The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-06-2014, 03:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

BBC Radio 4: Audio Episode-
Long lens photographs of the Duchess of Cambridge getting off a plane en route to Mustique with Prince George have appeared on the cover of Hello! magazine. Some say the publication of the photos appears to be at odds with past objections to "private" photographs of members of the royal family taken in public places. So, under what circumstances can pictures of the Royals be published? Steve Hewlett discusses the issue with Max Cisotti, who runs the agency which sold the pictures to Hello!, royal correspondent Robert Jobson, and former palace press secretary Dickie Arbiter-
BBC Radio 4 - The Media Show, DMI project; Royal pictures; media ownership; journalists in Egypt

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-06-2014, 09:30 PM
Aristocracy

I am confused. The palace approved the publication of this year's airport photos, but last year's beach photos were an invasion of privacy? I don't really see the difference, nor can I figure out what the thinking behind these decisions might be. Arbitrarily picking and choosing when they want privacy and when photos are ok is just going to muddy already murky waters and probably cause trouble in the future.

Old 02-06-2014, 09:38 PM
Heir Apparent

The royals employ one of the best law firms in Britain, I doubt they arbitrarily pick and choose but rather rely on the opinion of their lawyers.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eve2Eden View Post
I am confused. The palace approved the publication of this year's airport photos, but last year's beach photos were an invasion of privacy? I don't really see the difference, nor can I figure out what the thinking behind these decisions might be. Arbitrarily picking and choosing when they want privacy and when photos are ok is just going to muddy already murky waters and probably cause trouble in the future.
Unless they were on a private beach, then it is an invasion. But out in public like a tarmac, fair game. Kudos to Hello for asking before publishing the pics. I bet if others asked, they might be well received and allowed to publish some pictures.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:48 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't think that a photo taken in the airport is 'privacy violated', I think that picture is harmless, she is happy, the baby also, it's a normal paparazzi picture that she should get use to that...
Old 02-10-2014, 09:41 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
She's a natural! Duchess of Cambridge beams as she takes George on first family holiday
Kate Middleton makes motherhood look easy as she takes Prince George on holiday | Royal | News | Daily Express

Quote:
My George, you're a big bundle of joy now! Six-month-old Prince looks a bonny baby in Kate's arms arriving on first foreign holiday
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...n-holiday.html
Old 02-10-2014, 10:03 AM
Serene Highness

How nice for the Middletons to have Kate and George all to themselves for a week! I'm sure that William missed his little family, but he and Harry are having a little get together also.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:44 PM
Nobility

If I had several hands helping me, I wouldn't be stressed either
Old 01-22-2015, 11:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

William, Catherine and Family: Annual Holiday to Mustique (2015)

Duchess Kate Blog @HRHDuchesskate · 3h 3 hours ago
Various twitter reports stating William, Kate and George have arrived in Mustique for their annual holiday with the Middletons.

Duchess Kate Blog @HRHDuchesskate · 3h 3 hours ago
This year the group will celebrate Carole Middleton's 60th birthday during their holiday.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 01-23-2015, 06:23 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I thought I heard that William wasn't going because he was working?
Old 01-23-2015, 08:01 AM
Royal Highness

Did he go last year ? I thought he didn't . It's his mother -in-laws 60th birthday so guess an important get together

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 01-23-2015, 10:06 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I thought I heard that William wasn't going because he was working?
don't you just love when the tabloids are wrong....i certainly do...this goes to show you don't believe everything you read
Old 01-23-2015, 12:34 PM
Heir Apparent

“Prince George was reportedly very well behaved on their flight to Mustique, he was occupied with a toy giraffe.”
— Royal Watcher (@Gertsroyals)

Victoria Murphy (@QueenVicMirror)
<li class="quote">"Kate, William and George were spotted flying out there yesterday. Last year Kate went for one week, looks like this year will be up to two"

I just hope no bikini photos will appear this time...
Old 01-23-2015, 12:59 PM
Heir Apparent

I thought William could not travel on the same plane as George?
or has this rule been relaxed?
Old 01-23-2015, 01:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
I thought William could not travel on the same plane as George?
or has this rule been relaxed?
I think The Queen gives permission for William and George to travel together.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 01-25-2015, 05:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I think The Queen gives permission for William and George to travel together.
The old rule was relaxed a bit when William and Harry were very young (William flew with his parents on that first visit to Australia and all of them flew to Balmoral when Harry was an infant for example) - but once they were school-aged or so then they started to fly separately. Of course we all know that you are far more likely to have a fatal auto accident than go down in a plane...
Old 01-25-2015, 05:50 PM
Heir Apparent

The rule was put in place years ago when airflight was less safe than it is now. I think it no longer applies.

They only have to advise HMQ as to where they are

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-25-2015, 06:03 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
The rule was put in place years ago when airflight was less safe than it is now. I think it no longer applies.

They only have to advise HMQ as to where they are
I agree. Especially not when it's father and child. But I doubt they ever put the Queen and Charles in the same car or plane or such. Just in case.
Old 01-25-2015, 06:58 PM
Heir Apparent

General News for The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Part 2: January 2015

Charles, Harry and William all flew back together when the Queen Mum died. They were skiing at Klosters at the time. They just had to ask for permission.

You had the Queen and Charles in a open carriage driving thru London for the Diamond Jubilee. If someone wanted to take them out, they could do it.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 01-30-2015, 01:58 AM
Courtier

If you have an interest in the island of Mustique and the locations of the various houses/villas associated with the Cambridges - be aware that "Google Earth" shows the names of the buildings.

You can see the location of Rocina, 2015's villa, or Aurora and Hibiscus used in previous years.

There is no Street View of course, and if the villa you are after doesn't show, just type in the name and it will pop up.

Also Macaroni Beach, Basil's Bar etc., that we've come to know from reports over the years, and the home princess Margaret had built, Les Jolies Eaux.

Actually, each of the four villas above have marvellous photos on their own rental websites - all very beautiful places.

Les Jolies Eaux and Hibiscus have video walk-throughs as well.

(Perhaps Aurora and Rocina will in the future - all four villas have the same web design.)

Interesting information in the "View this season's Island Guide" in the bottom right of the villa websites - with utterly gorgeous photos.

Wonder if Prince George will get taken along to the Friday night children's movie - like a mini drive-in with the little island electric buggies.