The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-22-2018, 02:13 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Seen on Twitter this evening that the Cambridges and the Middletons were spotted in St Lucia getting off a flight and onto a private plane ...perhaps headed to Mustique?

LaRae
I think they are in Mustique - and I think this is why -

https://mustique-island.com/static/f...chure.html#p=4

Celebrating Mustique's 50th Anniversary

Bet the island is packed with all the regulars. If you could, why wouldn't you go and catch up with everyone else.

Old 07-31-2018, 06:40 PM
Royal Highness

"Hello" confirming Kate and William attended the Gold Gala on Mustique.

A few details -

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalt...que-exclusive/

Lots of photos on the many public "Mustique" instagram accounts on the internet, of the various activities held on the island last week for the celebration of the 50th - photos and videos.

Fireworks, art auctions, special craft market, beach picnics, group photocalls, a white-themed party, re-launching of a re-vamped "Basil's Bar".

And some references to the royal couple, from people there - in general terms.

(Also, lots of media reporting they will be back in time to attend the wedding in Churt, Surrey this Saturday.)

Old 08-07-2018, 05:04 PM
Royal Highness

A private jet, balloons and a huge cake for George's birthday flown out, couples massages for William and Kate, the children painting pictures for the Queen, a six-bedroom villa, Charlotte loving the 60ft. pool -

- several details of this latest Mustique holiday.

https://www.closerweekly.com/posts/k...acation-164262

(Will they really buy their own place there as claimed?)

Not all rental villas on the island fit this description - so maybe they stayed at "Plantation House".

Price for July, pool size and number of bedrooms all fit, plus it's up on a hillside and more private.

A very nice video of "Plantation House" - if it's ever confirmed that they did indeed stay here.

A Google Earth of the location of "Plantation House" - on it's own road through a lot of vegetation, obviously very private.

#googleearth https://earth.app.goo.gl/?apn=com.go...0777235h,0t,0r

And that's Princess Margaret's villa "Les Jolies Eaux" on the headland, (where the pool is visible, the roof of the house is dark), and just behind her house, "Obsidian" which was Lord Litchfield's, (again with a dark roof, so not standing out, but just up the hill from Margaret's.)

#googleearth https://earth.app.goo.gl/ZfLcMp
Old 09-20-2018, 08:46 PM
Royal Highness

Did you squish your hand in the cement too George, when you were there during the fiftieth anniversary celebrations?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn9UMkIn...agged=mustique
Old 07-18-2019, 01:56 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Cambridge’s have apparently jetted off to Mustique.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/95...mmer-holidays/
Old 07-18-2019, 02:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Not surprised...I've been waiting to hear this since their last engagement.

LaRae
Old 07-18-2019, 02:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Makes perfect sense, the kids will have finished school and its a few days before most state schools finish this Friday or sometime next week (though I'm sure W&K aren't worrying about the rise in prices for flights during peak holiday time lol)
Old 07-18-2019, 03:49 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Makes perfect sense, the kids will have finished school and its a few days before most state schools finish this Friday or sometime next week (though I'm sure W&K aren't worrying about the rise in prices for flights during peak holiday time lol)
Must be nice for some! The Cambridges are lucky not to know the hassle of trying to book a holiday earlier to avoid higher costs and fitting it in with work or school schedules at the same time
I hope they have a lovely time in Mustique.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-18-2019, 03:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I can imagine that the Cambridge kids are going to have a blast. There's nothing like summertime and being on the beach, swimming in the water and collecting sea shells and building sand castles. I wonder if any of their sand castles will resemble one of Gan-Gan's castles?
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 07-18-2019, 04:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Wonder if the other Middletons are going?
They usually do, don't they?
Old 07-31-2019, 08:05 AM
Royal Highness

William, Kate and Kate's parents have now returned to the UK ... on Tuesday.

Here is the floor plan, meals menus, twelve photos, video, and other details of the property they stayed in ... built in 2016 by William's friend.

https://www.mustique-island.com/villa/antilles/
Old 07-31-2019, 04:47 PM
Serene Highness

Oh wow. Thanks for the link.
Old 07-31-2019, 05:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
William, Kate and Kate's parents have now returned to the UK ... on Tuesday.

Here is the floor plan, meals menus, twelve photos, video, and other details of the property they stayed in ... built in 2016 by William's friend.

https://www.mustique-island.com/villa/antilles/
If I had the money or the connections I'd stay there every summer holiday. Beautiful, and look at that view.

Must be nice.
Old 07-31-2019, 06:44 PM
Serene Highness

What does the rest of the island look like. Are there nice hikingtracks? Historical sights to visit? Etc.
Old 08-01-2019, 04:08 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
What does the rest of the island look like. Are there nice hikingtracks? Historical sights to visit? Etc.
I wanted to know the same so did a quick Google search on the island and found out that apart from a few residential villages (the island has a total population of 500 out of holiday season, and 1,000+ in holiday season) for the islanders most other parts of Mustique were virtually uninhabited until the 1950s, when it was bought by the Hon. Colin Tennant and his family. It seems that there are mostly beaches on the island in terms of tourist attractions, but visitors can do lots of sea based activities such as scuba diving, sailing etc. There are, however, hiking and horse riding activities available for lucky guests as well as a spa and golf club.

Some more info:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mustique
https://www.mustique-island.com/activities/

Old 08-02-2019, 11:24 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks. I didn't have the time to do it myself.
Old 08-02-2019, 11:52 AM
Aristocracy

Well, I would consider it for a vacay

It looks quite peaceful. What did me in were the nighttime views in the video. All that and a butler, chef, housekeeper and gardener on site---and THREE small children is the best of the unreal and the precious realities of parenthood.
Old 08-02-2019, 04:17 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I'd certainly consider it too if I had the money!

Old 08-03-2019, 07:35 AM
Heir Apparent

I probably wouldn't.

Not really a beachy person, and resorts bore me.
My idea of a nice vacation is a city with plenty of theatres, museums, historical sites, etc.

But to each his own.
Old 08-03-2019, 08:45 AM
Courtier

Mustique looks lovely & the main attractions for them are probably the weather & the privacy. They have servants at home & beaches near Anmer but it can be quite bracing up there & much harder to avoid cameras.