The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-01-2011, 08:21 PM
Serene Highness

It would have been nice if it was a dress not pants! It looks like a dress in some pics, but it is way to loose for pants!

Old 07-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

She looks great. The jacket was for the formal event. But this way she didn't have to change. Never looked like a stiff in some suit, that some aged designed thought up.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:43 PM
Nobility

Charlene looks gorgeous. I love the color of her outfit. Although I would have preferred a skirt with that jacket. Actually the pantsuit looks much better without the jacket. Can't wait to see her wedding dress. Thank you all for the photos!

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, . . . .
Old 07-01-2011, 11:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Yeah, they're pants. You can get a better glimpse of them in these photos.

Getty Images

Photo from AP Photo

I did not believe it before I saw your pics! Wow, that is really the hit!
I love her outfit from head to toes, simply stunning, wonderful, she is looking phantastic. Light blue shades her perfect and it is a great combination of being classy and having the "special something" (trousers). I´d love to see a closer pic of her collier at night. Very impressive.

Bye Bine
Old 07-01-2011, 11:40 PM
Heir Apparent

The more I look at Charlene's outfit the more i like it. When she stands, she looks particularly elegant...almost goddess like. And that colour is divine.

I hate Charlotte's dress for the fireworks...I mean I really hate it. Thank goodness for her incredible face.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:38 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
Without the jacket, I like the outfit much better, although I'm not liking the fact that it's pants. I guess IMO it just didn't seem that appropriate for a daytime civil wedding ceremony.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:50 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
Without the jacket, I like the outfit much better, although I'm not liking the fact that it's pants. I guess IMO it just didn't seem that appropriate for a daytime civil wedding ceremony.
I agree, without the jacket its very different and suitable for the concert. Still I am no fan of the pants style...

For the civil wedding, its a miss for me. Top part of Charlene was superb, colour, hair etc but a no-no from waist down.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:19 AM
Courtier

H.S.H. Princess Charlene of Monaco's civil ceremony ensemble was a winner for me! *two thumbs way up*

But, honestly, with that figure, stature, physique, she can wear practically anything and it will look good on her, especially those surprising trousers? Lol, I honestly thought it was a dress until the pics above told otherwise. My gosh, there's no way a short person could get away with wearing something like that nor a gal with curves. Seriously, only someone with Princess Charlene's figure could wear something like that and make it stunning.

This has truly whetted my appetite to see what she will wear for the religious ceremony tomorrow!

ETA: and it helps that she's a natural blonde, only a blonde with a figure like that could carry it off. Imho, of course. :)
Old 07-02-2011, 01:47 AM
Courtier

Love the colour but hate the pantsuit. She could have done better for the civil service. The jacket was wrong it looked more like a cardigan. For the evening concert it was good but not for a daytime civil service. She could have had two outfits! The dress will be interesting. Most of the family don't even looked like they bothered. It isn't as big in other countries as Wills and Kate's we may get something little on the news but the Monaco Royal family aren't really all that well known.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:07 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Please use this thread only for discussions about the dresses Charlene has worn during the celebrations,
for the fashion choices of the guests we have the following extra thread:

** Wedding of Albert and Charlene: Guests and Fashions and the Wedding Celebrations **
Old 07-02-2011, 07:40 AM
Commoner

the necklace charlene wore last night i think it is Chanel Jewelery
Old 07-02-2011, 07:42 AM
Royal Highness

I must say that I like it, it's very in her style, she likes jumpsuits and this outfit looks good on her. I love the color, perfect for blonde with blue eyes. the jacket is a bit too long IMO, pearl buttons are very nice. Make-up and hairstyle - great.
I can't wait to see her wedding gown today, I hope for something special and nice jewelery.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:02 AM
Nobility

I really liked the blue colour - it suited her very well and her hair and makeup were fantastic.

I did not realise it was pants until I saw photo's of her walking in it. I thought it looked much better at the concert without the jacket than it did for the civil ceremony.

I'm looking forward to seeing her wedding dress in a few hours!!
Old 07-02-2011, 08:26 AM
Heir Apparent

"I did not realise it was pants..." - that's what many people have said.

Having read all 52 contribs so far, I think the pants win !
Old 07-02-2011, 09:19 AM
Aristocracy

IF YOU SEE THE PICTURES OF CHARLENE WITH THE JACKET OF HER BLUE SILK SUIT OFF, the suit underneath is just beautiful!!

Mariage Albert et Charlene : Stéphanie de Monaco entourée de ses trois enfants (glimpse)

I was expecting them to get more exclusive seating in a Royal Box with more comfortable chairs on their wedding day than on the bench they've squeezed themselves onto with everyone else??! Go figure ..
Old 07-02-2011, 11:07 AM
Aristocracy

ok, whats up with the split train? nice length though
Old 07-02-2011, 11:21 AM
Nobility

No Tiara? I thought she would be wearing one. Her dress is simple and understated. Albert looks serious
Old 07-02-2011, 11:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Just saw the dress and,I am disappointed.But who knows it might grow on me.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well I thought her outfits were simple yet very elegant.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:43 AM
Commoner

I think the gown is stunning - much more original than the Duchess of Cambridge. And while she is not wearing a tiara, she is still wearing diamonds in her hair.