Crown Prince Tamim & Princess Iman of Jordan: Possible Marriage?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We cannot confirm P.Iman`s relationship/engagement news with Zaid based on Alia Toukan tweets only. Let us wait !!!

princess iman as a third wife ;((

Yes, I'm not thrilled about this either. I don't understand why King Abdullah would want to marry off his sisters - Princess Haya is the second wife of the Sheikh of Dubai - into polygamous marriages. Does he really think that they'll be happy? I don't see how any woman would be happy in a polygamous marriage. I know that having up to 4 wives is allowed by Islam and its part of the culture in that region. But it is so archaic and misogynist.

but then again I think the custom of arranged marriage has proved to be valid over the centuries, and such marital unions are even stronger than some passion-based marriages.

Maybe so, but some of these arranged marriages can turn out to be miserable because they were strangers when they married and they're likely incompatible. Plus, the couple may act like all is well out of fear of dishonoring their families who put them together. So I wouldn't praise arranged marriages that much.

Sorry if I sound harsh, but I am disappointed this is happening. Arranging a woman to marry a man who already has a wife or two does not sound like anyone cares for her well-being. And I can't help but wonder if Queen Rania is getting nervous and fearing if her husband will suddenly announce she'll have to share him with another wife.

I agree with you Sonjapearl on the matter of the polygamous marriages. But there's only one case I strongly support them - if there is Love between the 2 people.

So it appears Iman is not to be sold off to the highest bidder after all. Well I guess Tamin can take some consolation in the birth of his latest child.

There has been no announcement from Queen Noor so I'm thinking this whole thing is bogus. I hope so. The whole thing is too bizarre. :ermm:

Sorry if I sound harsh, but I am disappointed this is happening. Arranging a woman to marry a man who already has a wife or two does not sound like anyone cares for her well-being. And I can't help but wonder if Queen Rania is getting nervous and fearing if her husband will suddenly announce she'll have to share him with another wife.
no, you're absolutely right! even though some countries have that traditional costume, i doubt the women will be really used to it, outside they behave and accept but their inner feelings tells otherwise.

Queen Rania will never feel that way, its not the costume of Jordian Royals to marry lots of women. the man can get marry more than once, but if they divorce the current wife or in case of mortality. Late King Hussein, Prince Hamzah, Prince Ali are a few examples...
btw, i dont think it will be that great for Jordan if King Abdullah was to get a second wife, even a divorcy would be too risky, im sure most Jordanians would not accept it and considering some middle-east nations problems, they have to be cautious or caos begins!

maharata said:
agree with you Sonjapearl on the matter of the polygamous marriages. But there's only one case I strongly support them - if there is Love between the 2 people.
i never liked polygamous marriages, but for some reason i quite agree with you on there. i know many people disliked and found ridiculous Princess Haya wedding with Sheihk Mohammed, i did too considering their age, polygamy and Haya's always up-right attitude (which led to many wondering why she contradicted herself), but over the years i noticed they are REALLY in love and support each other mutually.
i changed my mind about them and now i love watching them together

i never liked polygamous marriages, but for some reason i quite agree with you on there. i know many people disliked and found ridiculous Princess Haya wedding with Sheihk Mohammed, i did too considering their age, polygamy and Haya's always up-right attitude (which led to many wondering why she contradicted herself), but over the years i noticed they are REALLY in love and support each other mutually.
i changed my mind about them and now i love watching them together

Sorry to get off topic, but how could the Sheikh love Haya when he has another wife that he's been married to for years? How does she feel knowing she has to compete with another woman for her husband's affections? That is why polygamy is wrong. Unless, Sheikh Mohammed's first wife stays married for convenience, then that's a different issue.

i only said that based on pictures and their shared interests, he really likes Haya and it shows. of course polygamy is wrong and i will not change my mind on that, but wasnt they married because they liked each other? he doesnt need Jordan money-wise, he's way more healthy than them, as for the other wife, now yes i think it must have been hard on her considering her husband was to be shared with other women, younger, a princess and making her a public wife.

Last edited:
As far as I remember, there's a special thread for the Ruling Family of Dubai, it's much more suitable place to discuss Princess Haya and Sheikh Mohammed. No, I'm not a bore, but moderators can close this thread.

Are you 100% sure that the Emir and Sheikha Moza came to Jordan for a proposal? Could it be just a "regular" private visit? Do Their Majesties have good relationships with the Emir and Moza?

Maybe there is no announcement now since it was just talk and Princess Iman hasn't said ok yet. Maybe she is thinking about it. Moreover, if there is an official announcement I think they might and wait till Princess Iman is in Jordan (if she isn't) and Sheikh Tamim visits Jordan. Not to forget, The King also to be in Jordan and Emir of Qatar with Sheikha Mozah. Knowing that the King & Queen are on a visit and not sure yet if the Qatari royals are done with their trip to the United States.

I heard that Sheikha Naylah - one of his two (youngest) daughters who were both born in 2010 - is from his second mariage.

Sure! Wiki got it all wrong there, doesn't surprise me actually... :cool:
Anyway, we've got totally different news these days, as it seems. Let's see how all this develops. ;)

I've read some posts about a possible arranged marriage. Many people may hit me back, but then again I think the custom of arranged marriage has proved to be valid over the centuries, and such marital unions are even stronger than some passion-based marriages.If this is the case with Iman and Tamim, and of course we don't actually know, I think it is going to be a stable relationship! I wish them a delightful engagement, and even more satisfying marriage! Inshallah!

An arranged marriage is just another form of finding a life partner. Neither an arranged marriages nor a passion-based marriages are a guarantee of a happy livetime of the couple.

The fact of polygamous marriage confused and unsettled many people in Western countries. But one can not judge fixed that a polygamous marriage basically means that the involved spouses must be unhappy. Nor is it universally valid that the marriage with only one wife to be happy always. It is difficult to judge something you do not know. Especially in generalized statements.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact of polygamous marriage confused and unsettled many people in Western countries. But one can not judge fixed that a polygamous marriage basically means that the involved spouses must be unhappy. Nor is it universally valid that the marriage with only one wife to be happy always. It is difficult to judge something you do not know. Especially in generalized statements.

You cannot deny the fact that polygamous marriage is incredibly demeaning to women. I wont get into this debate because the whole subject is making me incredibly angry, but to me it isn't difficult to frown strongly upon this whole thing.

It is true that polygamous marriage is far away from OUR mentality and it hurts us. Nevertheless, I would be ready to make the effort not to judge and to understand, IF polygamous marriage was allowed bOTH sides, but it isn't no? Can a woman be married with more than one husband?

As for the young couple to be (Jordan/Qatar), I'm wondering if this visit/proposal is just a social formality. I presume than both families have already discussed and agreed, otherwise It would be embarassing for Qatar Royals to travel, ask, and receive a refusal.

It is true that polygamous marriage is far away from OUR mentality and it hurts us. Nevertheless, I would be ready to make the effort not to judge and to understand, IF polygamous marriage was allowed bOTH sides, but it isn't no? Can a woman be married with more than one husband?

No she can´t. The husband is the one who has to bear all the burdens. The possibility of a polygamous marriage must not hurt you, because the right to decide on such a form of marriage lies with the men and the women of my culture. If both parties are satisfied in such a marriage, then I see no reason that you should be personally worried about the wives.

Although I find it strange from my perspective, I think that a relationship without marriage works and both partners can lead a happy life.

Last edited:
Polygamous marriages are a very old tradition, commanded by necessity. Due to numerous, constant wars, men lost their lives all the time, and therefore polygamous marriages guaranteed continuity. The Western world abolished the most 'primitive' traditions, the Arab world could get rid of theirs, too. It's the 21st century, this is why we keep wondering... ;)

because the right to decide on such a form of marriage lies with the men and the women of my culture. If both parties are satisfied in such a marriage, .

Of course, IF it is a free choice no problem. But is it one?

Of course, IF it is a free choice no problem. But is it one?

Of course it is! The decision is up to the man and the woman in the last instance. I am aware that there may be some individual cases where this is not so. But they are the exception and not the rule.

Polygamous marriages are a very old tradition, commanded by necessity. Due to numerous, constant wars, men lost their lives all the time, and therefore polygamous marriages guaranteed continuity. The Western world abolished the most 'primitive' traditions, the Arab world could get rid of theirs, too. It's the 21st century, this is why we keep wondering... ;)

That there is the possibility of a polygamous marriage, does not mean that you have to take advantage of this opportunity. Only few men are married with more than one woman at the same time in the Gulf States, despite that theoretically all men here had the chance.

:flowers: If we want to change the polygamous praxis in the 21 century, then please give us the chance to change it by ourselves. :flowers:

Last edited:
Imanmajed said:
No she can´t. The husband is the one who has to bear all the burdens. The possibility of a polygamous marriage must not hurt you, because the right to decide on such a form of marriage lies with the men and the women of my culture. If both parties are satisfied in such a marriage, then I see no reason that you should be personally worried about the wives.

Although I find it strange from my perspective, I think that a relationship without marriage works and both partners can lead a happy life.

What does that mean "bear all the burdens"? There is something sexist about that, but you probably don't mean it like that. And why can't a woman have more than one husband? If a man can, but a woman can't, it is sexist. Also, there is something adulterous about polygamy as it requires someone to not fulfill their vows because they are taking care of someone else.

What does that mean "bear all the burdens"? There is something sexist about that, but you probably don't mean it like that. And why can't a woman have more than one husband? If a man can, but a woman can't, it is sexist. Also, there is something adulterous about polygamy as it requires someone to not fulfill their vows because they are taking care of someone else.

Normally this is not the right thread here to extensive discuss this topic . If you are very interested in this subject and other mysteries and secrets in the Gulf countries, you are welcome in the members corner:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...tes-social-and-cultural-traditions-32797.html

"Bear al burdens" means, that in my culture the husband pay for all (for the housing, clothing, food, education and upbringing of children, health care and so on). If a man has more than one wife, so he has it to do for all his wives in the same way. The woman has no obligation to go to work and to make money. Achieved a woman income, the money belongs to her. It is also not obliged to use her income to the family.

Polygamy is only an option for the man if he is able to bear the responsibility for all his wives fairly. He has to respect all his wives equally. And ultimately is mutual consent a key to anything.

Last edited:
Hi was scrolling a bit and found the question about why women can't take more men at the same time. I guess it's difficult to find out when a woman gets pregnant...??

men having multiple wives and not a women have multiple husbands since ancient times, its not because of the men income or bear responsability and care for all his wives in my point of view, it lies all in bearing children: if a women has multiple husbands she can only be pregnant from time to time, meanwhile a men with multiple wives can bear lots of his kids at the same time thus having a large number of children.
all i can say is that that was the main priority in ancient times, a family had to be large and have lots of heirs and spares in case of diseases, mortality and inheritance...

Hi was scrolling a bit and found the question about why women can't take more men at the same time. I guess it's difficult to find out when a woman gets pregnant...??

Still that doesn't justify the fact that it's ragingly discriminating that men can be married to several women whereas women can't be married to more than one man. Also there are DNA test to find out stuff like that.

Last edited:
@Z. Yes, easy DNA. But I'm mean about the mental way. I don't think it's mentally healthy to check every pregnancy: From who??
The disappointments are breaking people down etc..I believe it's logical to spare these misery and uncertain..just an example as a human not as moslim. :).

Still that doesn't justify the fact that it's ragingly discriminating that men can be married to several women whereas women can't be married to more than one man........

Do you think that there are many women would like to be married to more than one man? Most men that I know, can not imagine having more than one wife, even though the law allows them theoretically.

In the world there are different norms and value systems. It is a sign of awareness of these differences and a sign of respect to accept it as the value of the culture of another people. The objective should not be to eliminate these differences but to understand them as a component of the life of another person.

To show respect for something else does not mean that you to adapt it to your own life. Consider: Culture isn´t static. Automatically some modifications to "outdated" traditional values ​​or perspectives be effected by the change of generations and an increase in education of persons in these societies. I know of no culture in the world which could claim to be better than all others. Injustice seems to be at home everywhere, unfortunately.

Last edited:
men having multiple wives and not a women have multiple husbands since ancient times, its not because of the men income or bear responsability and care for all his wives in my point of view, it lies all in bearing children: if a women has multiple husbands she can only be pregnant from time to time, meanwhile a men with multiple wives can bear lots of his kids at the same time thus having a large number of children.
all i can say is that that was the main priority in ancient times, a family had to be large and have lots of heirs and spares in case of diseases, mortality and inheritance...

In certain cultures and regions of the world a large progeny is still one of the wealth of society and helps the family to preserve their clan or tribe and their family influence on politics. Couples without children are very regrets from others. Even if these people have decided consciously against to raise own children.

Last edited:
^exactly, that's what i meant. nowadays we see that too.

if the world reaches to an end (im talking to the extreme and the worst case scenario), it would be more logical 1 men to 10 women instead of the suicidal of humanity if it was 1 women to 10 men. (she could be infertile, die at birth, ...)

even though im a women, it cant be compared 1 men with multiple wives from 1 women with multiple husbands. however, maybe in history of mankind it happened, i remenber i saw a Japanese Movie called Ooku, where the Female Shogun had lots of men for her only and i wondered if something like that ever happened in Japan or other countries where a female ruled. (Queen Seon Deok of Sillah had several husbands or one at time? i remenber on her bio that it was listed several husbands)

Last edited:
^exactly, that's what i meant. nowadays we see that too.

if the world reaches to an end (im talking to the extreme and the worst case scenario), it would be more logical 1 men to 10 women instead of the suicidal of humanity if it was 1 women to 10 men. (she could be infertile, die at birth, ...)

even though im a women, it cant be compared 1 men with multiple wives from 1 women with multiple husbands. however, maybe in history of mankind it happened, i remenber i saw a Japanese Movie called Ooku, where the Female Shogun had lots of men for her only and i wondered if something like that ever happened in Japan or other countries where a female ruled. (Queen Seon Deok of Sillah had several husbands or one at time? i remenber on her bio that it was listed several husbands)

I once read somewhere that in South America live a native tribe, in which the woman can be married to more than one man at the same time. Unfortunately I forgot the name of the tribe. But back to the main topic of the thread here.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom