The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-15-2012, 02:26 PM
Serene Highness

Okay, I am missing something. Given the conversation - is it viewed as auspicious or something to be born/wed during an eclipse? I have always been under the impression (in my limited knowledge of these things) that a solar eclipse is viewed as an ill-omen. To be born during a solar eclipse means that the sun forces - the good stuff - were obscured and a sort of 'window' was available for dark energies to happen/arrive, etc. I may be scrambling this. (The same would go for a lunar eclipse except in reverse - lunar forces - generally considered problematic - would have been impeded and hence events would be of a more positive impact).

If you are all saying this would have been a chosen 'coincidence' - what is the thinking going on about it? Given what I have always understood I would think that if it mattered to them at all they would be trying to avoid these eclipses. Many thanks in advance for all answers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
This whole conversation is just ridiculous, stop trying to make a mountain out of a molehill in regards to an event most people don't even notice or care about. Just celebrate the mana birthday and not treat it as some astrological sign of the second coming.
I don't get this. If you don't like the conversation, don't particiapte. Makes sense rather than denigrate through inference that people's interests are spurious. I get enough of that from my milieu when I happen to mention my interest in royalty.

Old 06-15-2012, 02:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Having an interest is one thing, making something up like William's birth was planned to land on a date that 70% of the populace don't even know about unless they look at small print on a calendar is another. His birthday is coming up, what is wrong with just celebrating that & looking at the past 30yrs. Why have to dig for rumors and signs that don't exist? I agree with Lumutqueen that this is silly.
Does anyone know if William has plans to celebrate hisbirthday. I have always thought it would be funny if Kate watched the videos of Willliam as a baby and toddler on YouTube and she giggles non-stop while he cringes.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 06-15-2012, 02:38 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbrida
The boy's mother said he was induced, referred to "Diana: Her True Story in Her Own Words". Not that much a rumor.
Because that book is reliable.

A quote from Buckingham Palace, a bit more reliable;
"Buckingham Palace would not comment on any specific claims, and said Diana did not co-operate with the biography in any way whatsoever."

Quote:
Every day has it own schedule, the same as April 9. Actually since the Grant National was on April 9 that, it caused a conflict in TV schedule. What do I mean here is Charles did not give too much concern on the Grant National when he chose his wedding date.
Excuse me? The wedding was supposedly chosen as the 8th over the 9th because the Grand National was on that day. Grand National was planned before the wedding. To move the wedding to the 9th caused less hassle than to move it for 2 weeks or 3 weeks later.

However I don't see why the solar eclipse has any bearing on any days you mention? Does it make William a better man? Did someone kill Pope John Paul so he'd specifically have a funeral on a solar eclipse? Makes no sense but plain coincidence.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe Pope John stopped his own heart so he would die on a certain day.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:53 PM
Aristocracy

Ordinary people might not care. But we are talking about the British Royal Family, whose members are famous for their interests in Astrology or Religion.

Just found out that Duchess of Cambridge was born on January 9, 1982, which was a lunar eclipse day. So husband was on a day solar eclipsed, and wife was born on a day lunar eclipsed. What a couple!!!
Old 06-15-2012, 02:59 PM
Courtier

I think this astrological stuff should bein its own topic, rather than the topic of the program about Prince William at 30.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:06 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Ordinary people might not care. But we are talking about the British Royal Family, whose members are famous for their interests in Astrology or Religion.

Just found out that Duchess of Cambridge was born on January 9, 1982, which was a lunar eclipse day. So husband was on a day solar eclipsed, and wife was born on a day lunar eclipsed. What a couple!!!
Who said the BRF has an interest in astrology? Or even religion for that matter? Is it another book?
Old 06-15-2012, 03:06 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Because that book is reliable.

A quote from Buckingham Palace, a bit more reliable;
"Buckingham Palace would not comment on any specific claims, and said Diana did not co-operate with the biography in any way whatsoever."

Excuse me? The wedding was supposedly chosen as the 8th over the 9th because the Grand National was on that day. Grand National was planned before the wedding. To move the wedding to the 9th caused less hassle than to move it for 2 weeks or 3 weeks later.

However I don't see why the solar eclipse has any bearing on any days you mention? Does it make William a better man? Did someone kill Pope John Paul so he'd specifically have a funeral on a solar eclipse? Makes no sense but plain coincidence.
Excuse me? Why it must be 2 or 3 weeks later? Why not next Monday, Tuesday, ...

Who says someone kill Pope John Paul. If is his fate, or you can say God's will. About his funeral, it was indeed chosen by PEOPLE in the church, ON PURPOSE.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:31 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:

Excuse me? Why it must be 2 or 3 weeks later? Why not next Monday, Tuesday, ...

Who says someone kill Pope John Paul. If is his fate, or you can say God's will. About his funeral, it was indeed chosen by PEOPLE in the church, ON PURPOSE.
Like I've already said moving it 4 days after the initial wedding date would affect a lot of things, such as the attendance of guests, the wedding venue, the food booked, the cancelled engagements of members of the royal family if they moved it to Monday or Tuesday. It was easy to move it one day.

And exactly how can you prove that date was chosen for the funeral for the specific reason of it coincided with an eclipse? Or is it just another rumour?
Old 06-15-2012, 03:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

Your explanation just explains why Charles would have not chosen 9th April, but
does not explain why he chose 8th April. Except for 9th April, there are still bunch of days in April, or he could even choose another month.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:38 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Your explanation just explains why Charles would have not chosen 9th April, but
does not explain why he chose 8th April. Except for 9th April, there are still bunch of days in April, or he could even choose another month.
I was never explaining why Charles and Camilla chose the 8th. I was explaining why they moved the wedding date a day rather than two or three. I also explained why the 9th was not initially chosen.
The only people who know the reason behind their choice is Charles and Camilla, if there is a reason and it wasn't just an easy day for everyone.

This conversation doesn't explain why you think the solar eclipse link means anything? Does it make William a better man? Is Charles marriage going to last because he chose the 8th. It's amusing.

Also could you answer my other questions? How do you know the royals believe in astrology? How do you know the people in the Vatican specifically chose the 8th for the reason of the eclipse? Have you got insider info?

I think I'll leave this now, it's all just rumours with meaningless coincidence.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:50 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
And exactly how can you prove that date was chosen for the funeral for the specific reason of it coincided with an eclipse? Or is it just another rumour?
I would not say it is a rumor. To me it is a reasonable speculation based on facts. Charles and Camilla's wedding date was already set and well known around the world. But the Catholic Church still went ahead and picked that day.
Wired.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbrida View Post
I would not say it is a rumor. To me it is a reasonable speculation based on facts. Charles and Camilla's wedding date was already set and well known around the world. But the Catholic Church still went ahead and picked that day.
Wired.
VERY unlikely that the Vatican timed a funeral of a Pope to clash or not clash with a wedding of a royal elsewhere that everyone knew would be low-key anyway. I think we can reasonably surmise that the choice of funeral day was not with any consideration of what was going on elsewhere, on or off the earth. Even if the Sovereign themself were marrying - a funeral is a funeral - the Pope would have been buried regardless - one fervently hopes.

I think I can reasonably assert that the Roman Catholic Church does not subscribe to astrology - and would not be planning a funeral with an eye to the auspices of the sky. Its not what that religion is about - in fact, it is counter to all that.

All that said, I do not think anyone consciously chose anything - birth or death, wedding or funeral - with an eye to the sky. However, you need to flip this the other way - according to astrology, certain activities will occur under certain influences. Hence people will be drawn to certain moments. That a solar eclipse 'oversaw' all that activity 'makes sense' within the rationales of astrology. Certain influences would have been augmented - what those influences would have been would be determined by current sun sign in which the event took place, retrogrades, rising signs, etc. In sum - there would have to be a Court Astrologer at Buckingham Palace (as there was in the Imperial Palace of China, your august nation, in its past) to make all the calculations - as well as in the Vatican. Neither institution has such.

Its interesting to look at, however - I'll grant you that.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:

Wired.
His funeral was 6 days after he passed. Given the logistics of it all, that's not bad at all. Plus, they had to pepare for the conclave to select the next Pope. I think they had more pressing issues than ensuring the funeral occured during an eclipse. Nothing weird, no conspiracy or anything. Things happen. Better to wait one day for the wedding than 2,3...anyway.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:36 PM
Nobility

Back on topic...

I finally got a chance to sit down and watch the documentary. I don't think I learned anything new about William, but it was a nice compilation of footage of William from infancy to adulthood. It was also nice to hear from the man who was actually rescued by William and his helicopter crew.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thena
Back on topic...

I finally got a chance to sit down and watch the documentary. I don't think I learned anything new about William, but it was a nice compilation of footage of William from infancy to adulthood. It was also nice to hear from the man who was actually rescued by William and his helicopter crew.
So was this just a broad, general look at William's life and didn't really focus too much on things, or just highlight certain events in his life?. I must admit his SAR work interests me, so it might be worthwile to watch, even if I have to listen to Katie Nicholl!!
Old 06-15-2012, 08:52 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I was never explaining why Charles and Camilla chose the 8th. I was explaining why they moved the wedding date a day rather than two or three. I also explained why the 9th was not initially chosen.
The only people who know the reason behind their choice is Charles and Camilla, if there is a reason and it wasn't just an easy day for everyone.

This conversation doesn't explain why you think the solar eclipse link means anything? Does it make William a better man? Is Charles marriage going to last because he chose the 8th. It's amusing.

Also could you answer my other questions? How do you know the royals believe in astrology? How do you know the people in the Vatican specifically chose the 8th for the reason of the eclipse? Have you got insider info?

I think I'll leave this now, it's all just rumours with meaningless coincidence.
Sure everything is speculation. I can ask you the same question -- How do you know they didn't take the solar eclipse into account. Actually, I original argument does not focus on Charles' second wedding. My main topic is the coincidence of the rare phenomenon with Prince William's date of birth, and Princess Diana mentioned that William's birth was induced.

About your challenge of the liability of the Andrew Morton's book. Do we really need to argue about Diana's role in that book nowadays, in 2012? The book's problem is it didn't tell all the truths -- not comprehensive enough, but the things it did tell are quite reliable. It is a not comprehensive, but reliable book, in my opinion.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:24 PM
Administrator

Let's get back on topic....the actual television program.

Any and all additional posts will be deleted without notice.

Thanks!

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 06-15-2012, 10:03 PM
Aristocracy

Honestly, the program is quite boring. The only dazzling point is Prince William was dreadfully gorgeous when he was around 18, or 19.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

someone give Thena a medal for attempting to get this back on topic! Since the wedding I have noticed that no one really has anything new to say about William or his life and I have generally stopped watching any supposed "new" programs about him or Kate.