Crown Prince Tamim & Princess Iman of Jordan: Possible Marriage?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess iman is too good to be a third wife....i hope she will marry a better prince...

I wish I could remember where I read it because now I don't know if the info is accurate but I had read that he and his second wife divorced.

I don't wish to speculate, I just want to add this piece of information: people on another board say that it didn't work out and they divorced indeed. This is why the second wife wasn't included in his Wiki bio. I believe it's a positive sign, it shows that divorce is an option for them. ;) We don't know what will happen between Iman & the CP of Qatar of course, so I'll stop here.
Looking forward to an official announcement! :flowers:

I've been reading Sheikh Tamim's wikipedia and I've seen he was born in 1980 and he attended Harrow School as Prince Hamzah. Does anyone know if they were together there or if they were or are good friends? Anyone, in my opinion I think Hamzah looks younger although he is a couple of months older. And also, in my opinion, as someone said before, I would have prefered another one for Princess Iman (if the engagement is finally confirmed) I would have liked her to be the one and only... She is so lovely!

I agree. Looks like she is being sold off to the highest bidder. Probably will increase Qatari investment/aid to Jordan and add some money to the Hashemite coffers.

It is quite an interesting development. Will it be King Abdullah, who accepts or declines the proposal as the head of the family? Does Queen Noor have a say in the matter? Has Princess Iman ever met with Sheikh Tamim?
Given the fact that Sheikh Tamim is Crown Prince, Princess Iman can become a public wife like Princess Haya.
Al Bina, pardon my not knowing, but what is a public wife vs. (I suppose) a non-public wife?

Al Bina, pardon my not knowing, but what is a public wife vs. (I suppose) a non-public wife?
- A public one would be the one who makes public appearances, alone or alongside her husband. The "public wife" would also be the one to accompany her husband on foreign tours. For instance, Sheikha Mozah can be considered to be Sheikh Hamad's public wife.

- A non-public one would be the one who is very rarely, if ever, seen in public, even on official events. Sheikh Hamad's first and third wives (Sheikha Mariam and Sheikha Noora) can be considered to be non-public ones.

My apologised if this has been discussed before, but have Sheikh Tamim and Princess Iman even met before?

The Crown Prince has at least one wife, Sheikha Jawaher. There is also some talk about a second wife, but there is no confirmed information.

However, the fact he already has a wife is no obstacle for Sheikh Tamim to marry Princess Iman: after all Iman's sister, Princess Haya, married Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum - and he had a wife at that point as well (Sheikha Hind, who he had been married to since 1979). If I'm not mistaken, it is not against their customs and religion to take up to three wives if the husband can provide for all of them, which shouldn't be a problem for Sheikh Tamim.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Crown Prince is allowed more than one wife. Look at Sheikh Mohammed of Dubai.

the article says not yet but in the coming days :

Qatar's prince to wed Jordan's princess

Thanks for the link, that makes it semi-official then! ;):flowers:

People discussed this on another board recently. The Crown Prince of Qatar had a 2nd wife, but it didn't work out and they divorced. No children.
I find it quite soothing actually: it shows that divorce IS an option, if things don't go well, after all. ;)

This is very sad news. Queen Noor does everything to push her children but I am thinking she should really give them a chance to be happy for once. Queen Rania would'nt marry her daughter to any Emir just for money or her son to any women for political reasons like Prince Hamzah. It really should be a personal choice who your kids marry like Prince Hassan let his children marry their choices.

Queen Rania would'nt marry her daughter to any Emir just for money or her son to any women for political reasons like Prince Hamzah.

What makes you think so? Never say never... I think we're in for some great surprises, when Abdullah's children come of age.;)

This is very sad news. Queen Noor does everything to push her children but I am thinking she should really give them a chance to be happy for once. Queen Rania would'nt marry her daughter to any Emir just for money or her son to any women for political reasons like Prince Hamzah. It really should be a personal choice who your kids marry like Prince Hassan let his children marry their choices.

I believe Queen Noor pushed Hamzah to marry distant cousin Princess Noor back when he was the Crown Prince. So she is capable of pushing for marriages not based on love.

The Crown Prince of Qatar had a 2nd wife, but it didn't work out and they divorced. No children.
I heard that Sheikha Naylah - one of his two (youngest) daughters who were both born in 2010 - is from his second mariage.

I heard that Sheikha Naylah - one of his two (youngest) daughters who were both born in 2010 - is from his second mariage.

That's what I thought too. Both wives are listed on this wiki page with Naylah being listed as the daughter by his second wife. I can't understand the whole page though. It's not in English.

تميم بن Ø*مد بن خليفة آل ثاني - ويكيبيديا، الموسوعة الØ*رة

Edited to add: I just ran it through google translate and it says that his daughter Nayla is by his second wife.

On January 8, 2005, he married Sheikha Jawaher bint Hamad bin Suhaim Al Thani, and gives birth to:

Sheikha Mayassa (b. 2006).
Sheikh Hamad (b. 2008).
Sheikha Aisha (b. 2010).

In 2009 he married Anoud Hajri, and gives birth to:

Shaikha Nayla (b. 2010).

Last edited:
You are right Veram98.. Shaikh Tamim is married twice & shaikha Nayla is his daughter with his second wife Al Anoud bint Mana Al Hajiri.

Thanks for the link, that makes it semi-official then! ;):flowers:

I guess I have to repeat what I already wrote before and got deleted. In reply to Noble Consort Ming: it's true. People discussed this on another board recently. The Crown Prince of Qatar had a 2nd wife, but it didn't work out and they divorced. No children.
I find it quite soothing actually: it shows that divorce IS an option, if things don't go well, after all. ;)

In the marriages of the Gulf States divorce is an option , but not the best. ;)

I've read some posts about a possible arranged marriage. Many people may hit me back, but then again I think the custom of arranged marriage has proved to be valid over the centuries, and such marital unions are even stronger than some passion-based marriages.If this is the case with Iman and Tamim, and of course we don't actually know, I think it is going to be a stable relationship! I wish them a delightful engagement, and even more satisfying marriage! Inshallah!

Shaikh Tamim`s second wife Al- Anoud Al Hajiri gave birth this morning to his fourth child ,a baby boy " Shaikh Abdullah".
BTW: Shaikha Al-Anoud`s father was/is the ambassador of Qatar to Jordan.

Last edited:
Shaikh Tamim`s second wife Al- Anoud Al Hajiri gave birth this morning to his fourth child ,a baby boy " Shaikh Abdullah".
:ohmy: :blink:

Last edited:
isnt this new baby the fifth child? Tamim has 3 kids with Sheikha Jawaher (Sheikha Almayassa, b. 2006/ Sheikh Hamad, b. 2008/ Sheikha Aisha, b. 2010) and now 2 with his second wife Sheikha Anoud (Sheikha Nayla, b. 2010).
so that makes 3 daughters and 2 sons, so 5 kids!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom