William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Kate will be compared to Diana all her life, and I can't see the wisdom in using her wedding date or birthdate to encourage any more comparisons. Although, this is probably something that the press would want: more to blab on about.;)

Quite right, there is no shortage of dates over the summer months to have a weekend wedding in 2011 that is not either Diana's birthday, death anniversary or wedding anniversary.

Per my post #2336, the magazine claims that they are looking to marry in June and/or July but they don't specifically mention Diana's birthday...according to the article they are thinking July 23rd.

Per my post #2336, the magazine claims that they are looking to marry in June and/or July but they don't specifically mention Diana's birthday...according to the article they are thinking July 23rd.

July 23rd 2011 is the 25th anniversary of the marriage of Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson, so highly unlikely that date will be used!

If we go back to every date in the summer, that was another royals wedding, birthday date, death date, William and Kate will never marry.. The royals are inclinded to having big events on these dates. I will have to look it up but I am queit sure that there have been a number of weddings on peoples DATES...

July 23rd 2011 is the 25th anniversary of the marriage of Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson, so highly unlikely that date will be used!

Yes, I know...I also point that out in my original post.

Quite right, there is no shortage of dates over the summer months to have a weekend wedding in 2011 that is not either Diana's birthday, death anniversary or wedding anniversary.

The British royals rarely marry on weekends (at least major royals). Charles, Andrew and Anne all married on Wednesday's with only Edward marrying on a Saturday.

From Richard Palmer's Twitter:

Royal spokesman Paddy Harverson on claims William and Kate made a secret pact to wed: "It's completely untrue. Absolutely wrong."

Prince Charles's communcations secretary Paddy Harverson has spoken out publicly to try to quash rumours Will+Kate are secretly engaged.

Didn't Buckingham Palace deny Princess Anne was engaged and a week later she announced it?

A lot of well known people have a habit of denying things before they are officially announced. Its their pregorative I guess, to announce it when THEY are ready and not before. So its only official when its officially announced.

With this flurry of stories in the media, I would almost think something was up; except when you look more closely at the stories, no one seems to have any inside information. Most of it is speculation based "Kate's parents were at Balmoral; William and Kate attended a wedding and looked happy together; 2011 is a good year for the two of them to marry; they've been together a long time", etc.

I almost think that a few media outlets try to push the story for lack of better headlines, and then other media outlets pick up on it and it snowballs from there. William and Kate obviously sell.

With this flurry of stories in the media, I would almost think something was up; except when you look more closely at the stories, no one seems to have any inside information. Most of it is speculation based "Kate's parents were at Balmoral; William and Kate attended a wedding and looked happy together; 2011 is a good year for the two of them to marry; they've been together a long time", etc.

I almost think that a few media outlets try to push the story for lack of better headlines, and then other media outlets pick up on it and it snowballs from there. William and Kate obviously sell.

I agree with you, but what makes me think that this time there could actually be some truth to these stories, is the fact that in all this time (beginning with the Royal Mint story half October) no one from Clarence House, Buckingham Palace or the inner circle of William and Catherine responded to all these rumours and tried to rebut these speculations.
That makes me suspect there could actually be something in the works behind the scenes.
And besides that, their romance is a solid one obviously and it would make perfect sense to marry in 2011, before the Queen's Diamond Jubilee and the Olympic Games in 2012.
I think that to marry in 2013 or later is not an option for both William & Catherine and the Royal Family. I have a feeling that they probably can't stand another 2 or 3 years with all this speculation.

It's about time a royal spokesperson spoke out. The stories were getting out of hand -- largely fueled by Katie Nicholl's book launching in the US

From Richard Palmer's Twitter:

Didn't Buckingham Palace deny Princess Anne was engaged and a week later she announced it?

They may have been right to say she wasn't engaged a week before the announcement depending exactly on when she was engaged in relation to the announcement e.g. 'no she is not engaged' on the Monday, but they get engaged on the Thursday and announce the following Monday - perfectly accurate.

I saw the issue of Us Weekly with Prince William and Kate on the cover (but didn't buy it). In the article they made the blatant error of referring to Prince William as "the Prince of Wales"! So much for credibility.

I saw the issue of Us Weekly with Prince William and Kate on the cover (but didn't buy it). In the article they made the blatant error of referring to Prince William as "the Prince of Wales"! So much for credibility.

Well technically he will be invested as the Prince of Wales after his father ascends the throne. I can't imagine that KING Charles wouldn't bestow that investiture on his heir. However, you are talking about a US rag mag, which obviously doesn't check their facts. Embarrassing...:ohmy:.

Well technically he will be invested as the Prince of Wales after his father ascends the throne. I can't imagine that KING Charles wouldn't bestow that investiture on his heir. However, you are talking about a US rag mag, which obviously doesn't check their facts. Embarrassing...:ohmy:.

We actually don't know if he will be The Prince of Wales, given the growing nationalism in Wales. Charles, I suspect will seek the views if the Welsh Parliament and other leading Welshmen at the time and will guided by them.

Back to an earlier post. Why are the "bigger"/"more important" royal weddings on Wednesdays?

Back to an earlier post. Why are the "bigger"/"more important" royal weddings on Wednesdays?

It's the middle of the week.
Or maybe the royals have chosen the dates and they happen to be on wednesdays.

Charles' 2nd marraige was on a saturday I believe.

It's the middle of the week.
Or maybe the royals have chosen the dates and they happen to be on wednesdays.

Charles' 2nd marraige was on a saturday I believe.
It was on a Saturday but would have been on a Friday if it would have not been postponed for one day because of the funeral of the Pope.

I understand picking a date that has some meaning to you, and planning your wedding around that date. But the BRF do have a lot of grand weddings on Wednesdays. It just seems interesting to me, and I wondered if it was a BRF tradition, or something else. Here in America most weddings, even the big "high society" ones, are on Saturday.

Selfish me, I don't want to wait that long to see all the silk, satin, and jewels.........

Prince William to miss Sandringham Christmas after volunteering at RAF Valley | Mail Online

I know that there has been speculation that William wouldn't be at Sandringham this Christmas because of the tradtion that new and unmarried personnel do the shifts over Christmas and this confirms that rumour.

Again no Kate at Sandringham on Christmas Day but I did find it interesting that the report is that she has been there three times on Boxing Day for the traditional pheasant shoot.

However if William is in Wales she won't make Sandringham and he won't be getting the Queen's permission over Christmas. Of course he could already have it or not be planning on seeking her permission in the foreseeably future.

The speculations just keep coming.

...and coming and coming. It will be interesting to see how all of this drama will end.

Guess we will have to wait and see! But the waiting is driving me crazy! :lol:

It's normal this time of year for these engagement rumours, being the holiday season and all....there is nothing new

I would have though William would have wanted to spend christmas with his family. I'm slightly dissappointed by this, not because of the no engagement. Just that he won't be with his family.

Perhaps it is because of all the speculation and the pressure put on him by TRF?
Next year Carole Middleton had better kill two deer at a shoot and then the rumours are really going to run riot.
It seems that duty comes first with William, and that is the way it should be.
His grandmother, The Queen, must approve as she was taught to put duty first and always has.

I suppose the papers can now start printing the "Kate's last Christmas at home" stories again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom