The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-22-2011, 08:20 PM
Heir Apparent

I think "sheer opulance" is a Monagasque by word, and they do it very well. Charlene's personal style seems fairly minimalist, and Albert is quite casual, but for a state wedding in Monaco opulance is the way to go.

Old 07-23-2011, 02:05 PM
Heir Apparent

...especially if/when it is meant to take place only once !

Let's hope the pair will have stickability !

Old 09-18-2011, 09:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post

Love this video in the Palace of the Princess trying on her jewellery.
I might be out of line with this because I'm chiming in on this discussion so late but..... I wish she could have worn the tiara in this video at her wedding. It is so unique, sleek, minimalist and elegant at the same time, and it looks so good on her!!!!!
Old 12-13-2011, 08:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I am up and down on my feelings on this wedding dress.

I thought it is a nice dress but not original.I am not a fan of jewels on a wedding dress since I prefer classic and timeless wedding dresses.Also,I am not a fan of the trains.

Neverless,I am not a fan.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree that the dress is unoriginal and a standard Armani dress, but I for one did like the crystal designs down the front of her gown and it was nice to see a watteau train which is not a usual choice for bride whether royal or not. Perhaps the train that extended from her feet shouldn't have been the exact length of her train from her shoulders. The dress was unorignial, but the two trains idea did provide a unique feel to the overall outfit. While she was walking down the aisle the two trains seemed "too much" but when she was at the alter, I believe they spread the trains out in opposite directions and it ended up looking very beautiful.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 01-02-2012, 08:30 AM
Royal Highness

I saw the the gown of princess Charlene at the exhibition at the oceanic museum. I never saw a so beautiful dress with so many crystals. Her two trains were very royal. Armani made a wonderfull work. For me it was the most beautiful bride of the year. Nobody else
Old 01-03-2012, 04:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, at least the two gowns can get some money and publicity for Monaco, all over the world.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
I saw the the gown of princess Charlene at the exhibition at the oceanic museum. I never saw a so beautiful dress with so many crystals. Her two trains were very royal. Armani made a wonderfull work. For me it was the most beautiful bride of the year. Nobody else
Totally agree. While I haven't seen the dress up close, for me, it was exquisite and perfect for Charlene.

Kate Middleton's was lovely, CP Victoria's was gorgeous but Charlene's was WOW !! (in my opinion).
Old 10-09-2012, 08:25 AM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Readers' Top 10 Wedding Gowns: #8. Princess Charlene of Monaco

Like I said before, not a fan of this dress as I think it is not original and it's a very typical Armani wedding dress. Though, it's not horrible either. I like the neckline of the dress. The details of the gown are interesting but, not a fan of jewels on wedding dresses. Really dislike the two trains also. Not sure if I like the veil. I do however think her hairstyle is fantastic. I prefer that she wore a tiara but, her hairpiece is stunning. Overall, not a bad wedding dress nor a great wedding dress in my opinion. I would not put this in my top ten nor anywhere near it.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:01 AM
Nobility

I am surprised (judging by most comments about it) that Charlene's dress would make it to a top ten list!

Like the author of the blog I also wonder what happened to her relationship with Armani...?