The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal and Ruling Families of the Gulf States > Ruling Family of Qatar

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-18-2013, 06:36 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimara View Post
The one with the ipod ofcourse but i have another of his pic which i m unable to send as i m on mobile you see :-(
Why do you ask for that picture,is there anything about it I did not notice? I thought it is just a normal avatar photo, but his crazy hair picture was way much more fun
Maybe his friends teased him and made silly comments about it so he changed it to a rather average avatar image,but I think it is nice he also posts such funny pics from time to time;-)

If you tell me what kind of image is need in high resolution, I may be able to send it,but I do not know how you can do that via smart phone..

. Helen Keller
Old 06-02-2013, 07:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Sheikh Mohammed bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani graduated from Harvard with a MA of Public Administration degree
Noblesse & Royauts Le fils de l’mir du Qatar diplm de Harvard

Old 06-02-2013, 12:35 PM
Royal Highness

Mohammed has many more pictures on twitter & instagram.I think he looks very cool :-) The only disappointment for us is that there seems to be no video available of the graduation ceremony,but maybe someone has filmed a bit and uploads it on youtube;-)
. Helen Keller
Old 06-12-2013, 02:38 PM
Courtier

According to the French newspaper LE POINT and many Arabic websites, the emir of Qatar to hand over soon under pressure of his second wife Sheikha Mozah, and prepares the transition of their second son Tamim who is 4th son of the Emir out of 12.

EXCLUSIF. Succession venir au Qatar - Le Point
Old 06-12-2013, 02:55 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephora View Post
According to the French newspaper LE POINT and many Arabic websites, the emir of Qatar to hand over soon under pressure of his second wife Sheikha Mozah, and prepares the transition of their second son Tamim who is 4th son of the Emir out of 12.

EXCLUSIF. Succession venir au Qatar - Le Point
Thats an interesting story, I would expect that they would officially announce this or tell it over Al Jazeera...lets wait and see how this turns out!

BTW:Mohammed bin Hamad has a strange fanatic twitter follower
She wrote 2 318 tweets praising him and tweeting romantic quotes even though he seems to ignore her...he is certainly very handsome,droolworthy and smart,but this is a little bit too much IMO
https://twitter.com/dream_heaven2
. Helen Keller
Old 06-12-2013, 03:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
Thats an interesting story, I would expect that they would officially announce this or tell it over Al Jazeera...lets wait and see how this turns out!
Al-Jazeera's version will be very polished and brushed ;-) This channel talks about everything under democracy, but avoids talking about Qatari problems, like putsch of Hamad against his father, the problem of bedounes tribes who are deprived of the Qatari citizenship, the conflict between Sheikha Mozah and Emir's sons from his 1st wife, the putsch of Hamad's first son against his father and controlled by Mouzah...

Quote:
BTW:Mohammed bin Hamad has a strange fanatic twitter follower
She wrote 2 318 tweets praising him and tweeting romantic quotes even though he seems to ignore her...he is certainly very handsome,droolworthy and smart,but this is a little bit too much IMO
https://twitter.com/dream_heaven2
Old 06-12-2013, 05:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Al-Jazeera's version will be very polished and brushed ;-) This channel talks about everything under democracy, but avoids talking about Qatari problems, like putsch of Hamad against his father, the problem of bedounes tribes who are deprived of the Qatari citizenship, the conflict between Sheikha Mozah and Emir's sons from his 1st wife, the putsch of Hamad's first son against his father and controlled by Mouzah...
I know that Al Jazeera is not neutral (just like any other broadcasting system that I know),but nevertheless I believe we should wait for an official announcement of the news. To me it seems as if the people of Qatar are not that unhappy with the current Emir, maybe they wish for a little bit more freedom of the press and other things that we take for granted in the West,but the situation seems much more balanced than in other countries of the Middle East.
As the Emir is already over 60,I guess it is a smart decision to hand over the power to someone younger, just like Queen Beatrix stepped down because she believed that a new generation should take over.(But of course, they have very different ways of monarchy & governmental functions!)

Here is a Reuters press article about this story that has been quoted by many papers:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...0EM1ET20130610
. Helen Keller
Old 06-12-2013, 05:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
I know that Al Jazeera is not neutral (just like any other broadcasting system that I know),but nevertheless I believe we should wait for an official announcement of the news.

Here is a Reuters press article about this story that has been quoted by many papers:
Qatari leaders expected to step down-sources | Reuters
Many websites relayed the information that there's a fight right now (midnight time in Doha city) in the Qatari royal palace where the army was involved
Sheikha Mouzah is currently out of Qatar in a visit to Morocco. I'm thinking if that has to do anything with this affair?
???? .. ?????? ????? ?? ??? ????????? ???? ?????? ????????
Old 06-13-2013, 01:48 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Many websites relayed the information that there's a fight right now (midnight time in Doha city) in the Qatari royal palace where the army was involved
Sheikha Mouzah is currently out of Qatar in a visit to Morocco. I'm thinking if that has to do anything with this affair?
???? .. ?????? ????? ?? ??? ????????? ???? ?????? ????????
I am sorry, but I cant read the Arabic article you posted, I do not believe that there is a fight right now, people would have talked about it via facebook,twitter,etc., nowadays you cant keep anything secret!
Nevertheless,there are lots of rumours & there certainly is a lot of political instability in the whole region that always threatens the security of the people and the ruling families.
. Helen Keller
Old 06-13-2013, 06:41 PM
Commoner

just like hamad forced his dad to abdicate (due to pressure from sh.Moza), his son is going to do the same thing.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:07 PM
Royal Highness

Its interesting that everyone suspects Sheikha Moza behind this move, maybe the Emir wanted to give the power to his son because he is not getting younger & wished to hand over the responsibility to his son?
We do not know the reasoning behind their decisions, but Sheikha Moza is not the only one with plans & visions, the other members of the families also have opionions and ambition to work for their country.
. Helen Keller
Old 06-14-2013, 03:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Does anyone know the real reason Sheikh Jasim renounced his rights in favour of his younger brother Sheikh Tamim?
Old 06-14-2013, 04:05 PM
Royal Highness

No, we do not know more than you,we can only guess.However it is important to note that Sheikh Jassim and his father seem to have a good relationship, it was certainly not because they did have personal differences.
Some people have wondered if it was due to any health reasons, but no illness has been confirmed. Maybe Sheikh Jassim did not want to be in the center of attention all the time or he wanted to have more time with his family? I do not think that they will publicly announce why they chose Sheikh Tamim instead of Jassim.
. Helen Keller
Old 06-15-2013, 02:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
Does anyone know the real reason Sheikh Jasim renounced his rights in favour of his younger brother Sheikh Tamim?
According to royalty rules, being a crown prince is not one of rights of Jassim or even any of Mouzah's sons, it's prince Mishaal's right, as he's the Emir's first son, but from first wife. He even was th responsable of Military department in Qatar, but was fired from this function recently.
I guess that this affair has to do with Mouzah who is the daughter of a big opposant of the Qatari royal family Al-Thani, and it was part of the deal to make one her sons future ruler and the next emir of Qatar to calm the opposition.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:07 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
According to royalty rules, being a crown prince is not one of rights of Jassim or even any of Mouzah's sons, it's prince Mishaal's right, as he's the Emir's first son, but from first wife. He even was th responsable of Military department in Qatar, but was fired from this function recently.
I guess that this affair has to do with Mouzah who is the daughter of a big opposant of the Qatari royal family Al-Thani, and it was part of the deal to make one her sons future ruler and the next emir of Qatar to calm the opposition.
If we were talking about EUROPEAN royals, you would be absolutely correct,but in Oriental Royal families like Qatar,UAE,Oman,Jordan etc. they do not select the first born or the first son,but the current Emir/king choses the most suitable of his sons. Of course,he may make mistakes,but as a father he knows all of the men much better and can predict if they are able to rule a country.
Sheikha Moza does not decide who is going to be Crown Prince,the Emir has the last word in the decision,but of course he respects her opinion and obviously he also believes that Sheikh Tamim would make the best future-Emir for Qatar.

Sheikh Tamims brother Joaan seems to be very busy with horse racing lately,he has posted some pictures from Ascot on his twitter account and bought new racing horses.
http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse...ys-guineas-win
"STYLE VENDOME was on Tuesday confirmed as the latest addition to Sheikh Joaan Al Thani's burgeoning roster, with the French 2,000 Guineas winner set to run in the colours of the son of the Emir of Qatar.

Sheikh Joaan's latest acquisition strengthens his hand in Britain and France, with his colours already carried by the Richard Hannon-trained duo of Olympic Glory and Toronado, and the globetrotting Planteur who is with Marco Botti."

New owner for promising Richard Hannon colt Toronado | Horse Racing News
-> Glory & Toronado

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...6&l=2bf7bd46e3
"Jockey Christophe Soumillion celebrating atop Al-Mamun Monlau, owned by HE Shiekh Joaan bin Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani, after winning the Dubai Kahayla Classic of the $10mn Dubai World Cup, the world’s richest horse race, at the Meydan race track in the emirate yesterday."
. Helen Keller
Old 06-25-2013, 06:00 AM
Commoner

has the news been confirmed that sheikh hamad stepped down and sheikh tamim took his place? has it beem publicly announces by the royals?
Old 06-25-2013, 07:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

which of the 2 is beautiful?
Old 06-25-2013, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.al haw. View Post
has the news been confirmed that sheikh hamad stepped down and sheikh tamim took his place? has it beem publicly announces by the royals?
Yes, check this thread
Old 06-26-2013, 05:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Crown Prince: HH Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani (b 3 June 1980) married (1) 2005 Sheikha Jawahir bint Hamad bin Suhaim Al Thani: Al-Mayassah (2006), Hamad (2008), Aisha (2010)
They had second son, Jassim, in 2012.

Source: Current Royal News: Emir of Qatar to abdicate tomorrow
Old 07-23-2013, 06:57 AM
Commoner

Sheikh Joaan's Birthday (23rd July)

Today is Sheikh Joaan Bin Hamad's Birthday. May all his dreams and wishes come true!

BTW can the admins please correct his date of birth to '23 July 1986' instead of 1985.

Source:http://instagram.com/p/cHqn_SgUhn/
http://instagram.com/p/cHyfcwG2QB/