The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-04-2011, 03:09 PM
Royal Highness

When I saw her walking down the aisle is just said WOW. Wedding dress is amazing, suits P Charlene a lot. Yes, is similar to Victoria's but also classical and timeless. I love shade of white, cut and details on the dress and train. Pity than at the wedding no one too up the train, two trains looked strange on some photos.
On the plus - veil, hairstyle and gorgeous hair jewelery.

Second dress was nice, lighter, more comfortable. This style seems to be favorite by Charlene. I love how this gown sparkled, especially layers on the skirt.

Old 07-04-2011, 03:35 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
MYROYALS: PR

Photo spread of Charlene prepping for her big day.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TDT9o2PU-D...ideshow_v2.jpg
This one of her in her civil wedding outift - are we glimpsing a royal dressing room in the background? If so, I'm salivating and taking notes!
These pics are totally 'hollywood'.
I don't need to see pictures of a princess in a bathrobe, pics are again to posed.
Big no for me

Old 07-04-2011, 03:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think the trains looked beautiful when she was at the altar, but when she was turning I thought they looked odd; I think the bottom train was shorter and it didn't flow right. But when she was standing still, it looked great.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 07-04-2011, 03:55 PM
Serene Highness

Other video of the wedding

NRK Nett-TV - hastighetsmåling
Old 07-04-2011, 05:02 PM
Commoner

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/117...E6047BDB3EE25C
dont like the color and wow what she wore is what my grammom would wear imo...oh yeah u forgot to do the last button =)
and pants really!

http://myroyal-myroyals.blogspot.com...lbert-and.html
imo there is something odd about that dress or maybe the fit i dont know yet but i'll study it
Old 07-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Courtier

Charlene wedding dress is very pretty.It suited her body type.
Everything looked perfect:dress, veil,hairdo ,make-up,delicate embroideries...
The diamonds in her hair looked so fabulous and so original.
She was gorgeous and in my opinion much much better than Catherine.
I am out of topic but I adored the fact that the bridesmaids were chosen among the population:Monaco and neighbouring french towns.What a nice gesture and a nice souvenir for those little girls.

I liked her civil wedding dress.Without the jacket,the dress was very feminine for the evening festivities .
The jacket gave the dress a classical touch suitable for a formal civil wedding
Old 07-04-2011, 09:59 PM
Commoner

2nd train

I just loved Charlenes's dress; I thought everything about her was so elegant. And what a stunning dress and tiara she wore afterwards. Perfect!

I am curious though, at what point in the ceremony did she detach the upper train? I was watching the wedding here and there while I did my chores but I must have missed that part.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

She looked stunning in both outfits. If that is what your grandmom would have worn, it is because she has good taste. Something rare in today's youth.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:34 AM
Heir Apparent

AMEN, COUNTESS! All grandmas should have taste like that...Charlene was a magnificent bride in every way!
Old 07-05-2011, 02:34 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefertiti View Post

I am curious though, at what point in the ceremony did she detach the upper train? I was watching the wedding here and there while I did my chores but I must have missed that part.

Do you mean at what moment the veil was raised (in case one can say so )? Prince Albert did so when it was
time for the religious peace greetings during the ceremony. He then kissed her and the guests kissed and greeted
each other.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:15 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I just loved Charlenes's dress; I thought everything about her was so elegant. And what a stunning dress and tiara she wore afterwards. Perfect!

It must have been after the had signed the Wedding Register in the Palace Chapel. Then they where out of the Cameras for a short moment and when they left the Chapel they longer train was removed.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 07-05-2011, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

I see, that train was meant, not the veil I've meant, the "upper" seems to have confused me..
Old 07-05-2011, 07:27 AM
Heir Apparent

I must admit I'm totally bemused about the train/veil - or veils/trains ...??

Is this Armani's way of introducing a new fashion?
Old 07-05-2011, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

The main train was detached when they entered the Palace Chapel because by the time they got to the alter to sign the register it was gone!
Old 07-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Courtier

The train wasn't gone, it was still there but the bridesmaid did a horrible job and never put the train good so that it would be open and wide behind the bride... I also think the fabric of the dress and the fabric of the carpet didn't work good together.

In the beginning of the ceremony you also see that witness Donatella wants to arrange the shorter train (bottom of the dress) behind Charlene but that the bridesmaid allready put down the longer train (emerging from the shoulder part). I think that's the reason the 2 trains looked so oddly arranged.

The veil was lifted by Charlene herself when giving peace (kissing Albert). Normally it's done after they exchange rings, but I suppose they forgot.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:29 PM
Serene Highness

IMO there was something ethereal about PC under that veil. I watched the wedding live as I did with Kate Middleton but there was something a bit more special about this one. When I saw Kate I thought how lovely the dress was, although I don't like any bride with hair hanging down. It was so pretty and romantic. BUT, when I saw Charlene I was knocked sideways and maybe this is what other posters on the forum are getting at. Charlene was so lovely that she seemed to be beyond lovley, she was breathtaking. Did anyone else see it that way?

BTW I am only two years older than PC and I had the same pre-wedding pics taken on my wedding day, it's all part of the fun! Yes it's a Royal Wedding but on a human level the bride is having some pampering with her girlfriends like any bride and I don't see any harm.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:48 PM
Aristocracy

Sparkling Headpiece

Some of my favourite things about a Royal Wedding is admiring the Jewels!
I adored the understated elegance of the lovely diamond headpiece in Princess Charlene's hair, very romantic, pretty & "Royal-looking" = good choice!
Old 07-05-2011, 09:00 PM
Heir Apparent

At first I did'nt like her dress but then it really did grow on me!I love the neckline and the details on her dress.I love the gown,even if it took a couple of days to love it!
Old 07-05-2011, 09:41 PM
Aristocracy

I have to say that all throughout this wedding celebration, it is her total look at the brunch the day after the wedding that I find most beautiful.

The cut of the gown is very flattering -- she really looks feminine and totally captures her form without emphasizing her broad shoulders. This style would have been perfect I think for the wedding dinner/banquet. And that new tiara/headpiece would have stood out more with this hair because the diamonds would have been more emphasized.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:48 PM
Aristocracy

I think Charlene was absolutely stunning at the religious ceremony. That dress was superb and the veil with the brooches in her hair could not have been any more gorgeous. Ah, Armani is a master. Loved, loved , loved the trains - I see I'm in the minority there, but I thought they provided drama and also added a unique touch to her dress.

Best of all, she didn't look like anyone else! I see some people find a resemblance to CP Victoria, but barring an off the shoulder neckline, I just don't see it, myself.

Charlene looked original, yet traditional - and this is going in the top two of my favourite royal wedding gowns. We won't be seeing too many high street knock offs of this one - too difficult with the double train! And the embroidery! The brooches in her hair were magnificent, too.

I think they looked very much in love.

As for the civil ceremony - the less said about that outfit, the better. LOL! But at least she made up for it the next day!