William, Catherine and Family: Annual Holiday to Mustique (2012-2015, 2018-2019)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww George has grown so much! He seems to have curly hair at the back!

Curious George is at it again!
He grew and he's blonde...
Tall boy...

Considering no one was chasing them when naked pictures of his wife were taken I don't see how being chased has anything to do with Wiliam hating the press.

a little bit of the curtain pulled back from one of Will & Kate's trips to Mustique ... courtesy of Jeweler Martin Katz and a feature on his Beverly Hills home (vol 1388). assuming this is from 2014 since the reference to diving and Kate was pregnant in 2015.

Attachments

• Mustique.PNG
    Mustique.PNG
    84.6 KB · Views: 176
  • Hello.jpg
    Hello.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 133
That article sounds a bit dramatic and also like a prank...

That article sounds a bit dramatic and also like a prank...

This was just one little part of a 6 pg article about his BH home and his famous clients. the preceding question was about who he has bejeweled...and if there was anyone left he would love to work with.. his first reply was Julia Roberts that he seemed to have done everyone but - and then he said The Duchess of Cambridge - hence the lead in to the question if he had ever met her. In the context it didn't appear to be a prank

It doesn't seem like a prank, more just a little over dramatic with the wine spill. Once again, very little given on Kate.

What I find suspect is that Catherine approached this man, chatted and then offered to introduce him to William, that is if I read it correctly. Somehow that doesn't sound like something Catherine would do .... but who knows?

What I find suspect is that Catherine approached this man, chatted and then offered to introduce him to William, that is if I read it correctly. Somehow that doesn't sound like something Catherine would do .... but who knows?
It could just be that she wanted to go back to William and presented them, and this dude exagerated. He sounds like he's exaggerating.

This was just one little part of a 6 pg article about his BH home and his famous clients. the preceding question was about who he has bejeweled...and if there was anyone left he would love to work with.. his first reply was Julia Roberts that he seemed to have done everyone but - and then he said The Duchess of Cambridge - hence the lead in to the question if he had ever met her. In the context it didn't appear to be a prank

Maybe overdramatic then... he certainly portrays W&k as a bit "fake"in that part and that's make me very doubtful:flowers:

Last edited:
"Sources" are reporting that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, with Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Catherine's mother Carole Middleton, are heading to Mustique in November.

Said to again be staying at "Aurora House".

There is a wonderful official website for Mustique if you're interested in the island.

Lots of photos of the various villas available for rent, blogs from visitors describing their experiences there, and news about what is happening.

At the moment people are involved in growing coral.

(Yes, I was on that website just yesterday. :lol:)

Last edited:
"Sources" are reporting that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, with Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Catherine's mother Carole Middleton, are heading to Mustique in November.

Said to again be staying at "Aurora House".

There is a wonderful official website for Mustique if you're interested about the island.
Really? What kind of source?

Really? What kind of source?

The usual un-named sources of course hernameispekka - like with the pole-dancing, moles causing damage to Anmer Hall's lawns, the Duke and Duchess strolling across the country fields and windswept beaches of Norfolk, all the pub dinners, so on and so forth.

But come November - we will see.

Last edited:
I hope that come November (if this whole thing is indeed true) we'll just be hearing about them having a lovely holiday, and no intrusive photos will be available. I know, I'm imagining fairytale-like existence here, and that the resorts where they stay are exclusive, and well-protected, but somehow there are always snaps of them arriving, leaving, and taking walks.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Well, I hope their annual vacation would remain in January, since November is usually a month full of engagements... And more so with the state visit coming this years, which (allegedly) W&K are going to attend..:whistling: Better go on vacation in January, as usual...

I expected w& k to take a little holiday in this time frame (October/November) As it is their 5 yr anniversary of their engagement, surprised involved the kids and surprised mustique . I was expecting a return to Kenya. But I don't trust any of these stories now. Press is annoyed with Cambridges now so abundance of irritating non-stories.

I think the issue many have is they see Catherine as acting like a glorified house Wife and part time socialite and not doing much else That if she wanted to be those she could have married some lord or mid level aristo and lived in comfortable obscurity. But as she married Who she did and should step it up a notch.

I don't say I totally agree, mind. But there it is.

Its their annual family vacation. The people who complain about this are just the usual suspects imo. The people that look to find fault with everything W&K.

For some odd reason its usually the same people who support Harry on his ski holidays to Switzerland and Kazakhstan :whistling: :lol:

The thing that doesn't sink in too much with the public is that there really is no requirement for what she has to do or not do. No set hours a week she is required to meet. No set amount of being visible in the public eye on the roster and there is no obligation what so ever that she has to account and explain to the public what she does, who she does it with, where she goes and what are her reasons for doing what she does or doesn't do. It boggles my mind that people on the outside looking in believe they have the right to analyze and criticize how another person conducts their life. One thing we do know though is the size of her paycheck. Its $0.00.

If HM, the Queen is happy with the way things are, then so be it. its HM's opinion that matters and the one that is listened to and heeded the most.

Its their annual family vacation. The people who complain about this are just the usual suspects imo. The people that look to find fault with everything W&K.

For some odd reason its usually the same people who support Harry on his ski holidays to Switzerland and Kazakhstan :whistling: :lol:

There's always a double standard, and I never understood why. After all, Harry's number of engagements is about the same as Catherine's, he goes on holidays, and has projects and charities that supports, the same as his brother, and sister-in-law. Like you, I'm stumped. I'd be glad to listen to an explanation, and learn something that perhaps I've been missing.

The thing that doesn't sink in too much with the public is that there really is no requirement for what she has to do or not do. No set hours a week she is required to meet. No set amount of being visible in the public eye on the roster and there is no obligation what so ever that she has to account and explain to the public what she does, who she does it with, where she goes and what are her reasons for doing what she does or doesn't do. It boggles my mind that people on the outside looking in believe they have the right to analyze and criticize how another person conducts their life. One thing we do know though is the size of her paycheck. Its $0.00.

If HM, the Queen is happy with the way things are, then so be it. its HM's opinion that matters and the one that is listened to and heeded the most.

Excellent points. There's no rubric for any of this, no set schedule, and she has no salary. She's supported by her father-in-law, so if anyone has the right to complain, it's him. However, there's not a peep (that we know of) from his Highness, or more importantly, Her Majesty. They're fine with how things are, and they certainly won't allow Catherine to sit idly at home, if the PR depended on it. Obviously, they're not concerned, so there's no need for us to be. Let her take a holiday with her husband, children, and family. It's not like taxpayers' money is funding it.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the issue many have is they see Catherine as acting like a glorified house Wife and part time socialite and not doing much else That if she wanted to be those she could have married some lord or mid level aristo and lived in comfortable obscurity. But as she married Who she did and should step it up a notch.

:confused:

I don't see how anybody could call Catherine a socialite. The term implies somebody who is a "social butterfly", and who spends a great deal of time at society events. Catherine is generally acknowledged to only have a small circle of trusted friends. The tabloids also bemoan the fact that she seems to ignore the aristocracy and their parties. I would probably classify her as a homebody.

On the other hand, I think you could make a good argument that Beatrice, Pippa, and Cressida are socialites. They fit in well with the Merriam-Webster definition: Someone who is well-known in fashionable society and is often seen at parties and other social events for wealthy people.

By the way, there is no dishonor in being a housewife or househusband. So if they mean that as an insult, then they have already exposed their ignorance.

William, Catherine and Family: Annual Holiday to Mustique (2014-2015)

I find it funny that people get upset if they go on vacation with Kate's family but no one ever complains when they go to Scotland for vacation with his family at Balmoral. They do both every year but people only complain about skiing or the beach with the Middletons.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I find it funny that people get upset if they go on vacation with Kate's family but no one ever complains when they go to Scotland for vacation with his family at Balmoral. They do both every year but people only complain about skiing or the beach with the Middletons.

There are many who are always looking for an excuse to complain. When W&C carry out engagements, they complain; when they don't, they complain!

This statement really bothers me; I know you don't totally buy into it so please don't think I am lashing out at you.

Catherine married the man she loves. She would have married him if he was an average person like us. She would have married him if he was someone we had never heard of. It just so happened that the man she fell in love with and loves is the future king. What she does as a wife and mother should have no bearing on who her husband is.

As Osipi mentioned, she does not collect a salary. William is quite wealthy in his own right. I believe, and feel free to correct me if I am wrong, Charles pays for their staff (not the housekeeper or nanny) and Catherine's working wardrobe, but that is it. It is my understanding that certain things done in their KP apartment were paid for by the Cambridges as were things done to Anmer Hall.

I really believe the bigger issue is that a lot people are jealous that she doesn't have to work and can stay home with her kids. We live in a world where quite often both parents have to work. Some can choose to work and others can choose to not work.

Why is that only Kate has to step it up a notch for "people"? I don't see that many people complaining about William not doing much this summer or Harry not even being in the country for most of the year.

The Middletons hate seems to be not from the upper classes looking down but from jealously from the lower class that people did well for themselves by their own ideas and hard work and then their children benefited from it. In America, they would be praised not hated for that.

Several snarky/off-topic/empty posts have been deleted. It is also time to move the discussion back to the topic at hand, which is about the Annual Holiday to Mustique. Discussions about the Middletons, Catherine's official duties and engagements, the Royal Family's finances etc can be discussed on numerous threads elsewhere.

I read many years ago that it has to do with the fact that because Balmoral is so far north in Scotland "people" don't begrudge the family time in what is perceived as a cold, dreary place. However, taking vacations to "exotic, foreign" holiday spots such Spain, Switzerland, the Caribbean, etc. is cause for jealousy in certain quarters - mainly the press! :lol:

^ Beatrice, take note. Spend most of your holidays next year with Grannie in Scotland and the Daily Fail won't say a thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom