Ruling Family of Qatar: Al Thani Dynasty, News and Current Events 1: 2005-2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HH the Emir Meets Palestinian President

Doha, October 30 (QNA) - HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani met on Sunday afternoon at the Emiri Diwan Office with the Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas and the accompanying delegation, currently visiting Qatar to take part in the Arab Peace Initiative Committee meeting.

QNA | News | HH the Emir Meets Palestinian President

HH the Emir Meets Lebanese Minister of Foreign Affairs and Emigrants

Doha, October 30 (QNA) - HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani met this morning at the Emiri Diwan Office with the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Emigrants of Lebanon, Dr. Adnan Mansour, who is visiting Qatar to take part in the Arab Peace Initiative Committee meeting.

http://www.qnaol.net/QNAEn/News_bulletin/News/Pages/11-10-30-1505_166_0044.aspx

Last edited:
HH the Emir Meets Al-Ghannoshi

Doha, October 31 (QNA) - HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani met on Monday at the Emiri Diwan Office with reverent sheikh Rashid Al-Ghannoshi, Head of the Tunisian Renaissance ( al-Nahdah) Movement, and his accompanying delegation who called on HH the Emir on the occasion of their visit to Qatar.

QNA | News | HH the Emir Meets Al-Ghannoshi

HH the Emir Inaugurates New Session of Advisory Council

Doha, November 01 (QNA) - HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani inaugurated on Tuesday morning the 40th ordinary session of the Advisory Council at its premises. The inaugural ceremony was attended by HH the Heir Apparent Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani .

After reciting verses from the Holy Qur''an, HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani delivered a speech to mark the occasion. HH the Emir declared the opening of the 40th session of the Advisory Council, saying: "It gives me pleasure to meet with you as we have used to do every year at the beginning of your legislative session, wishing you success in your important task as per the constitution on which the State of institutions and law is based, with your focus on our national interests, our human values and the National Vision of Qatar which is aimed at achieving the interest of the Qatari citizen in sustainable development."

Read : http://www.qnaol.net/QNAEn/Local_News/Politics2/Pages/HHtheEmirInauguratesNewSessionof01112011.aspx

pictures

http://www.qnaol.net/QNAHotNewsPictureLibrary/QNA_E-mirShoura213601112011.jpg
http://www.qnaol.net/QNAHotNewsPictureLibrary/QNA_-EmirShoura213601112011.jpg
http://www.qnaol.net/QNAHotNewsPictureLibrary/QNA_EmirShou-ra213601112011.jpg

Last edited:
Al-Jazeera Media Network Marks 15th Anniversary of its Launch

Doha, November 01 (QNA) - HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, and HH Sheikha Moza bint Nasser attended this evening the celebration marking the 15th Al-Jazeera Media network anniversary. The ceremony was also attended by HE Sheikh Hamad bin Thamer Al Thani, Al-Jazeera Board Chairman, and Sheikh Ahmed bin Jassim Al Thani, Director General of Al-Jazeera Media network.

QNA | Culture | Al-Jazeera Media Network Marks 15th Anniversary of its Launch

Last edited:
Qatar to hold parliamentary elections in 2013

DOHA: Qatar will hold Advisory Council (parliamentary) elections in the second half of 2013, The Emir, H H Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, said this morning.
“We implemented the Constitution and achieved most of the targets specified within it like the establishment of a Constitutional Court and holding the municipal council elections,” the Emir said.

HH the Emir Meets ISESCO Director General

Doha, November 02 (QNA) - HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani on Wednesday met at his Emiri Diwan Office with the visiting Director-General of the Islamic Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (ISESCO), Dr. Abdulaziz Othman Altwaijri. Talks during the meeting dealt with bilateral ties between the State of Qatar and the ISESCO.

QNA | News | HH the Emir Meets ISESCO Director General

DOHA: ExxonMobil and the Qatar University together will soon begin a pilot project to train selected maths and science teachers in the country, officials said yesterday.“Definitely the Qatar University is ready to focus on developing teacher abilities. It looks at all means to empower teachers, and we need to look at practical solutions,” said Dr Shaikha bint Jabor Al Thani, Vice-President and Chief Academic Officer, Qatar University.

WISE Doha 2011 Nov 1-3: QU, ExxonMobil plan project to train maths, science teachers

The Ruling Family News during Eid Al Adha festival holiday 2011

HH the Emir Recieves Eid Al Adha Well-Wishers

Doha, November 04 (QNA) - The Emiri Diwan announces that HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al Thani will receive the Eid Al Adha well-wishers at Al Wajbah Palace in the morning of the first day as follows: Immediately after the eid prayer and till 06:45 am, HH the Emir will receive Their Excellencies sheikhs, the ministers , the advisory council speaker , the undersecretaries , the advisory council members and the citizens.

Happy Eid Al Adha:flowers:

QNA | News | HH the Emir Recieves Eid Al Adha Well-Wishers, for Local Press

I have a question. Do all the emir's children live in al wajbah palace. Also do his daughters still live there? Also how about the emir's brothers and sisters and the rest of extended family? Are there any pics of the palace I couldn't really find any. I'm sure it has enough space for the whole al thani family.

I have a question. Do all the emir's children live in al wajbah palace. Also do his daughters still live there? Also how about the emir's brothers and sisters and the rest of extended family? Are there any pics of the palace I couldn't really find any. I'm sure it has enough space for the whole al thani family.

I Think AlWajbah is a complex of palaces and also There is an AlBahr palace That it is a complex of palaces Too.

Emir to preside over gas summit in Doha
spacer.gif

Gulf Times ? Qatar?s top-selling English daily newspaper - First Page

Onenoble83- thanks you always answer my requests. Can you do me one more favor? Can you bring sheikh jassim? :D

Seriously though thank you. So all the children live there in the various complexes? I am dying to see what al wajbah looks like.

Onenoble83- thanks you always answer my requests. Can you do me one more favor? Can you bring sheikh jassim? :D

Seriously though thank you. So all the children live there in the various complexes? I am dying to see what al wajbah looks like.

You are welcome:flowers: yes they live in the various complexes .

picture published date 02/08/2011 . HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani and HH the Heir Apparent Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al Thani received at al Wajba Palace well-wishers on the occasion of advent of the holy Ramadan.

http://http://www.qnaol.net/QNAHotNewsPictureLibrary/QNA_EmirRamadan232702082011-(9).jpg

Last edited:
Advisory Council Congratulates HH the Emir on Eid al-Adha

Doha, November 05 (QNA) - HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani has received a congratulatory cable from HE the Advisory Council Speaker Mohamed bin Mubarak Al Khuleifi on the occasion of the blessed Eid al-Adha. in his behalf and on behalf of the Council'' members.

QNA | News | Advisory Council Congratulates HH the Emir on Eid al-Adha

Emir of Qatar supports animal cruelty

Thought I would let people know here, that the Emir of Qatar is supporting animal cruelty. A video has been shared on facebook the past month, showing arabian horses at the All Nations Cup in Germany, getting shanked hard, and showing obvious fear towards their handler. It is known that with the force the chain is being shanked, it can break bones.
5 of the horses in the video belongs to Al Shaqab Stud in Qatar, which is owned by HH The Emir. This treatment has been going on for several years now, and nothing has been done! What a great person HH is, to allow this treatment of his horses year after year :sad: Al Shaqab Stud has also been sponsoring these shows! and many of the other horses in the video is owned by other sheikhs from the Gulf region!

Shankers - All Nations Cup, Aachen 2011 - YouTube

No 15 - Rose Al Shaqab
No 33 - Hariry Al Shaqab
No 97 - Kahil Al Shaqab
No 110 - Padova
No 187 - Bashir Al Shaqab

Last edited:
HH the Emir Performs Eid Prayers

Doha, November 06 (QNA) - HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani performed this morning Eid Al-Adha prayers along with the loyal people at Al-Wajba praying ground. HH the Heir Apparent Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani, HH the Emir''s Personal Representative HH Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al-Thani and a number of the sons of HH the Emir performed the Eid prayers. A number of Their Excellences Sheikhs, ministers and citizens also performed the Eid prayers.:flowers:

HH the Emir Receives Well-Wishers

Doha, November 06 (QNA) - HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani received this morning at Al-Wajba Palace well-wishers on the occasion of Eid Al-Adha. After Eid prayers HH the Emir received Their Excellences Sheikhs, ministers, Advisory Council Speaker, undersecretaries, Advisory Council members and groups of citizens.
The well-wishers expressed congratulations on this happy occasion wishing the Almighty Allah to recur many happy returns and blessings to our dear people and the Arab and Islamic nation.
The audiences were attended by HH the Heir Apparent Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani and the Personal Representatives of HH the Emir HH Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al-Thani.

QNA | News | HH the Emir Receives Well-Wishers :flowers:

I saw a video last eid ul fitr of the sheikh and his family going to salatul eid on YouTube. Does anyone know if there is one for eid adha. I am sure Qatar tv shows it. I know sheikh Mohammad bin hamad posted a screen shot of the prayer. I would love to see if it if anyone has acess to it and the ardaa for eid. I would greatly appreciate it.

I saw a video last eid ul fitr of the sheikh and his family going to salatul eid on YouTube. Does anyone know if there is one for eid adha. I am sure Qatar tv shows it. I know sheikh Mohammad bin hamad posted a screen shot of the prayer. I would love to see if it if anyone has acess to it and the ardaa for eid. I would greatly appreciate it.

HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani ,HH the Heir Apparent Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani, HH the Emir's Personal Representative HH Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al-Thani and a number of the sons of HH the Emir performed this morning Eid Al-Adha prayers , you can watch the video on Qatar News Agency website .

http://www.qnaol.net/_controls/QNAVideoPlayer.aspx?CurrentSite=qnaar

Last edited:
HH the Emir Recieves Eid Al Adha Well-Wishers

Doha, November 06 (QNA) - HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al Thani received at Al Wajbah Palace here on Sunday afternoon, the Eid Al Adha well-wishers of Their Excellencies sheikhs and the citizen . The well-wishers voiced their extreme greetings and felicitations to HH the Emir on such a blessed occasion asking the Allah the Almighty for a happy recurrence of such event to our beloved people and more welfare and goodness to the arab and muslim nations. The reception was attended by HH Heir Apparent Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani.

QNA | News | HH the Emir Recieves Eid Al Adha Well-Wishers

Thanks onenoble83 like I said you're the best. I guess I have to watch it when I get home it doesn't support iPhone. Do you know if it shows sheikh jassim? I'm alreay getting excited. This is like the best eid present. Thank you onenoble83.

Thanks onenoble83 like I said you're the best. I guess I have to watch it when I get home it doesn't support iPhone. Do you know if it shows sheikh jassim? I'm alreay getting excited. This is like the best eid present. Thank you onenoble83.

you are welcome . yes it shows sheikh Jassim and sheikh Hamad Bin Tamim is sitting between his father sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad and Sheikh Jassim Bin Hamad. Sheikh Hamad bin Tamim is so handsome.:flowers:

Last edited:
Do you mean sheikh tamim bin hamad? I feel the same way about sheikh jassim. He is so handsome mashaAllah.

I mean Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad and his son Sheikh Hamad bin Tamim and also sheikh Jassim bin Hamad are so handsome MashaAllah .

Last edited:
Oh. Sorry I am so tired. Sometimes their names get me confused if I don't pay attention.
Do you know anywhere that is showing the eid adha ardaa? I would love to see it. Ardaa is be one or my favorite things to see.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don´t think that the Emir is personally responsible for the horses and he would not be smart to treat his horses cruel,because this would not only damage his reputation but also the horses, they are very sensitive animals!Especially the Arabic horses,they need to be treated with much more care than other horse types,I have experienced they are more afraid of people than others and if you shout or apply pressure and violence they won´t perform well at any competition or horse-show...These horses are usually quite expensive - anyone who treats this horses badly would also reduce the value of his "assets".
But I don´t know about the situation of Al Shaqab Stud in Qatar...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom