William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow 2017?! Haven't they been dating for 8 years now? If they wait till 2017 that's 15 years of dating! Longer than Victoria and Daniel and King Harald and Queen Sonja!

Sad nothing was announced- I was really looking forward to it.

Did you really think that after Tina Brown annouced those dates that there was the remotest chance that any announcement would take place on them?
She was wrong - not only about the dates of an annoucement but even about the dates being blocked out as the Queen, Philip, Charles and William had engagements on those days and that was made clear at the time of her annoucements.

There have been many clues this year that an annoucement at this time wasn't on - the engagements on those days, William's tour to SA for the World Cup, too close to the Trooping of the Colour and Princess Victoria's wedding (on the world stage William's engagement would get greater press than Victoria's actual wedding and royals are conscious of that - yes I know that Frederick and Felipe were married a week apart but they didn't have the engagement of Felipe coming a couple of weeks before Frederick's wedding and thus overshadowing the wedding - everything was planned for the two weddings to take place that close together.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see anything wrong with 2017, but 2030 sounds like a better date to me.

Well in 2030 he will be what? 48 years old? If he wants to marry Kate and have children with her he must marry sooner that that. Imo the pressure on him to get marry and have children will also start soon, not right now but in the next ten years surely.

I just don't see him ever marrying her. He's 27(28 in a few days) it's his first serious girlfriend-relationship and the "supposed" date of a "supposed" engagement keeps getting pushed back year after year in the press each time an engagement fails to materialize.

IMO, It is the press pushing for an engagement, that may never take place with these two.
I don't believe and never have believed he wants to marry her or anyone at this point, no matter how long Kate waits, I don't see her going any further than she has with him. She is his girlfriend, no matter how much importance the press tries to give her, as his fiancee in all but name, he hasn't moved this forward with an engagement.

Are we sure that it is William who hasn't moved this forward or is it Kate?
All we know is what the press wants us to know but it is clear that they know nothing and therefore we know nothing about her or about him and most importantly about their relationship.

There have been many suggestions on this thread that William has no intention of marrying Kate. I think this is completely wrong.... I think he certainly does intend to marry her. She would first and foremost have to have an absolute assurance at this stage that marriage is where they are heading or she simply would not be still with him. It would be a total waste of her life to be into the eight year of a relationship with a man who had given no indication at all that he wished to spend his life with her. It would also paint him in a very very bad light if he suddenly dumped her now.

I do feel though that the present situation simply cannot continue for much longer. She is in a very difficult position. She has apparently signed a confidentiality agreement... has protection as though she was a royal....is under all the press scrutiny of a member of the firm, and yet is not a member of the firm in any official way. She continues in no man's land.... and while that is ok to a point... her status in an apparent limbo state cannot be a positive thing from a public relations point of view. Her position needs to be formalised in some way.... no one is saying they have to get married in the morning... but a formal engagement, with at the very least the appearance of a ring on her finger would at least acknowledge her position.

Its Kate herself who is coming under negative press with the nickname Waity Katie...etc... and criticism about her virtually doing nothing excect waiting for her life to be formalised. You would imagine that William would wish to rectify this and protect her from being the subejct of these endless negative comments, and end her limbo status, which again from a public relations point of view does her no favours at all.

If this saga does drag on until 2013.... everyone will have LONG lost interest in the whole thing. I really can't see that happening. My money is still on next year 2011 being the big year.

I'd say sooner rather than later this issue must be settled either way. If it 'drags on' to say 2017 then the press will start calling HRH a 'indecisive ditherer' causing long-term damage to him in the eyes of the wider Commonwealth public.

Several Princes have had longtime public girlfriends they dated for years in their twenties who they did not marry. I think William's image would survive. I agree though, sometimes the sooner things are resolved, the better, either way.

The thing with the press is they write their articles assuming they know the status of the relationship, when they don't really know what degree of a relationship the Prince and Kate have. imo

I'm really not sure I can be bothered to speculate anymore about this subject suffice to say that sometime between today and William's 60th birthday he may......or may not.....have become engaged to Kate......or possibly someone else.....or possibly not become engaged at all!.....I could be wrong!

I have lost total interest in this couple, it's just taking a bit too long. I visit this thread because I enjoy reading everyone's comments. More fun than reading about Kate and William.

i HOPE it doesn't happen, she and her family aren't just social climbers, they are practically mountaineers! I've been living in London for quite some time, and I have heard enough (not read, mind you i ignore that) through friends and university class fellows etc to form my own opinion. BUT I fear it might just happen since they have been together for too long. the time factor will be William's undoing. After all, logically speaking, if he doesn't date anyone else NOW, how will he ever go deep in another relationship? Seems like waity katy is here to stay. Sometimes I think William might pull an Albert, but I don't think the BRF will allow it. They will want him married by 35, IMO.
I do understand (somewhat!) why she doesn't work now, but what about when she graduated (what, 6 years ago?) what then? was she soooo sure of having his ring on her finger that she never once pursued a proper career (one she earned her degree for)
My God, Elvis didn't make Priscilla wait around for this long!
Oh well, i think everyone's losing interest as time trudges along with no news:)

i HOPE it doesn't happen, she and her family aren't just social climbers, they are practically mountaineers! I've been living in London for quite some time, and I have heard enough IMO.

I have heard too, that they would try Everest to get to their goal.
I think the Uncle must have been a severe blow to them. I hope it never happens, it might not, it is not unheard of for Kings and princes to have long term mistresses but the fact that she is a young unmarried girl complicates things.

I do understand (somewhat!) why she doesn't work now, but what about when she graduated (what, 6 years ago?) what then? was she soooo sure of having his ring on her finger that she never once pursued a proper career (one she earned her degree for)

Lack of career and professional experience, this is Kate's biggest 'drawback' IMO. I wonder what the Queen thinks about this. ;):rolleyes:

I don't, can somebody enlighten me? :ermm:

I think the joke is that if William waits much longer to propose, he might as well wait until he's an old man. ;) At least that was my interpretation.

It is very unusual that the relation of a young couple has so much affect on public. The girl who he will get married with will be the representative of a nation and a tradition in the future. It must be very distressing for him. :)

I would imagine that that would also be difficult, and most distressing, for the woman that he marries, as well... I do not envy them.

I would imagine that that would also be difficult, and most distressing, for the woman that he marries, as well... I do not envy them.

Neither do I, but I especially don't envy whomever will be William's bride/wife. As much as I hate saying it, it's a sad reality she'll be compared to Diana at just about every turn.

I wouldn't wish that kind of pressure on my worst enemy.

The Palace has probably located the perfect, vestal virgin that William is going to marry-they are just waiting for her to be of a marriageable age :whistling:

Kate is going to become his mistress, the one he marries after his divorce from (and the subsequent demise of) said virgin. The BRF never learns from their history

By 2013, Waity Kate will be a bigger national joke than she already is

I think calling her Waity Kate is rather insulting and unnecessary and frankly, I don't care if the tabloids call her that or not. We should be better than tabloids. Her name is Kate. That's what we should call her.

I totally agree with you, SisterM! But isn't her name ... Katherine??

I agree. Unless someone prefers to be called by a nickname, it's much more respectful to use the person's real name.:flowers:

The engagement/marriage predictions are getting ridiculous. Some say 2011, some say 2012, some say 2013, and I think that someone suggested 2017. The CrownPrincess 5 was taking the pattern to an absurd and funny conclusion. At least, that's the way I took it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom