William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides I won't be surprised if he marries outside his race...

Outside his race? Good luck trying to explain to the British their future queen is African or Asian or something else Society has advanced, but not that much, lets not push it we don't want to spark a republic movement!

I think Harry would be a great king but I don't know if he'd be a better king than William.

I like the fact that royals are now marrying commoners. Most royals are in some way related...so even if Harry goes back 200 years he's still probably marrying his distant cousin. Which is just nasty! I don't care how far back it is. Royals marrying royals are over. Besides I won't be surprised if he marries outside his race...

I quite agree that Harry would be a great King, if something happened William which required Harry to step up. But William would be a better king than Harry, something about William tells me that he's more "king-like"

I do hope one day royal-royal marriages will come back into "fashion", but for now I think it's over.
I'd be surprised if William and Harry marry out of their race, future generations maybe.

10th June wedding that article says, to coincide with Prince Phillips 90th.

The article says a June 3rd rehearsal and a June 4th wedding, a bit further down.

Well it speculates at the top about June 10th and so it would deflect attention away from what would have been the 30th wedding anniversary of Diana and Charles.

I like the fact that royals are now marrying commoners. Most royals are in some way related...so even if Harry goes back 200 years he's still probably marrying his distant cousin. Which is just nasty! I don't care how far back it is. Royals marrying royals are over. Besides I won't be surprised if he marries outside his race...

Marrying commoners has some great disadvantages as well. For example, commoners often have difficulties adjusting to royal lifestyle.

Besides, I don't see anything wrong in marrying someone if your most recent common ancestor lived 200 years ago. Most people don't even know their 3rd cousins, let alone 8th or so.:ermm:

Outside his race? Good luck trying to explain to the British their future queen is African or Asian or something else Society has advanced, but not that much, lets not push it we don't want to spark a republic movement!

Black queen consort? That would be easy. How about explaining to the British people why their future monarch looks so different from them? A black King of the UK, a blue-eyed Emperor of Japan or a blond King of Tonga would, I am afraid, only alienate the people from the monarchies. There is a reason why the British Royal Family tried so hard to hide their German ancestry.

I do hope one day royal-royal marriages will come back into "fashion"...

Me too.

I think Charles will be the last regal, reigning British monarch. I'm not talking blood, I'm talking regal. I don't believe either heir will develop a regal attitude. Hope I'm wrong, but just looking at society as a whole, becoming regal just might be impossible. Everything is just so sloppy now.

I think William is the sense of regal about him, his grandmother has put that in him.
But after that thinks will change because HM is not around.

I should hope we have advanced as a society to where it doesn't matter anymore whether the bride is green from Mars as long as she comported herself regally (as Kitty said) and supported the King and served the country and the BRF that she represents.

Black queen consort? That would be easy. How about explaining to the British people why their future monarch looks so different from them? A black King of the UK, a blue-eyed Emperor of Japan or a blond King of Tonga would, I am afraid, only alienate the people from the monarchies. There is a reason why the British Royal Family tried so hard to hide their German ancestry.

That's exactly what I was trying to say, someone said he might marry out of his race and I think that would ruin the Monarchy.

That's exactly what I was trying to say, someone said he might marry out of his race and I think that would ruin the Monarchy.

I wouldn't say it would ruin the monarchy, it would be a shock and I don't see it happen until after William is King.

I should hope we have advanced as a society to where it doesn't matter anymore whether the bride is green from Mars as long as she comported herself regally (as Kitty said) and supported the King and served the country and the BRF that she represents.

Britain does have an advanced society, however IMO the people who are advanced aren't very into the monarchy.

I heartily disagree. I can only think that whomever she is and whatever her color-- if she is up to the task and they are in love she will only ADD to the monarchy and not alienate it.
Do not forget HM rules many people of many colors and races. And PC wants to be Defender of Faith, not THE Faith. Many faiths.

I heartily disagree. I can only think that whomever she is and whatever her color-- if she is up to the task and they are in love she will only ADD to the monarchy and not alienate it.
Do not forget HM rules many people of many colors and races. And PC wants to be Defender of Faith, not THE Faith. Many faiths.

I agree with you here.

Also, the reason in the past that marriages were between royals of different realms were mostly arranged for political treaties and alliances between the different kingdoms. With the world becoming as globalized as it has in the 21st century, marriages between royalties is positively archaic and doesn't serve the purpose that it used to.

I wonder if Will and Kate know about their wedding yet? :)

Ah, now we know what happened to this year's June announcement and November wedding per Tina Brown--someone transposed the months!!! Silly mistake.

Ummmm--although I will be absolutely delighted if this is true--not holding my breath.

Of course next summer will see the 90th birthday celebrations for Prince Philip and we know that the Queen will won't to honour him in some special way and an engaged or newly married Prince William would over shadow that (Philip probably wouldn't mind of course).

Of course I will be proved wrong with the announcement taking place soon but... I wouldn't be surprised to see an engagement announcement in July next year (after Philip's celebrations with a wedding in the winter so that the excitement is over before the Jubilee celebrations the following summer.

Have we seen this yet?

This week in New Idea - New Idea Magazine - Yahoo!7 Lifestyle

In a revealing interview that’s set to rock the monarchy, a member of Prince
William’s inner circle has spoken exclusively to New Idea to expose the young royal’s darkest secrets: his flings, his loathing of royal duties and the real
reason he’s stalling over marrying girlfriend Kate Middleton – he’s still in love
with his first love, the woman named as his ‘true soulmate’.

...I don't see why there is all this fuss for William and Harry to marry European princesses- why not let them marry for love? We saw what happened when their father married for duty rather than for love. Do you really want these boys to have to endure the same experience?

And as Zonk said- Harry is certainly not dating a European royal... nor has he ever! I also think that your assessment of who would make a better king based on who they are dating is completely off base.
I didn't say I liked Harry cause of who he is dating. The poster before me implyied I did. I said I wish William could marry a royal. I also said I like Harry better. I never claimed Harry was dating a royal, Just cause I throw a few ideas out there, why do you link them all as one?
I think Charles will be the last regal, reigning British monarch. I'm not talking blood, I'm talking regal. I don't believe either heir will develop a regal attitude. Hope I'm wrong, but just looking at society as a whole, becoming regal just might be impossible. Everything is just so sloppy now.
Is charles regal? I thought him very commical in apearence and nature. Maybe just my perception, even the HM doesn't seem too regal to me. Victoria was the last british monarch I consider REAL regal. Maybe someone can enlighten me on thier view of regal.
...With the world becoming as globalized as it has in the 21st century, marriages between royalties is positively archaic and doesn't serve the purpose that it used to.
I wouldn't call it archaic if it is for love. imagine a true love between 2 royals from different realms. hahaha bit romantic illusion but nice thought indeed.
didn't this happen before? charles, dianna, camster?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is charles regal? I thought him very commical in apearence and nature. Maybe just my perception, even the HM doesn't seem too regal to me. Victoria was the last british monarch I consider REAL regal. Maybe someone can enlighten me on thier view of regal.

Actually I think this would make a great thread. What defines regal.

HM to me is the prime example of what a regnant is. Being a symbol of a history of the then Empire, then the UK and Commonwealth nations, she is at all times above reproach in duty and service. She takes her duties very seriously and perhaps at times, it affected her family. We have to remember too that when the Queen ascended the throne, Fleet Street had respect for the monarch. This has changed over the years drastically.

Charles, his siblings, his marriages and his children have seen the changes in the media grow to where they are more portrayed as celebrities more so than what they symbolize. NO real attention is paid in the rags about Charles' fight for architectural structure in neighborhood, nor his work in the agricultural milieu. Separate beds.. separate homes for Charles and Camilla.. that makes the news and they're all spicy.

Victoria and Albert were a true love story. They worked together, they laughed together and they loved together. I think their legacy is well and alive in the current British Royal Family. Maybe in another 100 years we'll read HM's diaries and think the same..

It looks like someone at the New Idea magazine had a boring night and actually read Katie's "William and Harry". And.. I thank the gods I don't buy these rags (actually I don't buy any newspapers or magazines.. but that's besides the point).

Yes... Wills did have flings when he was at uni or going to the bars and whatnot... getting physical with someone does not necessarily mean that you are "in love".

William has often stated when he was younger that he'd rather NOT be King... he's grown since and I must say very admirably into the role of a future king way down the line from now.. he's still only heir to the heir. One reason too why i think he's so private with whatever is going on in his life. He doesn't want to be really in the all glaring public flashbulbs.. err eye until he says he is.

Ahhh.. the soul mate got to me here. What the article wants you to think is that a soul mate is the One. I'm sure he's very close to a lot of girls that are a part of his past and actually very intimate with him. Loving someone and being IN love with someone are two different animals.

Next up... a story will come out that Charles thinks his son is a wuss.... calls him "combat wombat". :eek:

I actually think that Edward VII was more regal than his mother in many ways.

George V was reasonably regal but his wife certainly was. George VI never quite made it in the regal sense to me - dutiful and fully aware of his role and position but missing that something extra. Charles has it actually - more so than his mother I think - she is very much like her father but Charles has a lot of the regality of earlier monarchs about him.

William - well I don't see anything royal about him in his attitude or behaviour - and he can't use the excuse that 'he is young' anymore. He is a mature man not a boy but I just don't get any sense that he has what it takes to be a true royal - he is too ordinary to be royal.

I think you just nailed it on the head for me. Ordinary.

He doesn't have the "mystique" of royalty of days gone by. He's been a heir for so long, he got his thumbs in the pies just as his dad did. He'd rather be getting his fingernails dirty planting a hedgegrow or reading books on spirituality... or giving opinions on a garish mosque in an old neighborhood.

When Charles becomes king, I think we will see a lot of life go out of him. I think it will maybe be comparable to Victoria after Albert died.

Yes... Wills did have flings when he was at uni or going to the bars and whatnot... getting physical with someone does not necessarily mean that you are "in love".

Well you have written what I have always thought and to take it further it certainly doesn´t mean marriage or even wanting to marry.
As to who was regal, there was no one in fairly recent times as regal as
Queen Victoria, just read about her in her granddaughter´s little book of memoirs "My Life in Six Reigns" by Princess Marie Louise. She was brought up to be Queen (it wasn´t sure she would be for some time but that didn´t stop her mother) she was born royal, when she had been on the throne for some years she showed how regal she was. Just look at her image on the coins and you will see what regal really looks like."
My opinion of course.

I'm wading through the Dimbleby bio of Charles right now. Actually my hubby picked up the book at the mailbox and walked in stooped shouldered and said "this HAS to be the entire history of the universe!". He's used to me though.. he lives with a bookaholic. :)

Victoria was very regal.. and also passionate. Balmoral was special to the both of them.. so was Osborne House.. and lets face it.. no matter where they were. they were happy. She found the magic mix of how to be Queen and have a happy home also. If I'm not mistaken, Albert was and is the only Prince Consort ever named. She wanted him to rule with her and in both familial and governmental.. they worked together.

Now.. we see her example followed years later with HM and the DoE. Will this kind of legacy follow through and allow William and Harry to emulate his great x4 grandmother?

Boils down to.. if he loves her.. so be it and long live the future queen!

it's a different generation between them so no comparison...but william is either reluctant or kate has been waiting so long that the public and he himself has no sense of urgency..:whistling:

it's a different generation between them so no comparison...but william is either reluctant or kate has been waiting so long that the public and he himself has no sense of urgency..:whistling:

OR they are both very private persons in their relationship. To them the public doesn't really figure into how they relate to each other.

Lets take a look here. She will no way be a virgin bride ala Diana. I really think that went out when Queen Mum died. it was antiquidated just as having a "witness" to the royal births were. Diana was perfect for the time.. she was 19 and still virgin. Charles was in his 30s and pressured for the heir and the spare... I think they met like 13 times before they wed? Sounds like my first marriage. :whistling:

It IS a different generation. The news media is instant around the world. ONE snap is a billion bucks to the paps,
AND.. instantly online for all of us. They call her Waity Katy.. they say William is hemming and hawing at the prospect of marriage.

What the headlines will NOT tell you is that "um... we honestly don't know what those two are up to" :eek:

Its got to be a good relationship... no one really knows what's going on.

Well no one can deny there is some attraction there. Whether it is true love or not well who can tell, I may be wrong but there is a feeling I get when I look at the photos of them together that it is a case of "one loves and the other lets love".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom