The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 09:06 PM
Courtier

Fighting illiteracy is crucial for a healthy society, says Mayassa
(Includes photo)

Dubai: Spreading quality education and eradicating illiteracy are vital in efforts to end violence and instability in the Asian nations, Shaikha Mayassa Bint Hamad Al Thani said...

Gulfnews: Fighting illiteracy is crucial for a healthy society, says Mayassa

Old 05-30-2007, 08:09 AM
Heir Apparent

French president Nicolas Sarkozy (L) welcomes Sheikh Hamad Ben Khalifa Al-Thani, the emir of Qatar, 30 May 2007, prior to a meeting and a lunch at the Elysee Palace in Paris. The Gulf state of Qatar signed 30 May an order for 80 Airbus A350 aircraft worth 16 billion dollars (12 billion euros).

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Old 05-31-2007, 03:02 AM
Commoner

Soms really nice pics of Sheikh Jassim Bin Hamad (Bu Moza)
http://daryqtr.com/vb/up/uploads/732cf19270.jpg
http://www.q6r.com/up/uploads/7da5a86456.jpg
http://www.q6r.com/up/uploads/3e7dcc92ad.jpg
http://www.q6r.com/up/uploads/2727d2652e.jpg
http://www.q6r.com/up/uploads/4b14f4e621.jpg

Enjoy the pics
Old 05-31-2007, 07:46 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown_samra
Soms really nice pics of Sheikh Jassim Bin Hamad (Bu Moza)
http://www.q6r.com/up/uploads/7da5a86456.jpg
http://www.q6r.com/up/uploads/2727d2652e.jpg

Enjoy the pics
Thanks for the postings, Brown Samra. The woman in these two photos...is this his wife or one of his sisters? Thanks for any info.

Mapper
Old 06-01-2007, 01:14 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hereditary Mapmaker
Thanks for the postings, Brown Samra. The woman in these two photos...is this his wife or one of his sisters? Thanks for any info.

Mapper
Nope not his wife, it is one of his siteres if am not mistaken Al Mayassa. If am wrong do correct me.

Old 07-27-2007, 02:09 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

IOL: Sheik gets kicked out of plane
Old 07-27-2007, 04:58 PM
Commoner

Yep... I have seen it too...

Riportati a terra dalla polizia
Business class mista. E i reali bloccano il volo
Rissa a Linate: l'emiro del Qatar protesta perché tre donne della sua famiglia sono costrette a sedere accanto a sconosciuti.

STRUMENTI
VERSIONE STAMPABILE

function apriInviaPagina() { var miourl=window.location.href; var miourl_s=miourl.split("&"); var loc=""; for (i in miourl_s) loc+=miourl_s[i]+"!*"; loc=loc.substr(0,loc.length-2) tit = document.title prop = "menubar=no,status=no,titlebar=no,toolbar=no,width=450,height=450,scrollbars=yes" window.open("/cf/tellafriend/form.cfm?rr="+loc+"&tit="+tit, "InviaPagina", prop); } I PIU' LETTI

INVIA QUESTO ARTICOLO

MILANO — Non tanto per la donna in sé: per dire, nel 2003, in Qatar debuttò la prima ministra d'un Paese del Golfo. È, piuttosto, per la (propria) donna con (altri) uomini nei paraggi. E se in certi posti, per esempio un aereo, e nel caso il British Airways delle 15.55 per Londra, la vicinanza è strutturale, e ci sono soltanto file di due poltrone attaccate, e non esiste il posto singolo, amen: si blocca l'aereo.

Business class mista. E i reali bloccano il volo - Corriere della Sera

They need to file a civil claim against him for the costs of all the passenegers that had to be re-accomodated.

He needs to be banned by BA from flying with them.

If the women were ill or required to sit along side their children say, I think you would have found the other passengers more than helpful, but to move from perhaps your selected seat just to comply with somebody's religious requirement no way. This man was testing the water to see if he could get away with having more seats than he paid for.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:20 PM
Nobility

It's more of BA's fault for not just setting the rules right away and not tolerating any behavior that violates the rules.

Qatar royalty cause three-hour hold up on BA flight by refusing to sit next to male passengers

A BA plane was held up for three hours by three Qatar princesses

A Qatar sheikh held up a British Airways flight at Milan's Linate airport for nearly three hours after discovering three of his female relatives had been seated next to men they did not know.

When none of the other business class passengers agreed to swap seats, the sheikh, a member of Qatar's ruling family, went to the pilot, who had already started the engine, to complain, an airport official said.
A mediation attempt was made but as the sheikh and his travelling companions - the three women, two men, a cook and a servant - refused to sit down, the pilot ordered them off the plane for safety reasons.
Qatar royalty cause three-hour hold up on BA flight by refusing to sit next to male passengers | the Daily Mail
Old 08-01-2007, 02:43 AM
Courtier

But the solution was so simple and easy- just rent the aeroplane only for them.....
Old 08-01-2007, 09:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

BBC NEWS | UK | Qatari royals halt British flight
Old 08-03-2007, 03:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertrosemrk View Post
Some pictures of Sheikh Jassim (emir son and ex apparent heir)
Salam. Maybe I miss this but may I enquire about why is Sheikh Jassim an ex Crown Prince?

Between Sheikh Jassim and Sheikh Tamim, who is the eldest?

Thanks for any answer. Shukran jazilan.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:56 PM
Commoner

Red face Sh.Ali

Sh.Ali bin Abdullah (my great great grandfather) may he rest in peace
He was the ruler of Qatar years ago...did lots of amazing things for Qatar.
I'll research it and let you know.Just thought i'd share the pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	n509471082_23472_5231.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	260682  
Old 09-24-2007, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Emir due in NY today to take part in UN meet - article

Qatar's Emir, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani, addresses the 62nd session of the United Nations General Assembly at the UN in New York 25 September 2007 (TIMOTHY A. CLARY/AFP/Getty Images)
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3

AMIR OF QATAR RECEIVES CALL FROM ERITREAN PRESIDENT - article
QATARI AMIR RECEIVES MESSAGE FROM MOROCCAN MONARCH - article

EMIR RECEIVES LEBANESE PM - article & picture
Old 10-08-2007, 09:40 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Emir outlines vision for sustainable development
Web posted at: 10/8/2007 4:3:31
Source ::: The Peninsula DOHA • The Emir, H H Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, has outlined his vision for the progress and development of the country in The Report: Emerging Qatar 2007, launched by the Oxford Business Group (OBG). In the publication, the Emir says: “Our reforms have paid great attention to the development of our social system according to a vision that make our religious and national values compatible with the spirit of the age and its requirements...”
Full article here
Old 10-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephram View Post
Salam. Maybe I miss this but may I enquire about why is Sheikh Jassim an ex Crown Prince?

Between Sheikh Jassim and Sheikh Tamim, who is the eldest?

Thanks for any answer. Shukran jazilan.
Sheikh Jassim is elder but he is not the eldest of all sons, he was crown prince but the official statement was that he no longer wanted to be the ruler of Qatar.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:09 PM
Commoner

=

=
A great interview with the Emir of Qatar HH Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani and his second wife HH Sheikha Moza bint Nasser Al-Missned
Old 10-10-2007, 03:11 PM
Commoner

Interview with Sheikha AlMayassa bint Hamad Al-Thani

=

Sheikha Sara bint Hamad Al-Thani,daughter of the Emir from his first wife Sh.Mariam Al-Thani. She is the head of the Reach Out To Asia foundation based in Qatar.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

EID PRAYER - article & picture
Emir sends greeting cable to Spanish king - article

Rights of disabled on Lakom programme
Published: Wednesday, 17 October, 2007
IN THE upcoming episode of the Lakom Al Karar programme, HE Sheikha Hissa bint Khalifa al-Thani, the Special Rapporteur of the UN Commission for social development on disability, will - article
Old 11-19-2007, 05:37 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadameConcorde View Post
Business class mista. E i reali bloccano il volo - Corriere della Sera
They need to file a civil claim against him for the costs of all the passenegers that had to be re-accomodated.
He needs to be banned by BA from flying with them.
If the women were ill or required to sit along side their children say, I think you would have found the other passengers more than helpful, but to move from perhaps your selected seat just to comply with somebody's religious requirement no way. This man was testing the water to see if he could get away with having more seats than he paid for.
Dude I dont think so, so what if someone did something helpful for another? regardless of the reason, i mean they had every right to refuse but it wasnt wrong of him to ask, yes what he did was wrong on every level but dont you think you are blowing it out of proportion? yes he overreacted but come on sue him!
he could have booked seats that were next to eachother...
Old 11-23-2007, 07:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Princes and Princesses of Qatar

hi!
i was wondering if there are any lists with all the royal family of qatar. since arab families are sometimes reserved (and some members do not go public), i thought this might be the case of qatar. are there any lists with princes and princesses of qatar? how many are there?

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Closed Thread