William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this Tara Palmer Tomkinson is no close friend to Prince William and Ms Middleton. If she knows anything it is through her family's relationship with the royals. I read Prince Charles for a while did not want his boys around her because of her drug use. Does anyone know if she lick the habit? I still believe something is up by the statement from Ms Brown. This author by taking many years writing a book on Diana, Princess of Wales does have highly placed sources.

By the way I think that Prince William and Ms Middleton are engaged.:flowers:

I think TPT's reaction to that question seemed genuine enough. You can't accuse her of talking about PW because she didn't know that question was going to be asked and answered it spontaniously and it's not as if she's given much away. She only said what William himself has said about it recently. BTW her parents are very close indeed to Prince Charles so she is definatley "in the know" as it were.

How was Tara Palmer Tomkinson approached by the press? I don't know the details to be able to judge that her answer was spontaneous and genuine. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
How was Tara Palmer Tomkinson approached by the press? I don't know the details to be able to judge that her answer was spontaneous and genuine. :flowers:

I believe someone just walked up to her and asked about William and Kate.

I think this Tara Palmer Tomkinson is no close friend to Prince William and Ms Middleton. If she knows anything it is through her family's relationship with the royals. I read Prince Charles for a while did not want his boys around her because of her drug use. Does anyone know if she lick the habit? I still believe something is up by the statement from Ms Brown. This author by taking many years writing a book on Diana, Princess of Wales does have highly placed sources.

If they are engaged, confirming they want to marry, then why haven't they announced it?
What would be the point in waiting to marry? The election is passed they could announce it any day they wanted, but seemingly haven't. If i recieved an engagment ring from Prince William i wouldn't hide the fact.

I've just noticed this part of the TPT article.

"high-placed source in royal circles tells me that two days in June have been mysteriously blocked out on the palace diaries - June 3 and 4.
"They suggest this is a likely date for the engagement announcement at last of the 27-year-old Prince William and his patient squeeze, 28-year-old Kate Middleton.
"If so, a wedding itself would probably follow in November."
She claimed the tip came from an "impeccable" source close to the royal family.

On the 3rd June, The Queen and The DOE will visit the HMS Ocean in Devonport.
The Prince of Wales is not listed as doing anything, and presumably William will be in traning. Some impeccable source does not know how to read the royal calender.

The press is saying Will and Kate have already set a date and that he bought her a ring. Same old thing.

Article?
Rumours come to light when she either attends a big event such as his passing out ceremony or the Order of the Garter ceremony. Or when she attends a wedding with him.
If they were engaged, why keep it from the press? They obviously want to marry, so why hide it?

If they were engaged, why keep it from the press? They obviously want to marry, so why hide it?

I don't get it. Just come right out and say it. All I can say is that they obviously enjoy the press speculating and making assumptions about them. I would just come right out and say "Yes, we're engaged" or "No, we're not engaged". Simple as that. What girl doesn't want to tell the world she's engaged. This has gone on long enough and I'm getting tired of it. The royal court could at least release a statement:bang:.

that news about brown blocking his dates as well is new, isnt it?

^^
do you mean Gordon Brown? Do you know that he is not the prime minister now? So if he blocks his dates it only matters to him

Article?
Rumours come to light when she either attends a big event such as his passing out ceremony or the Order of the Garter ceremony. Or when she attends a wedding with him.

Why do you say it is obvious they want to marry?

that news about brown blocking his dates as well is new, isnt it?

^^
do you mean Gordon Brown? Do you know that he is not the prime minister now? So if he blocks his dates it only matters to him

Brown would have nothing to do with the day they choose to announce the engagement seeing as he is no longer PM. When he blocks his days out, it has nothing to do with the supposed future wedding.

Why do you say it is obvious they want to marry?

I meant, that if they were engaged, (as georgia suggested) they obviously want to marry because they're engaged so why hide it from the press.

I didn't mean they actually do want to marry.

I don't get it. Just come right out and say it. All I can say is that they obviously enjoy the press speculating and making assumptions about them. I would just come right out and say "Yes, we're engaged" or "No, we're not engaged". Simple as that. What girl doesn't want to tell the world she's engaged. This has gone on long enough and I'm getting tired of it. The royal court could at least release a statement:bang:.

Releasing a statement would mean the royal court is getting involved in the malicious gossip. It has also and probably will never release statements about Harry and Williams relationships with any present or future girlfriends.

I REALLY dont think Tina Brown is reliable.

Tara attend to wedding of Charles & Camila.

From what I hear she or at least her family is still friends with Charles.

If she and/or her family are still friends with Charles, I believe it's easier for her to know if William is getting married soon or not, than Tina Brown or some other columnist.

In my personal opinion, I think the connections of Tara with Charles, much stronger than Tina Brown & company.

I meant, that if they were engaged, (as georgia suggested) they obviously want to marry because they're engaged so why hide it from the press. I didn't mean they actually do want to marry.

I think for Prince William announcing an engagement will be hard because of what the press would do to Ms. Middleton. He still has scars from his mother's trial with the press. I really think they could be engaged secretly because of those two factors. I think when they announce their engagement it will be very close to the wedding.:flowers:

I agree dianadebraga. If people would take the time to actually view the video that was originally posted in Msg. #1003 you can clearly see that Tara is being asked questions at some event (possibly a fashion event) and didn't know what questions were going to be asked. So her answer is off the cuff. It's not like she called the press to talk to them. It doesn't matter if she's close to William and Harry or not, her parents are close long-time friends with Charles and Camilla.
Tina Brown is just a journalist trying to bring attention to her work (books, etc.) and her new blog site. Her ploy worked. All journalists say they were "close friends" with Diana or they have "reliable sources" in order to bring credibility to themselves. Who's going to dispute it? Just because they had a lunch with Diana doesn't make them a good friend or any more reliable. Diane "lunched" with many journalists including tabloid jornos (Piers Morgan comes to mind). That doesn't make them "good friends".
I would certainly trust Tara over Tina Brown any day.

And I don't believe in any secret engagement that people keep trying to put forward. It's all heresay.

Engaged in what? :whistling:
A great game of Twister! Didn't you know? It's all the rage! :D

Well it IS the middle of May and May and June are heavy wedding months so it looks like the media has nothing but marriage on the mind. . . .

I think we all just have to wait until a formal announcement is made.So many "insiders" but do they have correct information?
How long can a person remain an insider if they talk to the press?

I think for Prince William announcing an engagement will be hard because of what the press would do to Ms. Middleton. He still has scars from his mother's trial with the press. I really think they could be engaged secretly because of those two factors. I think when they announce their engagement it will be very close to the wedding.:flowers:

No it wouldn't be that hard.
Whenever they announce the engagment, Kate will become a future royal, she will get the same amount of security as any actual royal. They can't call her waity kaity anymore, what else can they do to her, when she is engaged to a prince.
His mothers trial shouldn't stop him from announcing his engagement to the woman he loves.
If they were engaged we'd know about it, he wouldn't of kept it a secret.
He's a big boy, and Kate is a big girl, old enough to deal with the press and whatever they are going to make up. She's been with him for what 8 years, if she's stuck by him this long, no press crap kicked up after an engagement is going to change her mind.
No royal has ever announced there engagement soon to a wedding. Thats stupid. The public would want to know about the engagement more than a week before the wedding. It would allow royal watchers to travel to the wedding before hand.
They need time to plan before the wedding. They aren't just going to tell the planning people they are engaged and not tell the public.
Plus Kate would move into the royal house before hand, wouldn't the press notice this? I don't see her taking of her engagement ring just to go out shopping.
Souveniers need to be made, tea-towels, mugs etc. They would never be able to keep the engagement a secret will all the plans going on.

A June announcement would mean, by precedence, a winter wedding which would not be right. WHEN they get engaged, I see a winter announcement and a summer wedding.

When they get engaged, when the ask the Queens permission, they will publisice the news, at least 6 months before the date of the wedding if not longer.

There are so many outsiders one wonders if there is anyone left on the outside.
Russophile did you call it Twister? Is that what they call it now. Interesting.

There are so many outsiders one wonders if there is anyone left on the outside.
Russophile did you call it Twister? Is that what they call it now. Interesting.

All these rubbish news stories are twisting my mind round the bend if that counts as twister? :lol:

Yes all of these rumors are annoying, but I can't get the fact out of my head that half of the time there is "some" truth to the situation. But I would like to know what the truth part is!

I have to agree with you on that, CP5! I think we would All like to know the truth... :)

I have to agree with you on that, CP5! I think we would All like to know the truth... :)
Udyusa, left foot yellow. Got it?

Unfortunately, we will know when HM wants us to know. . .

Right hand Big blue dot, and now left foot yellow. Right on!

I understand now that we will have to wait until HM is ready to grace us with her knowledge... Thank you, Russo.

What a sad day for royalty when the girlfriend of the 2nd in line to the throne is classed as a celebrity with football players such as Wayne Rooney and a host of others who will be here today and gone tomorrow. The BRF has truly lost their way in being something special IMO and this is further proof of it.

I don't doubt that there are those who would prefer Miss Middleton to be gone tomorrow..

What a sad day for royalty...
Oh cheer up, it's a Piers Morgan tongue in cheek look at modern British celebrity. A bit of humour - that's OK, with some serious observations reserved for the more important. Anyway, Kate is flanked by Tony Blair and Sir Elton John on one side, and Prince Harry and Daniel Craig on the other. Never fear, she's well protected from the WAGS and scrags. :)

Here's part of what Piers Morgan has to say about Kate Middleton:

I've never met her, but my sister has (her husband trained William and Harry at Sandhurst), and says she's a lovely girl - down-to-earth and very friendly. goes about the incredibly difficult task of being the girlfriend of our future monarch with remarkably good grace. I hope William marries her, because there aren't many women around who can replace Kate and do such a good job.

But if they do head down the aisle, then she will matter more than any other woman on this list, because she'll one day be Queen. And that will afford her a bit of clout.

And Harry:

I was just starting to really like Harry and then Amanda Holden told me how he'd come up to her at some function and asked, 'Is Piers Morgan as big a prat in real life as he is on Britain's Got Talent?'
But, to be serious, I think he's maturing into a thoroughly decent young man. I watched him in action at a recent military awards ceremony, and he was wonderfully warm and natural with a group of mothers who had lost their sons in action - hugging each one on stage.

My brother-in-law, then an Army colonel, trained both William and Harry at Sandhurst military academy and said they were both excellent soldiers, but more importantly perhaps, excellent down-to-earth chaps who mucked in with everyone else, asked for no favours and worked hard.

° ° °

There, an enjoyable read with a fair amount of insight, no harm done, and certainly no reason to decare it "a sad day for royalty." :)

What a sad day for royalty when the girlfriend of the 2nd in line to the throne is classed as a celebrity with football players such as Wayne Rooney and a host of others who will be here today and gone tomorrow. The BRF has truly lost their way in being something special IMO and this is further proof of it.

I see what you mean though. Since when is the girlfriend of a prince a celebrity? If William were to cut ties with her she'd be forgotten in 3 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom