Sheikha Mozah, Wife of the Emir, News and Events 1: 2003 - 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
samira said:
Her beautiful son Sheikh Jassim. :)
Coowee! He looks like a Bollywood actor!!:p

Attachments

• jassim1.bmp
    99.6 KB · Views: 361
El Jood said:
What we heared is that Sh. Jassim didn't want to be a crown prince anymore after a few years of being crown prince because he couldn't accept his mum out in media
and that when he gets married his wife is going to be in media thats why he resigned and his brother SH. Tameem took over
I think the situation was much more complex than that. I doubt he would give up his claim to the throne just because he didn't like mummy out in public. If it bothered him that much, he could overthrow daddy and put mummy back under house arrest. :p Besides, Sheikha Mouza had been out and about for a LONG time, she just hadn't been photographed until 2 years ago.
The Emir's 2 older sons had no interest in being CP, thats why it got passed to Jassim. Maybe he really just didn't want to be CP and saw it as a temporary job until his younger brother had completed his training. Its not exactly "fun" being the ruler of a country, and it seemed to me that Sheikh Jassim lacked his father's aggressiveness.
BTW, where did you hear this? Are you from Qatar?

I agree, this theory doesn't make any sense to me either. A member of the Royals (the other forum) also told me Mishaal and Fahd declined to ascend the throne so Jassem became the Crown Prince. Jassem did enjoy his position and is reported to have asked his father to grant him more power but the Emir said no. He also disliked the foreign minister I think and was dissatisfied with how much influence he had, especially over his own father, the Emir. I don't know what was the final straw for Jassem but I do think he would have made a better CP than Tamim.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, I read an article where the Emir was quoted as saying that his biggest fear was that one of his sons would eventually come up to him and say, Dad you're getting too old, you're not running the country properly (or something along those lines). Maybe Jassim did want more powers, but I really don't know. Aside from protecting the environment, I don't think he chairs any commitees or anything does he? Tamim was a lot more involved than Jassim even when Tamim wasn't CP. Plus, I think Jassim is very media shy where as Tamim seems to enjoy the spotlight. BTW, why do you think Jassim would have made a better CP? Tamim hasn't been CP for too long, so I don't really have an opinion of him, but he seems to be doing OK so far.
Royal Family drama aside, I DO think that Qatar has made A LOT more progress than the other arab countries. :)

A brief history and genealogy of Qatar's Al-Thani Dynasty:

http://www.4dw.net/royalark/Qatar/qatar.htm

According to this source, Sheikha Mooza Al-Misnad (Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thaniwas's second wife) was born in 1959., H.H. Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al-Thani (Renounced his rights in favour of his younger brother, 5th August 2003.) - born at Doha, 25th August 1978 and his younger brother H.H. Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani - was born in 1979.

Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani has 10 sons - Mishal, Fahad, Jasim, Tamimn, Khalid, Muhammad, Joa'an, Khalifa, 'Abdu'llah ant Thani.

More details can be found at:

http://www.4dw.net/royalark/Qatar/qatar4.htm

I think tamim will do a good job as a crown prince, but i just think he needs some more time to adjust to his new role. Jasim to me looked like a person who was good but had other plans.

Guess Who said:
I think tamim will do a good job as a crown prince, but i just think he needs some more time to adjust to his new role. Jasim to me looked like a person who was good but had other plans.
Like what?

Akilah said:
Like what?
I THINK he wasnt ready to be a crown prince, he seemed like a person who wants to be free and do what he wants..hang out more with friends etcc. he also wanted more power, but didnt get it, that could say that he has plans he wants to do but cant, so as he isnt a CP anymore he can do them

Qatar: Sheikha Mozah, wife of the Emir

Well since the old on eis closed I'll start a new one. But I really draw alot of inspiration from this woman. I like how she is powerful in presenting her ideas and concerns for her ppl, but yet is so modest, beautiful, and a good model of a wife, mother, and royal. I definitely consider her as someone I can look up to.

Here is a new (official) site that has been launched. I just found out about it. http://www.mozahbintnasser.com.qa. Enjoy.

From Gulfnews:

Website dedicated to Qatar Emir's wife is launched By Barbara Bibbo', Correspondent Doha: Web users who want to know more about Qatar and its leadership can log on to a new website www.mozahbintnasser.com.qa.

The website is the first to be dedicated to the accomplishments and vision of Shaikha Mozah Bint Nasser Al Misnad, wife of His Highness Hamad Bin Khalifa Al Thani.

The website is in three languages - Arabic, English and French - and is a useful tool to learn more about Shaikha Mozah, Qatar's most active figure in education, health and human rights. It is also an important means of understanding the numerous developments taking place in Qatar.

The website was launched on Sunday at Qatar Foundation headquarters, a non-profit organisation intended to promote quality education under the guidance of Shaikha Mozah.

Abdullah Al Kubaisi, director of the office of Shaikha Mozah, inaugurated the site.

"We are overwhelmed with telephone calls and requests from across the world about Shaikha Mozah's activities and commitments," Al Kubaisi said.

"The website will now help us to provide updated information to the people all over the world," he added.

Al Kubaisi said the website offers extensive information about Shaikha Mozah's activities in various organisations, including the Qatar Foundation, Qatar's Supreme Council for Family Affairs, Supreme Education Council and Unesco's International Fund for Iraqi Higher Education.

It provides information about her projects in education, health, family and culture at the national and international levels, her daily activities, her most recent speeches and a timeline for her engagements, he said.

However, one of its most important features is the possibility to contact the Shaikha's office by sending a personalised message. "The website is designed as a means to communicate with the people not only in Qatar, but all over the world and get feedback. It provides room for criticism and suggestions," he added.

It also offers a chance to post messages to Shaikha Mozah and encourages the web users to send remarks and queries.

Visitors can also join a secure mailing list for regular updates.

"Maybe in the future," Al Kubaisi said, "the website could become an interactive tool between Shaikha and people who can get direct replies from her office."

I had a look at the site - very interesting!! While Shaikha Mozah is probably not as well known as many other royals, she works just as hard for her country and region - I wish she received more recognition. :)
P.S. Any recent pics of her handsome sons? :D

Last edited:
SHe sure does work hard. And her sons her sooo cute. I really like this family. no infighting or betrayals and no jealousy for the #1 spot-unliek some other royal families

Hey. thanks for posting her new official website. I wasn't even aware that she had one. I'm so amazed at how beautiful she is. Her site is so classy. In a day when glamour and glitz is what's "hot", its good to see a woman maintaining her values. I like the way the site doesn't have a lot of pictures of her...it's all about the issues that she values. It's not a "LOOK AT ME!" site. :)

I am proud of her as well, however, I wonder what her son Jassim must think of this.

Hmm, even if it's true that Jassim doesn't like his mother out and about in public, he's probably still proud of all she's achieving (in her quiet, modest way). :)

Sheika Mozah in the news

from lahamag

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 993
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    13.9 KB · Views: 7,851
Make IT accessible to the masses: Expert
Web posted at: 3/10/2005 3:45:29
Source ::: THE PENINSULA
Charles Thorpe, Dean, CMUQ speaking at the symposium as Randal E Bryant looks on. Inset: Dr Raj Reddy.
DOHA: The notion that IT is the monopoly of private sector and free market economy should change for the benefits of information revolution to reach the common masses in the third world countries, according to Dr Raj Reddy, a well-known US-based IT expert.

Reddy was speaking at a leadership symposium organised by the Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar (CMUQ) at the Diplomatic Club yesterday.

Reddy, the Simon University professor of Computer Science and Robotics from the School of Computer Science, will be the first recipient of Qatar Foundation’s faculty endowed chair, instituted in honour of H H Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser Al Missned. The award named Mozah bint Nasser Chair of Computer Science and Robotics will be presented to Reddy at a grand ceremony to be held at the Education City this evening.

Speaking on the topic “Grand challenges in IT for the emerging economies” Reddy said governments of the developing countries should take the initiative to create an IT infrastructure in villages in the same way they build roads and electricity net works.

“Think about a situation where five private companies are competing to establish five separate fiber connections to the same village. It will be a total waste,” he said, while calling for a change in the attitude about the role of public sector in IT.

He said the major challenge for the emerging economies is the universal availability, accessibility and affordability of information and communication technologies to the four billion people who subsist on less than $2,000 per year.

The real challenge is how to make this technology simple as well as affordable to the common masses. It should not cost more than five per cent of their daily income. The technology should be made simple so that even an illiterate person would be able to use it, Reddy said. “If we ask the right questions we can find the answers which will radically change the lives of millions of people in the world,” he stressed.

Charles Thorpe, dean, CMUQ, in his presentation on the “Future of robotics”, explained how robotics technology is helping in solving real world problems such as search and rescue in dangerous places like mines and control of complex mechanism. An expert in robotics, Thorpe cited several examples to highlight the role played by the Robotics Institute in Carnegie Mellon, Pittsburg, in developing robotic solutions.

With the support of graphics and pictures, he explained how robots can be used in education, elderly care, sports and entertainment. He noted that road accidents could be reduced by the use of robotic technology in vehicles, by installing censors that will alert the drivers when there is the danger of an accident.

Pradeep Khosla in his speech outlined ways to make computing more secure, trustworthy and sustainable. Kenneth R Koedinger, associate professor of Human Computer Interaction Institute and Joel Smith, vice provost and chief information officer, also spoke at the session which was titled, “The role of information technology in education.” Randal E Bryant was the moderator at the session.

Speakers at a simultaneous session held on the title “Managing in a global market,” were R Ravi, professor of Operations Research and Computer Science, Lester Lave, professor of economics and director, Green Design Institute, Sunder Kekre, director of E-business Innovation, and Duane Seppi, professor of Financial Economics. The symposium was part of two-day inaugural celebrations of CMUQ which concludes today with gala evening function.

Attachments

• 2_67601_1_205.jpg
    2_67601_1_205.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,698
Sheikha Mozah donates money paid by UK daily to charity
Web posted at: 3/13/2005 4:49:43
Source ::: QNA

LONDON: H H Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser Al Missned, wife of the Emir H H Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, has given an additional financial donation to the London-based Medical Aid Authority for Palestinians. H H Sheikha Mozah has also decided to give the money paid to her by London-based Al Zaman newspaper as a moral compensation (damages) as a further donation to the same authority.

A team of lawyers, who represented H H Sheikha Mozah in her damages claim against the newspaper, gave the cheque on behalf of H H Sheikha Mozah to UK-based authority officials during the latter’s fund-raising ceremony in favour of charity projects for Palestinians in the occupied territories and Lebanon.

In a speech, a lawyer for H H Sheikha Mozah, said the charity gesture was not new as Her Highness has donated before to a number of charity projects for Palestinians including a project to support Palestinian female students to study at private and government universities in Lebanon.

Speakers at the ceremony included Lord David Steel, the former chairman of the authority, who was also leader of the British Liberal party; the current president of the authority Helenia Kenney, who is a prominent member at the British House of Lords; British actress Vanessa Redgrave; and the Palestinian ambassador to Britain .

The London-based Medical Aid Authority for Palestinians was founded in 1984 in the wake of Sabra and Chatillah massacres in Lebanon. It provides medical and health services for Palestinians in the West Bank’s isolated areas which were created by Israel as security measures. The authority’s foundation was supervised by British political figures advocated to Arabs and their causes.

News in Brief: Sheikha Mozah’s donation hailed
Web posted at: 3/17/2005 3:40:47
Source ::: Agencies

DOHA: The Embassy of Palestine in Doha has praised the donation presented recently by H H Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser Al Missned, wife of the Emir, to the London-based Medical Aid Authority for Palestinians. A press statement by the embassy said Sheikha Mozah has added a new chapter of her good deeds and charity acts especially in assisting the Palestinians out of her sincere feelings towards the painful situation and sufferings of the Palestinians inside Lebanon and inside the occupied Palestinian territory. The embassy, on behalf of all Palestinians, thanked Sheikha Mozah for the gesture.

KatieLouise said:
Does anyone know what event this was?

Katie it´s the 5th Open Women's Tennis Championship.

Qatar Leadership Academy launched
Web posted at: 4/27/2005 7:14:49
Source ::: The Peninsula
1qatarlea.jpg
H E Sheikh Jouan bin Hamad

DOHA: H E Sheikh Jouan bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Qatar Leadership Academy (QLA), yesterday announced its launch.

The first institution of its kind to be establsihed in the entire Middle East, the Acadmey’s motto is: “Shaping tomorrow’s generation today”. The unique building of the Academy is located in a huge campus in Al Khor.

The Academy is set to welcome the first batch of students in September this year, HE Sheikh Jouan disclosed at a press conference held in the Education City here yesterday.

The Academy is being established as a partnership between the Qatar Foundation and the Qatar Armed Forces. It will function in collaboration with the US-based St John’s Northwest Military Academy, Aspire Academy and the International Baccalaureate Organisation.

Addressing the press conference, H E Sheikh Jouan said, the idea of the project was inspired by the vision of the Emir H H Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, Heir Apparent H H Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, and H H Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser Al Missned, wife of the Emir and chairperson of the Qatar Foundation.

“The project is inspired by our determination to develop our country,” HE Sheikh Jouan said. The objective of the Academy is to promote all-round personality development of youth- Qataris as well as non-Qataris — aged between 11 and 18 years, by training them in fields such as academics, sports and leadership. “It is important to inculcate in the youth a sense of leadership,” he stressed.

The Academy is a new concept and will complement the several developmental projects in the country in the field of education. Mohammed Ali Al Henzab, director of Operations at Qatar Foundation, said the establishment of the Academy is a result of a close coordination between the Qatar Armed Forces and the Qatar Foundation.

Qatar provides all care for people with special needs, says Minister
Web posted at: 4/4/2005 2:59:6 Source ::: QNA

DOHA: The Minister of Civil Service Affairs and Housing H E Sheikh Falah bin Jassem bin Jabor Al Thani has stressed that Qatar provides all possible care for the welfare of the people with special needs and builds bridges of integration between them and other categories of the society out of the belief of the need to activate their role in the development process and making a better future for them.

In a preface to the April edition of the Civil Service Magazine, H E the Minister said the state of Qatar, under the leadership of H H the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Kahlifa Al Thani and H H the Heir Apparent Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, has been keen to provide the proper climate and facilities for the welfare of the people with special needs by issuing legislations to protect their full rights and supporting civil community institutions which are working for the welfare of this category and qualifying them through numerous programmes to activate their role in the society.

The minister also highlighted the active role by H H Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser Al Missned, who is also the chairperson of the Supreme Council for Family Affairs, in providing special services and care for this category of the society.

The Minister also underlined his ministry’s efforts for programmes and activities for rehabilitation and reintegration of the people with special needs.

Doha international meet on ageing begins today
Web posted at: 4/4/2005 2:52:43 Source ::: QNA

DOHA: Under the patronage of H H Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser Al Missned, the chairperson of the Supreme Council for Family Affairs (SCFA), the Doha international conference on ageing is to commence at Ritz-Carlton Hotel here today.

The SCFA Secretary-General Abdulah bin Nasser Al Khalifa said the conference would discuss a wide range of topics pertaining to the elderly care.

Addressing a press conference at the Ritz Carlton Hotel here yesterday, Al Khalifa said among the topics is a religious session connected with issues of the elderly in the light of the teachings of the Quran and teachings and deeds of Prophet Mohammad, peace be upon him, the applied cases of care for the elderly in Islamic community, and issues of the elderly in the light of Islamic, Jewish and Christian scriptures.

Other topics include the social topic insurance and its role for the care of the elderly as far as the health and psychological aspects are concerned plus the health topic which deals with due care of the elderly from the physical point of view.

This is in addition to the cultural and media topic which deals with the historical dimensions in caring for the elderly and their status in Arab culture, the elderly cultural needs and the role of clubs and cultural societies for the care of the elderly, the SCFA secretary general Abdullah Al Khalifa told reporters here.

Orphans Day on April 1
Web posted at: 3/28/2005 2:14:46 Source ::: The Peninsula

Doha: Qatar Orphans Foundation (QOF) will observe the Orphans Day on April 1.

The Foundation will visit Omar bin Khattab complex and Ali bin Abdullah private school on Thursday to highlight the foundation’s goals and welfare activities, a local Arabic daily Al Sharq said.

QOF’s inauguration in July 2003 was the outcome of the vision of H H Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser Al Missned, Chief of the Supreme Council of Family Affairs, to pursue welfare activities for orphans and unadopted children. The foundation is involved in many humanitarian activities to ensure a decent life to these children providing them shelters, health services, counseling sessions and other basic amenities.

Award for Sheikha Mozah
spacer.gif
Published: Monday, 2 May, 2005, 12:03 PM Doha TimeKUWAIT: The award conferred on HH Sheikha Mozah Nasser al-Misnad, wife of HH the Emir, by the Arabic edition of Newsweek magazine was received yesterday by Qatar’s Ambassador to Kuwait Abdulaziz Saad al-Fuhaid.

The award was given in recognition of Sheikha Mozah’s role in the fields of health, education and women’s progress.

Kuwaiti Prime Minister Sheikh Sabah al-Ahmed al-Jaber al-Sabah presented the Newsweek awards at a ceremony at the Marriott Hotel attended by ministers, senior Kuwaiti officials and media representatives. A citation listing Sheikha Mozah’s accomplishments was presented.

The editorial staff of the Arabic Newsweek selected her among 43 Arab personalities who have made significant contributions in the fields of investment, human rights, media, sports and arts. - QNA

Attachments

• 2_75617_1_206.jpg
    2_75617_1_206.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 3,717
News in Brief: Sheikha Mozah honoured
Web posted at: 5/2/2005 6:54:36

KUWAIT: Newsweek magazine (Arabic) yesterday honoured H H Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser Al Missned, wife of the Emir, with an award in recognition of her role in health, education and women spheres. The award was received by Qatar’ Ambassador to Kuwait H E Abdul Aziz Saad Al Fehaid from Kuwaiti Prime Minister Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmed Al Jaber Al Sabah here yesterday. The ceremony was attended by a number of their excellencies the ministers, senior Kuwaiti officials as well as a large number of media persons from the Arab world. At the outset of the ceremony, which was hosted at Marriott Hotel Kuwait, a citation of accomplishments by Sheikha Mozah in these fields were presented. It is worth mentioning that the editorial staff of Arabic version of Newsweek magazine has selected Sheikha Mozah among 43 Arab personalities who have made accompli-shments in fields of investment, human rights, media, art, sports and arts.

Sheikha inaugurates Diplomatic Bazaar
Web posted at: 5/2/2005 6:51:33
Source ::: The Peninsula
4bazzaaar.jpg
Visitors at various stalls at the Diplomatic Bazaar at the Qatar International Exhibition Centre yesterday.

Doha: Sheikha Noor bint Abdul Aziz bin Abdullah Al Subae, the wife of H E Hamad bin Jassim bin Jabor Al Thani, the First Deputy Premier and Foreign Minister, inaugurated the sixth annual Diplomatic Bazaar here yesterday at the Qatar International Exhibition Centre.

A large number of visitors from different nationalities, including Qatari nationals, enjoyed the first day of the event.
The Bazaar, a worldwide civilisations gathering, witnessed participants' introductions of establishments of public benefit, banking and educational services being provided in Qatar, handicraft items from Italy and India, jewellery from India, Lebanon, Bahrain, UAE, Qatar and Jordan, and many other specialities of the world.

Regional dishes, silvers, precious stones, sculptures, potteries, cotton clothes, embroideries and portraits from all participants countries were the centres of attractions in the Bazaar.
Besides, the National Human Rights Committee (NHRC) was also participating to highlight its objective amongst visitors.

The event is being organised by the Social Development Centre (SDC), a non-profit social and developmental organisation, operating under the patronage of H H Sheikha Mouzah bint Nasser Al Misnad, the wife of the Emir.
The proceeds of the Bazaar will go to the Al Berr Endowment Compound, a residential complex project of SDC aimed at supporting low-income families, establishment of training and pre-qualification centre and creating of job opportunities. The total estimated cost of the project is QR17.72m. Twenty four embassies are participating in the Bazaar, which ends tomorrow.

h.h the emir and his consort witness graduation of sheikha al-

h.h the emir and his consort witness graduation of sheikha al-
mayyassa
north carolina, may 16 (qna)- hh the emir sheikh hamad bin
khalifa
al thani and the consort of hh the emir hh sheikha mouza bint nasser
al misned monday witnessed the graduation ceremony of h.e. Sheikha al
mayyassa bint hamad bin khalifa al thani .
the graduation ceremony, held at duke university, north carolina

last night, was attended by hh sheikh jassem bin hamad al thani, h.e.
sheikha hussa bint hamad bin khalifa al thani, and h.e. Sheikha hind
bint hamad
bin khalifa al thani.
the graduation was also attended by h.e. First deputy premier and
foreign minister h.e sheikh hamad bin jassem bin jabor al thani ,
chief of the emiri diwan h.e. Sheikh abdulrahman bin saud al thani,
and president of qatar university h.e. Dr. Sheikha abdullah al
misned.

qna 1745 gmt 16/05/05

Sheikha Mozah arrives in France

News in Brief: Sheikha Mozah arrives in France
Web posted at: 6/18/2005 2:47:36

Nice: H H Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser Al Missned, wife of H H the Emir and head of the Qatar Foundation of Education, Science and Community Development, arrived yesterday night on a visit to France. Sheikha Mozah is here for a three-day visit at the invitation of the Paris-based Institute of Mediterranean and National Institution for Political Science to take part in the Euro-Gulf forum on human development which will be held under the auspecies of French President Jacques Chirac from June 16 through 19. Sheikha Mozah will give a speech at the main closing session on education and on the vision of Qatar on relation between education and human development. Sheikha Mozah will also shed light on the bases of educational partnership inside the community or between communities in general in order to achieve peace, justice and human rights. This year’s forum is designed to promote cooperation between Europe and the Gulf in political, security, and economic fields with special emphasis on education. The forum will attract decision makers, academic institutions, businessmen and media in Europe and the Gulf.

hh sheikha mozah s address to euro-gulf forum/editorials
qna 0002 gen
hh sheikha mozah s address to euro-gulf forum/editorials
doha, june 19 (qna) - two qatari papers editorially
today hailed the address made by h.h. Sheikh mozah bint
nasser al-misnad, wife of h.h. The emir and chairperson
of qatar foundation for education, science and community
development, at the euro-gulf forum for human development
held at the french city of menton yesterday.
the arabic al-watan and al-sharq newspapers highlighted
h.h. Sheikha mozah s emphasis on the fact that arab-islamic
culture is tolerant and open enough to keep pace with the
modern requirements of the new globalized world and
that the so-called gap between the east and the west is
mainly due to some erroneous typecast ideas propagated
in the west about muslim communities.
in its editorial published here today, the arabic al-watan
newspaper highly lauded the wisdom and the open-mindedness
with which h.h. Sheikh mozah bin nasser al-misnad presented
qatar s orientation to progress, especially her assertion
that modern qatar views the human person as the key maker
and beneficiary of the current drive for modernity and
progress.
for this reason, the state of qatar has launched an exemplary
educational development drive with a view to arm the younger
generation with the necessary tools of progress, by accessing
them to most modern outputs of science and technology and
at the same time teach them how to preserve the rich heritage
of their ancestors, the paper concluded. (more)
zs/
qna 0603 gmt 19/06/05

Attachments

• 77705.jpg
    77705.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 642
  • 2_41209_1_248.jpg
    2_41209_1_248.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 1,282
Sheikha Mozah

Attachments

• 2_41677_1_248.jpg
    2_41677_1_248.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 1,493
  • 1sheikhamou.jpg
    1sheikhamou.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 1,143
Syrian First Lady visits Education City
Published: Thursday, 30 June, 2005, 12:48 PMDoha Time
Staff Reporter
SYRIAN President Bashar Assad’s wife Asma yesterday toured Qatar Foundation’s EducationCity as the guest of HH Sheikha Mozah Nasser al-Misnad, wife of HH the Emir and QF chair.
The Syrian First Lady, accompanied by HH Sheikha Mozah, was welcomed by QF board of directors vice chairman Dr Saif al-Hajari, board member and
University of Qatar president Dr Sheikha al-Misnad and board member Dr Fathy Saoud.
Dr al-Hajari gave the visiting dignitary a presentation on QF’s strategies for transforming
Qatar into a knowledge-based society.
EducationCity, an 8mn sq m campus on the outskirts of Doha, is envisioned as a centre for world-class higher education and cutting edge research.
Asma Assad toured the facilities of
WeillCornellMedicalCollege, one of the five renowned universities with branch campuses in EducationCity.
The Syrian First Lady also visited the Social Development Centre, another member of QF, and received presentations on the work of the Supreme Council for Family Affairs and the Family Consultancy Centre.

Attachments

• 1sheikhaa.jpg
    1sheikhaa.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 1,198
  • 2_42682_1_248.jpg
    2_42682_1_248.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 1,462
  • gfgfrt.jpg
    gfgfrt.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 2,795
Status