The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal and Ruling Families of the Gulf States > Ruling Family of Qatar

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 05:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
What does that mean "bear all the burdens"? There is something sexist about that, but you probably don't mean it like that. And why can't a woman have more than one husband? If a man can, but a woman can't, it is sexist. Also, there is something adulterous about polygamy as it requires someone to not fulfill their vows because they are taking care of someone else.
Normally this is not the right thread here to extensive discuss this topic . If you are very interested in this subject and other mysteries and secrets in the Gulf countries, you are welcome in the members corner:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ons-32797.html

"Bear al burdens" means, that in my culture the husband pay for all (for the housing, clothing, food, education and upbringing of children, health care and so on). If a man has more than one wife, so he has it to do for all his wives in the same way. The woman has no obligation to go to work and to make money. Achieved a woman income, the money belongs to her. It is also not obliged to use her income to the family.

Polygamy is only an option for the man if he is able to bear the responsibility for all his wives fairly. He has to respect all his wives equally. And ultimately is mutual consent a key to anything.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:00 PM

Hi was scrolling a bit and found the question about why women can't take more men at the same time. I guess it's difficult to find out when a woman gets pregnant...??

Old 10-16-2012, 06:49 PM
Royal Highness

men having multiple wives and not a women have multiple husbands since ancient times, its not because of the men income or bear responsability and care for all his wives in my point of view, it lies all in bearing children: if a women has multiple husbands she can only be pregnant from time to time, meanwhile a men with multiple wives can bear lots of his kids at the same time thus having a large number of children.
all i can say is that that was the main priority in ancient times, a family had to be large and have lots of heirs and spares in case of diseases, mortality and inheritance...
Old 10-16-2012, 07:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Sheikha View Post
Hi was scrolling a bit and found the question about why women can't take more men at the same time. I guess it's difficult to find out when a woman gets pregnant...??
Still that doesn't justify the fact that it's ragingly discriminating that men can be married to several women whereas women can't be married to more than one man. Also there are DNA test to find out stuff like that.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:51 AM

@Z. Yes, easy DNA. But I'm mean about the mental way. I don't think it's mentally healthy to check every pregnancy: From who??
The disappointments are breaking people down etc..I believe it's logical to spare these misery and uncertain..just an example as a human not as moslim. :-).
Old 10-18-2012, 03:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
Still that doesn't justify the fact that it's ragingly discriminating that men can be married to several women whereas women can't be married to more than one man........
Do you think that there are many women would like to be married to more than one man? Most men that I know, can not imagine having more than one wife, even though the law allows them theoretically.

In the world there are different norms and value systems. It is a sign of awareness of these differences and a sign of respect to accept it as the value of the culture of another people. The objective should not be to eliminate these differences but to understand them as a component of the life of another person.

To show respect for something else does not mean that you to adapt it to your own life. Consider: Culture isn´t static. Automatically some modifications to "outdated" traditional values ​​or perspectives be effected by the change of generations and an increase in education of persons in these societies. I know of no culture in the world which could claim to be better than all others. Injustice seems to be at home everywhere, unfortunately.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
men having multiple wives and not a women have multiple husbands since ancient times, its not because of the men income or bear responsability and care for all his wives in my point of view, it lies all in bearing children: if a women has multiple husbands she can only be pregnant from time to time, meanwhile a men with multiple wives can bear lots of his kids at the same time thus having a large number of children.
all i can say is that that was the main priority in ancient times, a family had to be large and have lots of heirs and spares in case of diseases, mortality and inheritance...
In certain cultures and regions of the world a large progeny is still one of the wealth of society and helps the family to preserve their clan or tribe and their family influence on politics. Couples without children are very regrets from others. Even if these people have decided consciously against to raise own children.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:33 PM
Royal Highness

^exactly, that's what i meant. nowadays we see that too.

if the world reaches to an end (im talking to the extreme and the worst case scenario), it would be more logical 1 men to 10 women instead of the suicidal of humanity if it was 1 women to 10 men. (she could be infertile, die at birth, ...)

even though im a women, it cant be compared 1 men with multiple wives from 1 women with multiple husbands. however, maybe in history of mankind it happened, i remenber i saw a Japanese Movie called Ooku, where the Female Shogun had lots of men for her only and i wondered if something like that ever happened in Japan or other countries where a female ruled. (Queen Seon Deok of Sillah had several husbands or one at time? i remenber on her bio that it was listed several husbands)
Old 10-18-2012, 05:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
^exactly, that's what i meant. nowadays we see that too.

if the world reaches to an end (im talking to the extreme and the worst case scenario), it would be more logical 1 men to 10 women instead of the suicidal of humanity if it was 1 women to 10 men. (she could be infertile, die at birth, ...)

even though im a women, it cant be compared 1 men with multiple wives from 1 women with multiple husbands. however, maybe in history of mankind it happened, i remenber i saw a Japanese Movie called Ooku, where the Female Shogun had lots of men for her only and i wondered if something like that ever happened in Japan or other countries where a female ruled. (Queen Seon Deok of Sillah had several husbands or one at time? i remenber on her bio that it was listed several husbands)
I once read somewhere that in South America live a native tribe, in which the woman can be married to more than one man at the same time. Unfortunately I forgot the name of the tribe. But back to the main topic of the thread here.....

Old 10-18-2012, 07:39 PM
Aristocracy

I think in this wikipedia article are mentioned some ethnic groups where is allowed to have multiple husbands Polyandry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 10-18-2012, 07:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banchelor View Post
I think in this wikipedia article are mentioned some ethnic groups where is allowed to have multiple husbands Polyandry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thanks for enlightening us. Interestingly, comprehensive article!

Old 10-23-2012, 02:13 PM
Commoner

Not sure if anyone cares, but the Islamic perspective about this is obviously relevant to the JRF. :) Islamically...prophets Moses and Solomon, peace be upon them, among other prophets, had hundreds of wives before Islam came about as it exists now. This often isn't discussed simply out of respect for these prophets. Their plural marriages reflected the general practice at the time, one in which men took an unlimited number of wives without any rules or equality regulations involved. When Islam came about, limiting this practice to 4 wives was a serious, serious improvement. Unheard of for the people at the time.

But more importantly, this Qur'anic verse came down during a war time, when men were dying left and right and women were left as widows at home, with children, without jobs, without protection, and without support in a land where it was difficult for women to be independent and safe in the same way we know it today. The ultimate purpose of this Qur'anic verse was to provide women with the opportunity to gain protection, monetary support, a home, etc., at a time when women were so limited. Many Muslims today believe that one should not EVER take more than one wife unless it is precisely for this purpose - to provide a widow support she could not receive independently. This is the context in which the verse was revealed, and everything must be taken in context. It is NOT a free for all for men...of course, some take more than one wife just because they want to. Respectfully, that is not reflective of the true purpose of the verse/ruling.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessaAnisa View Post
Not sure if anyone cares, but the Islamic perspective about this is obviously relevant to the JRF. :) Islamically...prophets Moses and Solomon, peace be upon them, among other prophets, had hundreds of wives before Islam came about as it exists now. This often isn't discussed simply out of respect for these prophets. Their plural marriages reflected the general practice at the time, one in which men took an unlimited number of wives without any rules or equality regulations involved. When Islam came about, limiting this practice to 4 wives was a serious, serious improvement. Unheard of for the people at the time.

But more importantly, this Qur'anic verse came down during a war time, when men were dying left and right and women were left as widows at home, with children, without jobs, without protection, and without support in a land where it was difficult for women to be independent and safe in the same way we know it today. The ultimate purpose of this Qur'anic verse was to provide women with the opportunity to gain protection, monetary support, a home, etc., at a time when women were so limited. Many Muslims today believe that one should not EVER take more than one wife unless it is precisely for this purpose - to provide a widow support she could not receive independently. This is the context in which the verse was revealed, and everything must be taken in context. It is NOT a free for all for men...of course, some take more than one wife just because they want to. Respectfully, that is not reflective of the true purpose of the verse/ruling.

I completely agree with you, PrincessaAnisa! Thanks for the good and compact summary.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:25 AM

So where are we at regarding Princess Iman and an engagement?
I am the last of the Númenoreans and the latest King of the Eldar Days; and to me has been given not only a span thrice that of Men of Middle-earth, but also the grace to go at my will, and give back the gift.
-Elessar Telcontar, 'The Lord of the Rings'
Old 11-15-2012, 04:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessaAnisa View Post
prophets Moses and Solomon, had hundreds of wives
With Solomon it's true but, AFAIK, Moses had only one wife: Sephora.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:49 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
So where are we at regarding Princess Iman and an engagement?
Sorry, we are off topic. But there are no official news at the moment about the engagement.

Old 11-30-2012, 05:44 PM
Courtier

I don't know if this link has been already posted here and if this is the right place to do it.
Crown prince Tamim was seen in Paris last saturday with his wife sheikha Jawaheer
Noblesse & Royautés » Le prince héritier du Qatar à Paris
Old 12-20-2012, 06:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by soraya View Post
I don't know if this link has been already posted here and if this is the right place to do it.
Crown prince Tamim was seen in Paris last saturday with his wife sheikha Jawaheer
Noblesse & Royautés » Le prince héritier du Qatar à Paris
I still think is a rumor of their engagement, since he have kids and still married.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:50 AM
Aristocracy

Lol i didn't know that also Middle Eastern royals are haunted by paparazzis
Old 12-20-2012, 11:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzg View Post
I still think is a rumor of their engagement, since he have kids and still married.
Now we know that is NOT TRUE - Princess Iman's heart belongs to Zayed Mirza:

http://www.petra.gov.jo/Public_News/...e=Home&GType=1

TBumacz Google