so all eyes were on her beautiful diamond-flowers in her hair. The dress was indeed pretty simple but absolutely gorgeous and the train was very impressive (20 metres I've read anywhere??) And I've heard she had 80000 diamonds on her gown! Charlene is a beauty and I love that she choosed a simple dress and not a dress with lace, that really shows that she's truly herself and she's not trying to copy gracia patricia. Next to CP Victoria she was definitely the most stunning bride. Also loved her simple make-up. She seriously couldn't have done better. :) But I hope to see some better pictures of her dress and ring soon to see the details. :)
Old 07-02-2011, 01:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, she applied the "KISS" method: Keep it simple. The gown wasn't anything new.
But why fix it if it won't work?
Old 07-02-2011, 01:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
MYROYALS: WEDD

Gorgeous! I love it- elegant and just perfectly fitted. Wonderful, for sure one of my top three......he looked good too :) but she did look stunning and I love how she wore her veil
Thank you for that photo. It really shows the jewelling of the Princess' gown. It is really beautiful ...such teeny-tiny application.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace chic View Post
Before anyone takes my head off I would like nothing more to say other than these are two people in love enjoying the happiest day of their lives. But that is not what it looks like to me. I have never seen a couple look so uncomfortable together. Charlene looked so beautiful but so unhappy. I really feel for her. I also feel for Albert after waiting this long it would be nice to seehim happy.
Because of her demeanor and reverence at her wedding, she will remember every moment of their religious ceremony. It is a solmn event. They can "let loose" later at the party. A wedding ceremony is not a party.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:50 PM
Aristocracy

Now THAT is a beautiful wedding dress. And Charlene looks stunning, simple and classy. Just wonderful.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Heir Apparent

I never noticed all those tiny diamonds sown into the bodice of the gown...TV doesn't really do it justice. From front and back views it is really, truly magnificent.

Armani RULES is all I can say.

I agree with KittyAtlanta...a wedding ceremony(particularly a Catholic High Mass celebrated in front of the papal nuncio with the world watching) is no place to let loose.

The fact that they whispered frequently and even held hands at one point during the ceremony was touching in itself.

It amazes me how we see the same things differently...
Old 07-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Royal Highness

HSH Princess Charlene's dad looked like he was in agony half the time.. was that his shoes or what?And yesterday he did not look the happy camper either.Regarding the wedding dress is it my imagination or was HSH Princess Charlene not wearing undergarments? Maybe had to do with Armani's design......The gown was cut on the bias i think......so very few know how to do that these days and CW had lost a lot of weight without ruining her glowing face.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm sure the Princess's father was probably really suffering in the heat in his suit. He didn't look well at one point, but seemed to pull out of it.

As for undergarments, true couture clothing is always presented with proper undergarmets and should be worn only with those undergarments, or support/enhancement in all the right places is engineered into the garment. I think Charlene's gown had interior corseting.

Now, I'll have to get busy building my book of Monaco's fabuluous 21st century wedding.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:03 PM
Nobility

Did you notice the bodice..? Looks as if she worn no bra..look closely...
Old 07-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, I noticed the bodice and didn't see any body parts showing through. The bodice was darted and the darts never come off perfectly, even in couture. Remember Kate's cones?!
Old 07-02-2011, 02:07 PM
Nobility

Yes I do...she has no boobs being that petite...
Old 07-02-2011, 02:14 PM
Heir Apparent

The only thing that bothered me about the wedding ceremony was how obviously hot and uncomfortable the guests were....all those fans waving made me sweat!

Albert's bald spot was shiny with sweat, and I have no idea how those priests in their heavy vestments avoided passing out.

The only person who looked Zen was Charlene....
Old 07-02-2011, 02:16 PM
Courtier

Again a beautiful bride! Elegant, simple, stunning.
I liked the jewel in her hair a lot.
On TV you couldn't see the embroidery very good, but on the photo's you can, really nice.
She must have liked Victoria's dress because the shoulder part was a bit alike.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:20 PM
Aristocracy

The dress was stunning the more Isaw of it the more I liked it. The veil was the most pefect I've ever seen.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Charlene's dress is definitely up there with Kate's, Maxima's & Mette-Marit's! Very simple & elegant! She did not disappoint! And the jewelry in her hair is the perfect topping for the elegant look she was going for!
Old 07-02-2011, 02:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think Charlene's wedding dress suited her just perfectly
Old 07-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Courtier

How long was her goan?
Old 07-02-2011, 03:03 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Thank you for that photo. It really shows the jewelling of the Princess' gown. It is really beautiful ...such teeny-tiny application.

Because of her demeanor and reverence at her wedding, she will remember every moment of their religious ceremony. It is a solmn event. They can "let loose" later at the party. A wedding ceremony is not a party.
As someone who attends mass it still possible to show reverence and love for your partner at once. I wish I saw it but I didnt not even when they were in the car. I am not speaking out of hate I would like nothing more than to see Albert happy.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:14 PM
Serene Highness

Huh? I saw quiet a lot of touching moments?