The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-03-2015, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

For me, nowadays, the paparazzi shots are only a problem if it the particular photos are a problem for the royals. If a complaint is made by William and Catherine, then I will support that. We shall have to see if they are unhappy about these latest pictures.

Old 02-03-2015, 05:44 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
For me, nowadays, the paparazzi shots are only a problem if it the particular photos are a problem for the royals. If a complaint is made by William and Catherine, then I will support that. We shall have to see if they are unhappy about these latest pictures.
I think they accept and expect them on this holiday in trade for being left alone on other.

Old 02-03-2015, 05:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I think they accept and expect them on this holiday in trade for being left alone on other.
I just think their privacy on these holidays should be respected. Perhaps if they did a photo call, then the paps would leave them alone.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-03-2015, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I doubt that would work. They gave plenty of access during their tour of Australia, but that didn't stop the paps from photographing them during their private time. Also, the Danish and Norwegian royals are good about giving access, but the paparazzi still take unauthorized photos of them during their vacations.

As much as they want (and should be given) privacy, it's probably not going to be possible in this day and age. Everyone has a camera, so even if the paps stay away, some random person on the street can take a photo and sell it. It sucks, but it's no longer possible for them to go out without being photographed.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
I doubt that would work. They gave plenty of access during their tour of Australia, but that didn't stop the paps from photographing them during their private time. Also, the Danish and Norwegian royals are good about giving access, but the paparazzi still take unauthorized photos of them during their vacations.

As much as they want (and should be given) privacy, it's probably not going to be possible in this day and age. Everyone has a camera, so even if the paps stay away, some random person on the street can take a photo and sell it. It sucks, but it's no longer possible for them to go out without being photographed.
But I think it is a big difference between pap-pictures and tourist-snaps. The first group actively seeks out and in a sense "stalk their pray" while a random person flipping out their phone to take a photo is much less intrusive to me from a moral standpoint.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:04 PM
Courtier

The paparazzi would continue to stalk them even if they did held press photocall, papazzi and tabloids media has been saying for years now that unauthorized photos are more valuable than authorized photos.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
The paparazzi would continue to stalk them even if they did held press photoshoot, papazzi and tabloids media has been saying for years now that unauthorized photos are more valuable than authorized photos.
Despite that, I think they may go back to doing a photo call at some point down the line. The Danish, Swedish, Spanish, and Dutch royals do so, but I don't think they're bothered much after that.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-03-2015, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I've seen quite a few pap photos of the Danish and Swedish royals on holiday. A few years ago, the Norwegian royals actually filed a complaint when a magazine printed phots of them on vacation. Plus even when Charles and Diana had photo calls, the press still hounded them. So sadly, I don't think a photo call will solve anything.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Despite that, I think they may go back to doing a photo call at some point down the line. The Danish, Swedish, Spanish, and Dutch royals do so, but I don't think they're bothered much after that.
You can't compare the attention that William and Catherine get to the Danish, Swedish, Spanish and Dutch royals. It is not comparable at all, those royals don't get one-tenth of the attention from the world media that the British royals get.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
You can't compare the attention that William and Catherine get to the Danish, Swedish, Spanish and Dutch royals. It is not comparable at all, those royals don't get one-tenth of the attention from the world media that the British royals get.
I'm just stating that there may be a need for a photo call once George and his little sister or brother get bigger and they start taking the kids skiing or on some other vacation. William and Catherine may always find themselves fighting for privacy, if, there isn't a compromise. The photo calls worked for the Wales's back in the day.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-03-2015, 10:16 PM
Courtier

No they didn't, the Wales were still stalk even with the photocalls so they did not work
Old 02-03-2015, 11:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Plus with the Internet, there is more places to sell photos than they were in the 80s/early 90s.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 02-04-2015, 08:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

What I really want to know is how is it that Tanna gets all those money shots, and knew Kate was pregnant in November, 2012, before anyone? Who's the mole?
Old 02-04-2015, 09:02 AM
Heir Apparent

I think Tanna must have "insider" info, JIMO.
Old 02-04-2015, 03:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I think Tanna must have "insider" info, JIMO.
Yuck.... Makes me sick that people does things like that. But doesn't surprise me, money speaks very loud to some people.
Old 02-04-2015, 03:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
No they didn't, the Wales were still stalk even with the photocalls so they did not work
Photocalls actually worked pretty well in the 1990s. The family would pose for pictures at the beginning of the holiday with the agreement that the tabloids would not publish pictures taken by paparazzi during the holiday. At that point, the only way paparazzi could make money was publishing pictures in the tabloids so they were effectively shut down at certain times.

As Skippyboo pointed out, those agreements would not work now because there are so many Internet outlets to publish pictures and the website makes money based on the number of clicks. That is why I try and avoid clicking on links to pictures taken when they are not on official engagements.
Old 02-04-2015, 10:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
What I really want to know is how is it that Tanna gets all those money shots, and knew Kate was pregnant in November, 2012, before anyone? Who's the mole?
Tanna didn't know anything, every three months he would go on twitter and hints that the palace would announce that she was pregnant, he would wait a couple of days and deleted those tweets.
One of the funniest one was when he claim that the big pregnancy announcement was about Lupo, when he was going around claiming Kate was pregnant in November 2011.
Old 02-04-2015, 11:12 PM
Aristocracy

I'm actually surprised it took a week for pictures to emerge. I expected to at least see some airport photos. There were some of Mike and Carole. Unless W & K took a private plane to their destination, I'm surprised no one on the plane took a quit snapshot, similar to the one of William looking for his seat on the plane from NYC to DC.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:31 AM
Royal Highness

Sorry reading past comments and it may be because I've had a bad day but Will and Kate need to get over it with all the terrible things happening in world having your photo taken while on a lovely holiday doesn't seem like the end of the world
Keep your pants on and you don't have anything to worry about it.
And before all privacy et etc talk they have very good lifestyle everything has a payoff

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 02-06-2015, 05:29 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketmom View Post
I'm actually surprised it took a week for pictures to emerge. I expected to at least see some airport photos. There were some of Mike and Carole. Unless W & K took a private plane to their destination, I'm surprised no one on the plane took a quit snapshot, similar to the one of William looking for his seat on the plane from NYC to DC.
They usually fly on commercial airlines. In the UK, hey tend to be driven to the airplane, so their tend not to be pictures of them. Unlike them, I suspect the Middletons either the terminal like normal passengers, and can get photographed.