The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal and Ruling Families of the Gulf States > Ruling Family of Qatar

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassimlover View Post
Mayassa is a very pretty girl mA but I don't think she dresses for her body type. I find she actually looks better in abaya and hijab as opposed to some of the western clothing she wears. Remember when we had the discussion about the royals' fashion sense, well it applies to mayassa. Her clothes are gorgeous I just don't think they do her justice.
I second that! She needs to dress for her curvy body and I think she's got the best teacher beside her for that matter, her mommy!
Also, the royal family needs to look for new names, and stop recycling the old same ones.
Mayassa named her kids:Mohammed & Hamad
Joaan named his kids: Tamim & Hamad
Tamim named his kids: Mayassa & Hamad ...
Jasim named his kids: Mozah & Hind ...

Old 01-04-2012, 08:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NojoodAl View Post
I second that! She needs to dress for her curvy body and I think she's got the best teacher beside her for that matter, her mommy!
Also, the royal family needs to look for new names, and stop recycling the old same ones.
Mayassa named her kids:Mohammed & Hamad
Joaan named his kids: Tamim & Hamad
Tamim named his kids: Mayassa & Hamad ...
Jasim named his kids: Mozah & Hind ...
It´s custom in most Arabic families that you get the name of a relative,but I also find it change-worthy because it creates a lot of confusion and there are so many beautiful names they could chose from...
Here´s a list of most popular given names,there must be a lot of Mohammeds and Marias all over the planet:-)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...rity_by_region

Old 01-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Aristocracy

Actually I think it just must be a gulf custom because other Arabs/middle easterns/Muslims don't do that. I mean Mohammed is the most popular name but besides that other muslims use a variety of names. I too agree though there are so many beautiful names to choose from.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:35 PM
Gentry

Hi. Some pictures for your viewing pleasure. Hope the links work.

Redirect Notice
Redirect Notice
https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/im...Sdbl89SzahsLD9
Old 01-05-2012, 02:39 PM
Gentry

Some More. Hope these haven's been posted.

https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/im...B9BNm_K53TBHng
https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/im...LXGpwJfcKrPQqQ
https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/im...ddqf6xVzU-Wgcw
Old 01-05-2012, 02:51 PM
Aristocracy

Ooh lala! Mo has such cute dimples and jassim looks so hot driving.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:38 PM
Gentry

Dimples, is the word to live by.

I found a video of Mo, it's about a funny moment that happened during a Qatari TV show. It's in Arabic but I'll translate it!
The TV presenter was talking about the members of the bid committee, saying that they were the youngest group in the competition (the oldest was 30 & the youngest was Mo 22) then he asked Mo to give an explanation to the viewers so Mo took that extremely sarcastic look & said " Do you want me to explain births?! " the presenter said" no ..." and he went " then what's the question?"

I am sorry TV presenter but if you ask a stupid question, you get a royal sarcastic answer !
PS: Keep an eye on Mo!

Old 01-05-2012, 04:03 PM
Aristocracy

I've seen this video thanks for translating. He has a really good sense of humor to go along with his devishly good looks and nice personality. I hope it runs in the family. Hassan al thawadi is a cutie too. It seems like he has a slight accent when he speaks in Arabic. @ Nojoodal, what do you think?
Old 01-05-2012, 11:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NojoodAl View Post

I found a video of Mo, it's about a funny moment that happened during a Qatari TV show. It's in Arabic but I'll translate it!
The TV presenter was talking about the members of the bid committee, saying that they were the youngest group in the competition (the oldest was 30 & the youngest was Mo 22) then he asked Mo to give an explanation to the viewers so Mo took that extremely sarcastic look & said " Do you want me to explain births?! " the presenter said" no ..." and he went " then what's the question?"

I am sorry TV presenter but if you ask a stupid question, you get a royal sarcastic answer !
Thank you so much for translating,Sh.Mohammed has such a wicked sense of humour What a silliy question of the presenter,sometimes older people treat youngsters with such an air of arrogance and disrespect (while at the same time they expect you to treat them as if they were some kind of omniscient deity)...
. Helen Keller
Old 01-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Aristocracy

Happy weekend everyone! I'm so excited my weekend starts soon :)
Old 01-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Gentry

@Jassimlover, I think Hassan is a cutie when he smiles, but when he's serious he just seem evil. Weird I know
However, he's such a smart man. And true that he has a slight accent, I think it's because he has been living abroad for a while! You might wanna have a look at this video.

@blauerengel : You're most welcome dear, my pleasure.

Happy weekend all!
Old 01-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NojoodAl

Awesome video !!! And @jassimlover hope u have a great weekend !! And I hope everyone here on the forum enjoys there weekend !!! Happy Friday !!! :) :)
Old 01-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Gentry

In the Hassan clip, the reporter looks like he would rather be getting a root canal than dealing with this interview. Too funny.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:53 PM
Aristocracy

@cigitink, you are hiliarious and so right. The guy looks like he is in pain. You are so dead on; he probably would rather have a root canal. That says a lot because I don't think there is anything worse.

It's been over a year, and I still can't believe Qatar won the world cup bid. Actually Qatar didn't win it , the whole middle east, the Muslim nations, any nation that doesn't feel valued won it. Wow. It was the hard work of so many.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:07 PM
Royal Highness

www.journal-frankfurt.de | Journal Frankfurt News - Wste made in Frankfurt

A very interesting article about the planning bureau and the stadiums that are built for 2022. The headline would be "Desert made in Frankfurt" in English,I have translated the most important things:
The German planning bureau AS&P will build 8 of the planned 12 stadiums that will be erected in Qatar,they are planned to be completely CO2-neutral (fuelled by solar power) and will maintain a temperature of 27°C inside.First a prototype stadium will be built so that they can test if the whole system works and the other stadiums will be created timely,so that they are still new when the games are opened.The main challenge is to build all the infrastructure like roads,metro etc.
After the World Cup the stadiums will be scaled down so that they can be used by local football clubs.
The planning bureau is very enthusiastic and enjoyed the time they spent in Qatar for researching and getting to understand the local culture.They have already worked in Ryad´s diplomatic district and hope to increase their activity in the Middle East.
They have perceived Sheikh Mohammed as open,humble person & they could get along very well.He asked that the meetingrooms gets perfumed with incense and the architects had to be careful not to turn the back towards him. (That sounds a little bit peculiar,but I thought it might be an interesting detail.)

I must say whole allegations of corruption are getting annoying because there is no evidence & the bidding nations who lost out on the bid are now facing difficult economic problems-so how could they possibly hold such a huge,expensive game while at the same time they cut down people´s pensions,the budgets for health,education etc.?
I am so excited and curious to see how the stadiums will look like in real life & I´m sure the games will be spectacular
Old 01-06-2012, 09:22 PM
Aristocracy

It is a custom in Arab countries and in Iran and Afghanistan (maybe all Muslim countries) but it is bad manners to have your back facing someone.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:34 PM
Royal Highness

Turning your back on someone is very inpolite but I just found it interesting that they mention something so self-explanatory-I just translated what was written in the article.
Anyway,I wonder if perfuming rooms with incense is widely spread in Arabic countries,or just a personal liking?In Europe burning incense is often used when you move into a new home,to remove bad spirits/energy and make space for the new family.(It is also used in many Catholic churches for special occasions.)
Old 01-06-2012, 09:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigitink View Post
Hi. Some pictures for your viewing pleasure. Hope the links work.

Redirect Notice
Redirect Notice
https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/im...Sdbl89SzahsLD9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassimlover View Post
Ooh lala! Mo has such cute dimples and jassim looks so hot driving.

Nice pictures of him, he is really handsome, I see that he looks more like his mother .

Jassimlover, I agree with you he has such cute dimples
Old 01-07-2012, 10:00 AM
Gentry

I used to live in Doha, and I am Arab myself, so I know perfuming rooms with incense is a custom in the middle east especially in the gulf countries. Also, certain kinds of incense are very expensive ( mostly used by royals ) and it gives a bourgeoisie atmosphere to the place! I personally find it very chic of sheikh Moe to value his traditions no matter what or where. And a man who's into perfumes is totally an elegant man, and an elegant man has a high taste in women

Thank you so much @blauerengel for the article and the translation, is there anything we can't do to know more about the hotties? I don't think so!!
I saw a curious part on which they say that sheikh Mo was only 24 and a billionaire who had no arrogant attitude towards them!! I thought he was only 22 because I know he was born in 88! Did they let people think that he was older than his real age in order to be the chairman of the bid committee?? I know I have a huge imagination
Old 01-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Commoner

He''s 23, he's turning 24 this april.

Closed Thread

Tags
al thani, almayassa, hamad, hind, mozah, ruler daughter, ruler son, sheikh hamad children, sheikha mozah children, tamim, thani