William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2013, when William finishes his training.

My guess is, that the will marry next year on the 30th anniversy of the marriage of Prince Charles and Lady Diana.

My guess is, that the will marry next year on the 30th anniversy of the marriage of Prince Charles and Lady Diana.

IMO, that is certainly one date they will be staying clear of. Hardly appropriate to base your wedding date on a marriage that was so troubled and ended in divorce.

IMO, that is certainly one date they will be staying clear of. Hardly appropriate to base your wedding date on a marriage that was so troubled and ended in divorce.

I agree.
Any date that has anything to do with Diana and Charles they will avoid.

So fellow posters, when do we think the engagement / wedding will be? My guess is a wedding next summer.

My guess is never.
I don't see Will marrying anytime soon.

I agree.
Any date that has anything to do with Diana and Charles they will avoid.

I think the aniversary date is out, but perhaps the first week of July in honor of Diana's birthday would be one possibilty, a more subltle way of honoring her.
It will either be next year or 2013, I think they'd avoid the Jubalee/Olympic year. Honestly, I'd rather it be next year just becuase that way we don't have to spend the Queen's Jubalee talking about William and Kate!

becuase that way we don't have to spend the Queen's Jubalee talking about William and Kate!

We don't have to.
It is quite easy to avoid talking about William and Kate in such an important year for the Queen.

If they do marry, my guess it is will be within the next couple of years. In 2012 Prince William will be 30 years old.

This week in Australia one of the Woman's magazines says engagement on the 30th anniversary of Charles and Diana's engagement with the wedding on the 30th anniversary of the marriage.

Personnally I think both those dates are out but...

I don't see them marrying until William has finished with the military in 2013 or even later and they are ready to start a family again in around about 2015 or 2016.

This week in Australia one of the Woman's magazines says engagement on the 30th anniversary of Charles and Diana's engagement with the wedding on the 30th anniversary of the marriage.

Personnally I think both those dates are out but...

I agree. For one, I think both William and Kate would be sensible enough to realize that choosing those dates for engagement and wedding would be a slap in the face to their dad and Camilla. Those two living beings would very much be participating in the events. Secondly, I believe one of William and Harry's goal with the Concert for Diana was to celebrate her life and in a way let go to rest in peace. They realize she will always be remembered and I really doubt either one of them would want to schedule something they know would be controversial.

He may have spent it in Africa since Harry was also still there the following week. He could have flown back to England after his birthday on Monday.

If he was in Africa with Kate, it would ahve been nice if some fotos came up.

If he was in Africa with Kate, it would ahve been nice if some fotos came up.

One of the reasons why he might have spent it there was that there was way less chance of photographers finding him if he decided to go out for dinner or something.

It is this constant demand for photos that is, to my way of thinking, a major reason for delaying the marriage so that they can have private time together.

Of course they may have spent the birthday together inside with no other people around in Britain again to avoid having photos plastered all over the press and the world.

William guards his private life very closely as he knows that it was the insatiable demand by the public for photos that killed his mother.

I do think that after the disastrous royal marriages that started with all the pomp and ceremony of the last 50 years (since Princess Margaret's marriage) smaller low key ceremonies are fine, especially as that was the way they were for a very long time.

He wouldn't be the first future King to marry in St George's. That is where Edward VII married Princess Alexandra and Edward was Prince of Wales at the time.

I like the last line in the piece though 'due to make an announcement later this year' with a wedding next year. Sounds as though this journalist believes that this is already set in stone when true royal watchers will know that this probably isn't the case 'due for' sounds like the sort of wording you get when you hear the Queen is 'due to' make a speech to the UN - which she recently did but that was the wording used after it had been announced that it would happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds believable, but I have been through so many articles on their relationship that I will only believe a wedding will happen when they announce their engagement.:flowers:

I agree that the story is believeable, but I don't like the way they play it as if it is already set in stone.

Times have changed ... I never really imagined William getting married at St Paul's or Westminster (he would hate all the fuss). I do really think if he wanted a quiet St George's Chapel (without the long carriage drive and balcony appearance in London) the Queen would understand. He is not the next in line to the throne Charles is which is why a big wedding in 1981 was a done deal.

I never saw him being comfortable with Westminster Abbey (and St Paul's far too grand). Don't be too surprised if it does turn out to be St George's Chapel in Windsor. What William wants the senior royals won't stand in his way. I doubt you will see a big grand carriage drive like the old days .. the country is virtually bankrupt and hard times for everyone.

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: News :: Prince William to wed Kate Middleton in private

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: News :: Prince William to wed Kate Middleton in private

Prince William has amazed aides with a bid to marry his bride-in-waiting Kate Middleton in a "private" family wedding.

The prince wants the Queen’s permission to wed at the *royals’ own personal church, St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle.

Personally I think this idea is so William. As much as I would be disappointed at not having a full pomp and circumstance full regalia wedding to watch, this small private wedding suits both Will and Kate so well. They are very private people. Will isn't overly fond of the limelight and I imagine too that he has a busy schedule with SAR. With the upcoming costs to the taxpayers for the Jubilee and the Olympics, this would also cut down on the cost of the wedding. I'm sure there will be coverage and such of the wedding but perhaps with the simplicity of the wedding between Charles and Camilla.

Is there anything that says he has to be married in London? What about Canterbury, or York, or Salisbury?

Is there anything that says he has to be married in London? What about Canterbury, or York, or Salisbury?

As Edward VII married at St George's in 1863 and the Duke of Kent married in York there is nothing to say that it has to be London.

I do think St George's is a very good choice - low key, no great carriage rides or balcony appearance, no great crowds to add to the security nightmare and costs etc.

That William wants to avoid the limelight is admirable during his grandmother's reign but he will have to accept in his father's reign and his own of course.

The Church of Scotland is not part of the Anglican Communion. As future (titular) head of the Church of England, I'm not sure he can marry in it. That doesn't mean, of course, that he can't marry in an Anglican Church in Scotland. I'm sure there's one near Balmoral.

I like the last line in the piece though 'due to make an announcement later this year' with a wedding next year. Sounds as though this journalist believes that this is already set in stone when true royal watchers will know that this probably isn't the case 'due for' sounds like the sort of wording you get when you hear the Queen is 'due to' make a speech to the UN - which she recently did but that was the wording used after it had been announced that it would happen.

I am reminded of a statement that Katie Nicholl made in her book "William and Harry". She stated that the way William is.. even if they did have a date for an engagement announcement and the press got a hold of it beforehand, he'd change it. :ROFLMAO:

The Church of Scotland is not part of the Anglican Communion. As future (titular) head of the Church of England, I'm not sure he can marry in it. That doesn't mean, of course, that he can't marry in an Anglican Church in Scotland. I'm sure there's one near Balmoral.

Although that does sound like a nice solution and would very much be low keyed and private, I do think they'll keep the ceremony in London and give the public a wedding they'll be able to celebrate. Just not on a grand scale such as Charles and Diana's was. St. George's chapel at Windsor sounds just about perfect to me and would be keeping it smaller and more intimate.

I think that people would want a balconey appearance, even if William marries in a smaller church than St. Paul's or Westminster Abbey. At least I would!:flowers:

Although that does sound like a nice solution and would very much be low keyed and private, I do think they'll keep the ceremony in London and give the public a wedding they'll be able to celebrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom