The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-19-2012, 04:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
Wow, those are great pictures Daria, thank you. Its really nice to see how William has grown through the years. Its hard to believe that he is 30. It seems like only yeaterday that he was a young boy and his mom was in the news. I remember seeing him on the tele either skiing or doing something with his mom. Amazing how fast the years go by.
I feel the same way. I'm around his age, so in a way, it's kind of like growing up and observing him having experiences that are similar to mine (such as graduating secondary school, starting university, graduating from university). I remember when I watched him walk behind his mother's coffin, I thought that he was a very strong person. In the midst of grief, he was able to pull through and do what's expected. I also remember thinking that if I were in his shoes, I would not have been able to do that.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I feel the same way. I'm around his age, so in a way, it's kind of like growing up and observing him having experiences that are similar to mine (such as graduating secondary school, starting university, graduating from university). I remember when I watched him walk behind his mother's coffin, I thought that he was a very strong person. In the midst of grief, he was able to pull through and do what's expected. I also remember thinking that if I were in his shoes, I would not have been able to do that.
I totally agree with you. I still remember that day, it's increible that he had 30 years, I see him like that boy boy of 15 years old boy.
of course he is a man now

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 06-19-2012, 07:35 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Yes, you would. There is strenth to be found in protocoll and discipline.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:23 PM
Serene Highness

Well I would think even though you grow up with protocol and discipline being his age when all that happened and everything he went through the emotions going through him must have been intense and for all we know he might have lashed out behind closed doors maybe cryed and let out the anger and pain that was within him. But if you are saying he held up in public then yes, he did the best he could do. Frankly I think he was numb and in shock. Thats why I think there wasnt much emotion when seen in public.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:31 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Well I would think even though you grow up with protocol and discipline being his age when all that happened and everything he went through the emotions going through him must have been intense and for all we know he might have lashed out behind closed doors maybe cryed and let out the anger and pain that was within him. But if you are saying he held up in public then yes, he did the best he could do. Frankly I think he was numb and in shock. Thats why I think there wasnt much emotion when seen in public.
That's exactly what I meant and I should have explained myself better. Thank you. I have no doubt that he was in shock and probably didn't want to deal with the emotions that came with losing his mother and pushed it to the back of his head.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:28 AM
Serene Highness

Exactly. I understood what you were trying to say. We are on the same page. :)
Old 06-20-2012, 01:18 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Exactly. I understood what you were trying to say. We are on the same page. :)
Whew *fans self in relief* . I'm glad to hear that .

Old 06-20-2012, 02:19 AM
Aristocracy

nice video on William @30
I hope they get to enjoy as much normality as they can it will be better in the long run for both their relationship and Williams eventual role as monarch.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:21 AM
Heir Apparent

William in pix from the Telegraph. My favourite is him trying to climb the steps

Prince William in pictures - Telegraph

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-20-2012, 11:18 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Prince William plans 'low-key and private' birthday celebration as he prepares for future role as King
Quote:
More than 300 friends and family were invited to an African-themed birthday bash at Windsor Castle to mark Prince William's 21st. But palace officials have announced that the Duke of Cambridge will be keeping celebrations 'low-key' and 'private' as he turns 30 tomorrow. It has been rumoured that his wife Kate, who marked the milestone in January, was planning a party to remember and had enlisted the help of friend and London club owner Guy Pelly.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:46 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
William in pix from the Telegraph. My favourite is him trying to climb the steps

Oh my goodness, in the first picture of Charles and Diana on the hospital steps, Charles looks just like Harry!
Old 06-20-2012, 01:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Another picture gallery - this time from Hello

Prince William at 30: The boy who would be king - hellomagazine.com

#23 is a bit special!

Old 06-20-2012, 08:36 PM
Majesty

Quote:

I've never seen the picture where he's trying to climb the steps. How precious . Great gallery.

Quote:
Another picture gallery - this time from Hello

Prince William at 30: The boy who would be king - hellomagazine.com

#23 is a bit special!
This was another great set of pictures. He has a smile that can light up the entire room.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:03 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Prince William turns 30: Will he be forced to ditch the job he loves as his royal destiny calls? | Mail Online
Old 06-21-2012, 06:11 AM
Courtier

Duke of Cambridge inherits £10m on his 30th birthday ... but a country pile will have to wait - Telegraph
Old 06-21-2012, 06:12 AM
Courtier

I think they will celebrate at Highgrove house in Gloucestershire!
Old 06-21-2012, 09:29 AM
Heir Apparent

More bits of birthday fluff!

Prince William's 30th birthday: 30 facts about the Duke - Telegraph

Old 06-21-2012, 09:59 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

If I'm correct, there is a new portrait in this weeks Hello! to mark William's birthday. Very similar to the engagement picture and Catherine is in a lovely black suit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2793866886.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	195.3 KB
ID:	285773  
Old 06-21-2012, 10:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
If I'm correct, there is a new portrait in this weeks Hello! to mark William's birthday. Very similar to the engagement picture and Catherine is in a lovely black suit.
this is their official tour portrait for their trip to Canada and US
Old 06-21-2012, 10:24 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

It was yes. Shame we haven't had a new one for this occasion.