The Emir Father Sheikh Hamad & Sheikha Mozah Current Events 1: June 2013 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
the Emir father Sheikh Hamad & Sheikha Mozah
Current Events Part 1

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules & FAQs
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal and Ruling Families of the Gulf States Moderators

Last edited:
Qatar's ex-ruler is now 'the Emir father'

...“The decree set the official title of former Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani as the Emir father,” the official Qatari news agency (QNA) said...

Article

i guess that sheikha mozah's title will not change? will she still perform royal duties or will she be replaced by one of her daughters in law?

i guess that sheikha mozah's title will not change? will she still perform royal duties or will she be replaced by one of her daughters in law?

Sheikha Mozah didn't really have a title except for Sheikha which is given to any commoner married to a Sheikh. That title will stay. As for duties, she hold many positions that she can still hold without being first lady like, education, UN, the museum etc.

It's only a matter of time if we see one of the Emir's 2 wives take up more activities or not.

Here is an interesting article on Sheikha Mozah after the abdication.

Sheikha Mozah is involved with several issues and have alot of patronages in Qatar and around the world so i cant see Sheikha Mozah leaving all this and just vanish Imo.

... [snipped] It's only a matter of time if we see one of the Emir's 2 wives take up more activities or not. ... [snipped]
I fully agree with you. Sheikha Mozah will likely participate in her current projects. When and if Sheikh Tamim decides to give one of his spouses a more prominent public role, Sheikha Mozah will have to take a back seat. It is a natural way of things.

I fully agree with you. Sheikha Mozah will likely participate in her current projects. When and if Sheikh Tamim decides to give one of his spouses a more prominent public role, Sheikha Mozah will have to take a back seat. It is a natural way of things.

I don't see her taking back a seat with her projects bit maybe she won't be taking on new projects. I see new projects going to one or both wives. Maybe each wife will focus on something.

Qatar appoints first female envoy
DOHA: Qatar yesterday appointed its first woman ambassador in the person of Sheikha Moza bint Nasser bin Ahmed bin Ali Al Thani. The Emir H H Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani yesterday issued Emiri decision No 89 of 2013 appointing Sheikha Moza bint Nasser bin Ahmed bin Ali Al Thani as Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Ambassador to Croatia.

i have a question regarding sheikh mozah and the former prime minister relationship. is it true that they do not get on well?

i have a question regarding sheikh mozah and the former prime minister relationship. is it true that they do not get on well?
according to several sources yes,they are not best friends some even said this is why she push Hamad to abdicate for his son because she was to afraid of Jassem influence i Qatar.

Sheikha Mozah is back
Sheikha Moza meets Duke of York
DOHA: HH the Chairperson of Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development Sheikha Moza bint Nasser met at Qatar National Convention Centre today with HRH Duke of York Prince Andrew, on the occasion of his visit to the country to attend the opening ceremony of London College in Qatar.

UCL Qatar formally opens in Doha
University College London Qatar (UCL Qatar) - the first ever campus to be set up at Education City, Doha by a UK university - was formally inaugurated by Her Highness Sheikha Moza bint Nasser, Chairperson of Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development, at a ceremony in the Qatar National Convention Centre, Doha on 10 September.

it's great to see Sheikha Mozah again out and about I am looking forward to her visit to US.

it's great to see Sheikha Mozah again out and about I am looking forward to her visit to US.

Yes cant wait too! It's nice to see her still active and travelling.

Qatar's Sheikha Moza to receive award from George Bush
Article

Sheikha Moza visits Xikrin community school
HH Sheikha Moza bint Nasser attending a lesson with children from the indigenous Xikrin community in Brazil’s Amazonian region. She was on a fact-finding mission to learn about educational approaches in isolated and indigenous communities. The Educate A Child programme founded by HH Sheikha Moza in 2012, is exploring opportunities to support access and quality of primary education in the region using new technological approaches, in partnership with regional and local partners

:previous:
Articles with Photos:
Sheikha Moza accepts Bush Award for public service excellence
HH Sheikha Moza bint Nasser, chairperson of Qatar Foundation (QF), has accepted the George Bush Award for Excellence in Public Service, given by the George Bush Presidential Library Foundation in recognition of her “devoted promotion of peace and human development throughout the world”

Sheikha Moza receives George Bush Award
“I’m fully aware of the prestige the University of Texas A & M has in your heart,” said Sheikha Moza, noting that such a university “has much contributed to the social and economic developments in our country, Qatar, through 300 male graduates or 550 current students who are contributing to building our nation’s industry and infrastructure”.

Lovely pictures. So nice to see Sheikha Mozah. I don't believe she attended the UN General Assembly this year?

Shaikha Mozah is indeed an interesting character for her extravagant dressing style and high public profile around the world. However what makes her even more special is the fact that she has been the wife of an Emir then the mother of an Emir! Frankly I never heard of anything like this throughout a History. Can anyone correct me if a precedent existed, even 1000 years ago?

Sheikha Mozah didn't really have a title except for Sheikha which is given to any commoner married to a Sheikh. That title will stay. As for duties, she hold many positions that she can still hold without being first lady like, education, UN, the museum etc. It's only a matter of time if we see one of the Emir's 2 wives take up more activities or not. Here is an interesting article on Sheikha Mozah after the abdication.

We can't read this article, you have to have a subscription. What is the summary of the text?

However what makes her even more special is the fact that she has been the wife of an Emir then the mother of an Emir! Frankly I never heard of anything like this throughout a History. Can anyone correct me if a precedent existed, even 1000 years ago?

Well,to me it is similar to being the wife of a king and later the mother of the new king,to me it does not sound that unusual... In Jordan,Morocco,Oman etc. you can see the same thing - the wife of the monarch (wheter he is called King,Emir or anything else) usually gives birth to the next Emir/King... :flowers:

Well,to me it is similar to being the wife of a king and later the mother of the new king,to me it does not sound that unusual... In Jordan,Morocco,Oman etc. you can see the same thing - the wife of the monarch (wheter he is called King,Emir or anything else) usually gives birth to the next Emir/King... :flowers:

Oman? I thought their king is still single? Right?

:previous: No he's been married since 1976

In 1976 Sultan Qaboos bin Saeed al Said married his cousin, Nawwal bint Tariq ibn Taymur. As far as I know the marriage ended shortly in divorce and the Sultan has been unmarried ever since. The divorced couple have no children.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom