The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 11:12 AM
Serene Highness

Source ::: QNA DOHA:

H H Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser Al Missned, the wife of H H the Emir and Chairperson of Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development (QF) will inaugurate the opening session of the founding conference for expatriate Arab scientists due to be held at the Sheraton Doha hotel next Monday.

http://www.thepeninsulaqatar.com/Dis...0060423310.xml

Old 04-23-2006, 02:21 PM
Courtier

H.H. The Amir and HH Shaikha Mozah Bint Nasser Al-Missned, Consort of HH The Amir, at the opening of the 6th Doha Forum on Democracy, Development and Free Trade.

Pictures from http://www.diwan.gov.qa
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	239623   Click image for larger version

Name:	3456.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	239624   Click image for larger version

Name:	567.jpg
Views:	1034
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	239625  

Old 05-01-2006, 03:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Emir of Qatar, Sheik Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, center, reviews a guard of honour while accompanied by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, left, during a welcoming ceremony in Tehran, Iran, Monday, May 1, 2006.

from polfoto
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	AP774883_guest.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	241681   Click image for larger version

Name:	AP774896_guest.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	241682   Click image for larger version

Name:	AP774939_guest.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	241683   Click image for larger version

Name:	AP775087_guest.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	241684  

Name:	AP775094_guest.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	241685  
Old 05-04-2006, 05:07 PM
Courtier

I don't understand anything about the sheikh's in the middele east.

Why could we see sheikha mouza and could'nt see sheikha bouthayna and sheikha jawahir?
Is the mother in law more intersting than the daugther's in law or vice versa???

same case of sheikha Hind and Princess Haya...
So many contradictions in the middele east world about women.

I don't get it.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:12 PM
Commoner

There is an old arab proverb that basically states that a man will "keep his most treasured jewels at home". This is not the exact wording of the proverb, but you kind of get the point. Basically, this means that you keep your most treasured females protected at home- away form others' eyes. It is traditional to "protect" the sheikhas and -in saudi- princesses away from media attention and cameras. This is done out of respect for the females, and out of respect for the families.
The Emir of Qatar has chosen - along with Mouzah- to be modern and to allow his wife media attention. Emir Hamad has always been pretty liberal leaving some Qataris turned off and others in awe of his progressive attitudes.
Sheikha Jawhire will probably not be seen publically until she has given birth to all of her children and is Tamim's "favored". Tamim has a long career ahead of him and probably will have a few more wives. Some may never see Sheikha Jawhire. He may eventually marry again and have another "favored" that he would rather be seen as Qatar's "First Lady". No one knows what kind of decisions Tamim will make in the future...
As for Sheikha Hind. She choses to be traditional. She does great works, but does not want -nor need- to have her face in public. I know very little about the Dubai royals, but I know that she is highly respectable and holds her Islam morals in high regard. We will possibly never see a photo of her...
Old 05-06-2006, 10:58 AM
Courtier

When the wife of the sheikh is favored than she will be a "media wife" and the sheikh is considered as a modern sheikh. But when the sheikha is not favored than she will be considered as "treasured jewels" and the sheikh is considered as a moslim man.

COME ON please . What is this??? What kind of logic is this??? Õ don't blame you at all because this is not your fault. But I'm sick of this logic and about the contradictions about women in the middele east .
Old 05-29-2006, 06:37 AM
Commoner

Hello,

I have a quetion about sheikh jassim. Is it me or does he gain en lose weight a lot, or are that old and new pics.
And does anyone knwo why jassim is no longer the crownprince??
Old 06-04-2006, 01:53 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joumana
When the wife of the sheikh is favored than she will be a "media wife" and the sheikh is considered as a modern sheikh. But when the sheikha is not favored than she will be considered as "treasured jewels" and the sheikh is considered as a moslim man.

COME ON please . What is this??? What kind of logic is this??? Õ don't blame you at all because this is not your fault. But I'm sick of this logic and about the contradictions about women in the middele east .
Basically, for each muslim woman, it is a personal choice. There are muslim women living in america who choose to go out without their husbands only when necessary. Then there are other muslims who live very public lives. I cannot say that my logic as a more liberal muslim has any more validity than the logic of a more traditional muslim. Each woman's decision concerns herself, her husband and God - I cannot say which choice is the "correct" one.
Old 06-04-2006, 01:58 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by trish79nl
Hello,

I have a quetion about sheikh jassim. Is it me or does he gain en lose weight a lot, or are that old and new pics.
And does anyone knwo why jassim is no longer the crownprince??
Jassim lost a lot of weight shortly before, during and after his abdication. some speculation was that diabetes was the cause (as diabetes runs in the family and can cause drastic weight loss/gain). Now that he is married, he seems to be doing a lot better. Although he is still very thin, he seems to be holding a steady weight.
There are many abdication theories as to why he abdicated. No one is 100% certain what caused the abdication. Shortly after the abdication, Sheikh Jassim's office sent out a plea to arab and qatari forums who were debating the abdication. He basically asked for everyone to respect the family and let it be.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:50 AM

Goodness, look how small the Iranian President looks next to the Emir!
Old 07-28-2006, 06:13 AM
Heir Apparent

President of Venezuela visits Qatar

from terra

Old 09-20-2006, 06:05 AM
Heir Apparent

UNITED NATIONS, UNITED NATIONS: Pakistan's President Pervez Musharraf (L) speaks with Qatari Crown Prince Sheikh Tamin bin Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani at a luncheon during the United Nations General Assembly 19 September 2006 at UN headquarters in New York

from getty

Old 10-09-2006, 08:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Crown Prince Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani (L) and his brother, Sheikh Joaan Bin Hamad Al Thani, appear on stage after the lighting of the flame for the 15th Asian Games Torch Relay at the Doha Golf Club 08 October 2006. The ceremony starts the longest relay in the history of the Games, travelling 50,000 kilometers (31,000 miles) to 15 countries and regions in 55 days and returning to Doha for the opening ceremony of the 15th Asian Games.

from getty

Old 11-05-2006, 08:02 PM
Courtier

EMIR AND SHEIKHA MOZAH ATTEND REACH OUT TO ASIA GALA
(Includes photo)

http://www.gulf-times.com/site/topic...7&parent_id=56
Old 12-06-2006, 03:25 AM

Question Sheikh Mohammed Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani-Prince of Qatar

Hi evrybody...dis is my 1st post and also thread... ...'m happy to be here...i dedicated dis thread 4 HE Sheikh Mohammed Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani the Qatar Emir's Son @ Prince...I saw him first at Doha Asian Games 2006 Opening Ceremony...he rode on his arabian horse thru 45 degree stairway for the torch ceremony as captain of the Qatar national endurance team, he came out from under the field on a horse, received the torch and rode up steep slope to the top of the tribune before lighting the cauldron...what a great show...there's not much we can find bout him on the net...though i thought he's a very low-profile person...there's only one place i found that provide more info bout him..that is(JewelsofArabiaRoyalsofArabWorld)...its a forum...erm hope to know more bout him...ok...ilal liqa'
Old 12-06-2006, 06:59 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

The Torchbear, Sheikh Muhammad Bin Hamad Al-Thani rides to light the flame inside the stadium
http://www.doha-2006.com/gis/menuroo...ate=12/01/2006
Old 12-11-2006, 11:04 PM
Courtier

Sheikh Tamim and HE Shaikha Jawaher Bint Hamad Bin Suheim Al Thani, at the Out Reach Asia Gala Dinner. November 4, 2006
http://www.diwan.gov.qa/english/heir...alaDinner2.htm

Jawaher at a Fashion show for Asian Games from Al Rayah (She is in the middle)
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...2204_1_209.jpg

Joan, Tamin, Jawaher, Al Mayyassa with Tamin and Jawahers daughter on lap (From Al Rayah)
Photo 1: http://www.myfilehut.com/userfiles/61/68539436.jpg
Photo 2: http://www.myfilehut.com/userfiles/6...0427_1_209.jpg
Old 02-12-2007, 04:44 PM
Aristocracy

From profimedia.cz 10/02/07 : Sheikh Hamed al Thani

Former Middle East rally champions Mohammed Ben Sulayem of the UAE (R) and Sheikh Hamed al-Thani of Qatar talk in the VIP enclosure at the opening of the Hail Saudi Baja rally, an official candidate event for the 2008 FIA International Cup for Bajas. Six UAE crews and drivers from Qatar and Italy will take part in two desert legs over the weekend.

photo

Old 02-21-2007, 09:25 AM
Commoner

I'm not really familliar with the arab men and multiple wives, but is there competition between the children from the different wives? do they all get a long or do they only interact with their full blood brothers and sisters?
Old 02-22-2007, 05:50 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by trish79nl
I'm not really familliar with the arab men and multiple wives, but is there competition between the children from the different wives? do they all get a long or do they only interact with their full blood brothers and sisters?
No, all of the children interact, but I am not sure about the wives. As far as competition is concerned, I couldn't tell you. I think it would be different among each royal house. But mostly, the wives live in different palaces/villas so there is no interference btw the wives. An arab man with multiple wives had to keep his households in order.